AuthorMessage
Tamara
Part of the furniture
Tamara

Female
Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Newbie wanting to plan her sleeve!  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie wanting to plan her sleeve!    Newbie wanting to plan her sleeve!  EmptyMon 23 Aug 2010, 1:29 pm

Hi Sassy!!

I just saw your post on BH, so I wont repeat what I wrote there, but wanted to say hello to you on here too (Im STM over there).

xx
Tamara
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
loving5
loving5

Female
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Newbie wanting to plan her sleeve!    Newbie wanting to plan her sleeve!  EmptyMon 23 Aug 2010, 9:14 am

Hi Stacey,
I'll try to pm you again later'
Get your PHI sorted first. Making sure that the company you chose does cover WLS, as some are starting to not cover them on their basic cover IYKWIM.
Talk to your g.p. next
Research about the surgeons in your area.
Chatting on here will really help you to prepare mentally and physically.
And go from there.
Jen.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Newbie wanting to plan her sleeve!    Newbie wanting to plan her sleeve!  EmptySun 22 Aug 2010, 8:39 pm

Hi Stacey and welcome to the forum.

Get you Private Health Insurance organised first.

Once that is organised you then have the 12 months to do the rest.

Good luck with your journey.

Newbie wanting to plan her sleeve!  217555 Newbie wanting to plan her sleeve!  217555
Back to top Go down
melbell
Part of the furniture
melbell

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2010-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Newbie wanting to plan her sleeve!    Newbie wanting to plan her sleeve!  EmptySun 22 Aug 2010, 1:06 pm

hey stacey

i got my phi and made appointment to see surgeon got referal as you need before seeing surgeon i went with dr greenslade at greenslope he is the cheapest ,and helps his a great surgeon
http://www.brisbanebariatrics.com.au/ that is his web site also has his prices .I have sleeve in january and i went for first appointment in febuary this year lol wanted to get booked in early .

hope this helps

mel
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Newbie wanting to plan her sleeve!    Newbie wanting to plan her sleeve!  EmptySun 22 Aug 2010, 12:46 pm

Hey Stacey.... welcome and good on you for making the decision to have the sleeve... i absolutely love it!

First of all get your insurance as you will need to wait 12 months for that to kick in before you can have surgery, otherwise you will have to pay for it yourself or trying to get it from your superannuation.....

See you GP and get a referral to a Surgeon who does the sleeve. I am sure there will be sleevers on here who will let you know who is the best in your area...

have a great read on here..... take care!
Back to top Go down
SassyMummy
Part of the furniture
SassyMummy

Female
Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2010-08-21

PostSubject: Newbie wanting to plan her sleeve!    Newbie wanting to plan her sleeve!  EmptySun 22 Aug 2010, 12:41 pm

Hi!

I'm Stacey, I'm 24, and I am planning on having a gastric sleeve done. :)

I'm not extremely heavy - 97kg at last check - but I'm also a shortie at 162cm. My highest-ever weight was 110kg... and the only way I got down from that was starving myself after a relationship breakdown in 2008 for fear that nobody would ever want me again.

I have tried SO MANY THINGS to combat my weight issues. I've never been a small-build, and at age 12 I was already 60kg. It just kept on going up and up and up from there.

Atkins worked temporarily, but then I missed fruit and milk and gave up.
The CSIRO diet required too much money to feed my family who were always complaining anyway.
Lite n Easy worked a little but cost too much for too little food.
Counting Calories seemed to get me nowhere, even with really good eating.
Aerobic exercises and running/walking wasn't fun as I have large breasts, and would just wind me.
Riding my exercise bike is doing nothing for my weight. I ride 10km most days but am still gaining!

I had my gallbladder removed in Jan thanks to a large number of huge gallstones...

I am going to get tested for diabetes soon as all teh adults on my mothers side have it and I certainly fit some of the symptoms.

I am HOPING that someone will accept me as a patient, even if it turns out I do not yet have diabetes. My BMI is 37 at the moment, but I don't want to have to get worse in order to get help. I know I'm quite young, but I think I've given it a good go over the years, and I just need some additional help! I don't want to get to 45 and get it then, and then wish I had it done back in my 20s... which is why I've decided this is something I need to do for myself, and for my health.

Anyway, I know this is TOTALLY long-winded.

I'm in Qld too btw, northside of Bris... and have a 5-year-old daughter.

I haven't done anything yet to organise this - right now, I need to figure out what order I'll do things. Do I contact a surgeon and THEN organise health insurance? Organise that first? Organise my funding for hte operation first? Etc etc. If you guys have any answers to these questions - I woudl be grateful!

Anyway, I'm rambling and this is a REALLY long intro...

(Oh, and another member of your forum guided me here. :) I've also heard some members are from another forum I frequent too, a parenting one, under the same name I'm using here... so "Hi!")

Stacey xx

Back to top Go down
http://randomchickrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie wanting to plan her sleeve!    Newbie wanting to plan her sleeve!  Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie wanting to plan her sleeve!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: