4 posters
AuthorMessage
issi
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-07-12

28w Glucose Tolerance Test Empty
PostSubject: Re: 28w Glucose Tolerance Test   28w Glucose Tolerance Test EmptyTue 14 Sep 2010, 12:17 am

Oooh congratulations on your pregnancy!! :-)
Back to top Go down
nomesskinnypants
nomesskinnypants

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: 28w Glucose Tolerance Test   28w Glucose Tolerance Test EmptyFri 10 Sep 2010, 12:22 pm

28w Glucose Tolerance Test 618285 I am 10 weeks.
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: 28w Glucose Tolerance Test   28w Glucose Tolerance Test EmptySat 04 Sep 2010, 5:37 am

Oh, congratulations, Nomes!! How far along are you?
Back to top Go down
nomesskinnypants
nomesskinnypants

Female
Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: 28w Glucose Tolerance Test   28w Glucose Tolerance Test EmptyFri 03 Sep 2010, 6:41 am

I haven't told anyone I'm preggers yet so I guess this is me coming out of the closet lmao.

I spoke to my OB about it and he suggests doing a Hb1Ac test. This will check the average blood glucose for the last 8 - 12 weeks. Tamara, I'm suprised ur OB wanted to torture u like that lol.
Back to top Go down
Tamara
Part of the furniture
Tamara

Female
Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: 28w Glucose Tolerance Test   28w Glucose Tolerance Test EmptyThu 26 Aug 2010, 8:47 am

I brought this up with my OB, as she makes everyone do the 2hour test from the word go. I explained that I knew there was no was possible I would be able to consume the required amount of liquid in the short time period, but that I was open to other options as I didnt want to skip the test.

In the end we decided that I would just finger prick first thing in the morning, and 2 hours after every meal, and then again at bed time, to see what my sugar levels were like - luckily it was only for a couple of days, as by the end of it my fingers were so sore!!
I purposely ate sugary things a couple of times before I had to do my readings (jam donuts, chocolate bar etc), just to see how my body handled lots and lots of sugar in one go - everything came back fine, and I dont have GD.

Is this an option for you also?
Back to top Go down
issi
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: 28w Glucose Tolerance Test   28w Glucose Tolerance Test EmptyThu 26 Aug 2010, 7:15 am

I know the pregnancy Glucose Tolerance Challange (1hr) is easily possible with the sleeve but the Glucose Tolerance Test (2-3hr) does not seem to be from the info i've got from my OB. Has anybody found a way around this if they have had to take the 2-3hr test not just the 1hr challange?

(I attempted the 3hr test but obviously 300mls of very fizzy drink skulled in less than 5mins on an empty stomach at 8am isn't going to stay down... and even when it does not for long - I managed to keep it down (in my oesophagus) 30mins before it all came back.)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 28w Glucose Tolerance Test   28w Glucose Tolerance Test Empty

Back to top Go down

28w Glucose Tolerance Test
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: Guys, Girls & Relationships :: Secret Women's Business-
Jump to: