AuthorMessage
kazlikesgreen
Part of the furniture
kazlikesgreen

Female
Number of posts : 1024
Registration date : 2010-05-13

I'm having a BAD day :( Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm having a BAD day :(   I'm having a BAD day :( EmptyTue 10 Aug 2010, 2:25 am

[quote="whitegold10"] I made 'hot chips' but very,very thinly cutting an eggplant into circles and baking them on about 150 until they went crisp. Sprinkled them with paprika or rosemary + garlic, and they were yum. Mentally that just made me happier.

quote]

LOVE IT!! - im going to go get an eggplant now!!! This is where i struggle! trying to come up with yummy ideas for vegetables!
Back to top Go down
http://karenjenniferful.blogspot.com
cartay
Part of the furniture
cartay

Female
Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: I'm having a BAD day :(   I'm having a BAD day :( EmptySat 07 Aug 2010, 1:24 pm

It's true everyone, those days of opti (especially those early days of opti) are totally terrible. BUT .... there is light at the end of the tunnel!

A few things to consider (which helped me keep focus for my pre-op diet):
- Every KG you get rid of now is a head start to the rest of your life
- The point of opti is to shrink our liver so the surgery can be performed easily ... my Dr told me that he WOULD close up before even attempting surgery if the liver was in the way.
- My dietician told me that the Dr COULD TELL those who had stuck with it and those who had cheated (I didn't want to have to face him if I'd cheated ;S )
- If you are going to invest thousands of dollars, lots of time and plenty of energy into an rather extreme surgery, surely you want to do everything within your power to improve your chances of success.

At the time it sucks, but at least doing opti gives you something else to consider, rather than allowing those pre-op nerves to settle in.

Good luck OPTI'ers - YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Carah x
Back to top Go down
Elster71
Elster71

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2010-01-08

PostSubject: Re: I'm having a BAD day :(   I'm having a BAD day :( EmptySat 07 Aug 2010, 8:06 am

I'm on my fourth week of opti, with op on the 16th and although it has sucked big time the one thing keeping me going has been the weightloss. Well in the last two days somehow I've managed to gain a kilo!!! I have been soooooo good, I just don't understand it! I don't get periods (sorry TMI!), have not added salt or soy sauce or anything to the steamed vegies and grilled chicken/fish I have for my "one meal" and I've been drinking loads of water. I think what I might do is go to 3 opti meals for this last week and drop the one "proper" meal I was having.
Sorry guys, just needed to vent....

I'm having a BAD day :( 68366
Back to top Go down
NQGIRL *Jan
NQGIRL *Jan

Female
Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2010-07-23

PostSubject: Re: I'm having a BAD day :(   I'm having a BAD day :( EmptyFri 06 Aug 2010, 9:53 am

The headaches aren't fun are they I'm having a BAD day :( 595690 I have had a few, but sort of know they are from the diet cause of what I have read here. I suffer from migraines - but touch wood I haven't had any lately..

I wasn't well today and I admit I fell off the wagon. I had three Cruskits when I got home today. Just needed something in my stomach if I was going to be ill again.. I'm having a BAD day :( 135961

Good on you though for your five days.. Only what - 18-19 to go I'm having a BAD day :( 63412
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: I'm having a BAD day :(   I'm having a BAD day :( EmptyFri 06 Aug 2010, 9:01 am

Im having a struggle today.

Got a shocking headache, and Im sick of hearing food ads on the TV/ radio and even yahoo on the net.

I havent gone off it once in 5 days but yeah i guess today, I just dont 'feel' well.

I will do it, I know I can its just a tough day. Crazy
Back to top Go down
NQGIRL *Jan
NQGIRL *Jan

Female

PostSubject: Re: I'm having a BAD day :(   I'm having a BAD day :( EmptyFri 06 Aug 2010, 8:09 am

Thanks for everyone's support.
I liked the quote from someone - This is the last diet you'll ever have to be on. The last two days have been much better than Wednesday was. I read somewhere that they the reckon those first three days are the worst.
Anyway - once I get through the weekend I reckon it'll be good. I see the doc and dietician next week so hopefully they will confirm my surgery for the 27th August - 3 WEEKS TODAY - I CAN DO THIS kiss
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: I'm having a BAD day :(   I'm having a BAD day :( EmptyFri 06 Aug 2010, 8:06 am

Hi,
You poor things !!!
We on this side still remember how hard it was, I wanted to kill people LOL
Having said that I am back on opti for my anniversary, I think that I have a serious problem !!!

Hang tough, all of you, it is worth it, you are all worth it.
Jenni had to do 13 weeks, now that would have driven me completely mental.

You will never know how good it feels like to hear those wonderful words, You have a beautiful liver LOL

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
whitegold10
whitegold10

Female
Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2010-04-15

PostSubject: Re: I'm having a BAD day :(   I'm having a BAD day :( EmptyFri 06 Aug 2010, 7:42 am

hang in there everyone, for me now 1 week post op, i can honestly say opti was THE hardest part of this whole experience both physically and mentally, but now over the other side, its fantastic! Hold in there. Just remind yourself of the medical side of the opti.
If you are trying to find ways to spice up your vege intake, I made 'hot chips' but very,very thinly cutting an eggplant into circles and baking them on about 150 until they went crisp. Sprinkled them with paprika or rosemary + garlic, and they were yum. Mentally that just made me happier.

Other than that, maybe try the tony ferguson forum. I know they have loaaaads of low carb ideas (as i tried that diet for a while) and thats how i got the eggplant chip recipe. Good luck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Sound File: Peeing out the fat, oops, Bringing in the Sheaves   I'm having a BAD day :( EmptyFri 06 Aug 2010, 4:18 am

For your listening pleasure:

http://www.mfiles.co.uk/mp3-downloads/bringing-in-the-sheaves.mp3

Zoe I'm having a BAD day :( 314562
Back to top Go down
fatnomore
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: I'm having a BAD day :(   I'm having a BAD day :( EmptyFri 06 Aug 2010, 1:00 am

If we can do you you can do it..you can...you can you can you can!

How did I cope

well

lots of water ...lots
had a meal plan... ie opti at 8am then water, orange at 10am, lunch at 12.00, then water water water and snacked on carrot sticks,then dinner at 6 then opti at 7.30..then bed soon after... you can do it!!
think of food as to survive and not to enjoy it...
go thru the gallery pics and inspire yourself
think of the surgeon opening you up and saying sorry couldnt do the op!
think this is your last diet EVER
how quick does this time go in your life...

and lastly

SUCK IT UP PRINCESS ...lol....there are A LOT worse things in life..you could be going thru chemo, brain surgery anything....this is just food and you CAN and WILL do it.....

haha That is all!
Back to top Go down
Joyla
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2010-07-28

PostSubject: Re: I'm having a BAD day :(   I'm having a BAD day :( EmptyFri 06 Aug 2010, 12:44 am

Yes indeedie - we can all do this together - Its day 12 for me - my how time flies - and I am yet to have my first visit to the surgeon. I decided to do it to get in a head start and because I had so much to lose, originally weighing in at 165kg. I'm 158kg today so it really is working.
I can relate to the food smells in the work environment. I have a gut sitting near me who heats up curries every lunchtime and I LUUUUV curries - And to boot he's as thin as a rake. Two reasons to flatten him.
But I persevere cos I know that this is going to change my life. I'm going to have more energy and zeal for life - in fact I already do - its fanjolleytastic.
So, hang in there - when the blues strick, hit em back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: I'm having a BAD day :(   I'm having a BAD day :( EmptyThu 05 Aug 2010, 10:40 pm

Come on girls, you CAN DO IT!!

Its only 2 short weeks out of the rest of your life.

I'm having a BAD day :( 217555 I'm having a BAD day :( 217555 I'm having a BAD day :( 542174 I'm having a BAD day :( 542174
Back to top Go down
madmargi
madmargi

Female
Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2010-04-26

PostSubject: Re: I'm having a BAD day :(   I'm having a BAD day :( EmptyThu 05 Aug 2010, 3:11 pm

Three days into the Pre op diet and I want to give up. Don't give up, it is worth doing it. It will make your surgeon's job easier and therefore be better for you. I took to snacking on asparagus spears, pickled, lots of salad and always had a batch of cooked vegies for the emergency munchies. The headaches were bad at first but they go once the body realises that what you are doing is good for it. I did 7 weeks, you CAN do 3! Have faith in yourself and take yourself away from the tempation times. I was sleeved 3 months ago and I have lost 37 kilos. Good luck to you. Margi.
Back to top Go down
myeverest
Part of the furniture
myeverest

Female
Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2010-07-16

PostSubject: Re: I'm having a BAD day :(   I'm having a BAD day :( EmptyThu 05 Aug 2010, 1:13 am

Hiya *waves*

Just remember, this is the last diet you will ever have to be on.
That is whats getting me through the optifast stage at the moment.
I'm having a BAD day :( 217555

take care
jackie
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: I'm having a BAD day :(   I'm having a BAD day :( EmptyThu 05 Aug 2010, 1:05 am

sssss wrote:
*Lib* wrote:
I spent so much time peeing and repeating the mantra "Peeing out the fat, peeing out the fat!"

works really well if sung to the tune of "bringing in the sheaves" (apologies to those who aren't old enough to remember the tune of the old hymn -- maybe Zoe could play it for us...digitally record it and post it into her diary (lol)

S
Thats exactly the tune I used I'm having a BAD day :( 314562
Back to top Go down
Sharon66
Part of the furniture
Sharon66

Female
Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2009-10-16

PostSubject: Re: I'm having a BAD day :(   I'm having a BAD day :( EmptyThu 05 Aug 2010, 1:02 am

Hang in there ladies,remember the big picture,your future is bright.
Repeat after me....IT WON'T HAPPEN OVER NIGHT BUT IT WILL HAPPEN!!!!
You can do it,
Sharon
I'm having a BAD day :( 217555
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: I'm having a BAD day :(   I'm having a BAD day :( EmptyWed 04 Aug 2010, 1:16 pm

*Lib* wrote:
I spent so much time peeing and repeating the mantra "Peeing out the fat, peeing out the fat!"

works really well if sung to the tune of "bringing in the sheaves" (apologies to those who aren't old enough to remember the tune of the old hymn -- maybe Zoe could play it for us...digitally record it and post it into her diary (lol)

S
Back to top Go down
Jigglypuff
Part of the furniture
Jigglypuff

Female
Number of posts : 332
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: I'm having a BAD day :(   I'm having a BAD day :( EmptyWed 04 Aug 2010, 12:15 pm

Girls, I'm going to jump on this band wagon too... I'm on day 2 of 4 weeks of opti...bleh.
3 meal replacements a day and 2 cups of vegies.

The facts are that it sucks, makes you feel awful and you resent anyone eating near you. BUT it's the best thing for our liver and its only a few weeks. I had a moment at work today when I could have seriously injured my boss for heating up spag bog in the microwave for lunch...it smelt sooooo delish.

Anyway, last night I painted my nails, took a long soak in the bathtub, and sorted out my underwear draw...oh and trawled the GSS Forum LOL.

Stick with it girls, it will be all good in the end.
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female

PostSubject: Re: I'm having a BAD day :(   I'm having a BAD day :( EmptyWed 04 Aug 2010, 11:42 am

Lots of early nights help too!! And heaps and heaps of water. I spent so much time peeing and repeating the mantra "Peeing out the fat, peeing out the fat!"
Back to top Go down
melpaulned
Part of the furniture
melpaulned

Female
Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: I'm having a BAD day :(   I'm having a BAD day :( EmptyWed 04 Aug 2010, 11:33 am

oh me too (puts hand up)
i'm on day 9 and i really struggled today - i've been going fine but this day sucked

i have eaten so much baked onion it's not funny LOL
it goes crisp so it's kinda like chips (well not really but it does the trick) and it's also nice and 'croutonish' in the soup

hang in there and you're not alone
mel
Back to top Go down
NQGIRL *Jan
NQGIRL *Jan

Female

PostSubject: Re: I'm having a BAD day :(   I'm having a BAD day :( EmptyWed 04 Aug 2010, 11:30 am

Thanks Nat I'm having a BAD day :( 618285
Yes - lets do it together..
First Day & second day were fine - (From my Diary)
First day or Optifast - or should I say Celebrity Slim.
I was told by my dietician that I am allowed to have my morning coffee (which I did) and I normally have my breakfast/brunch as work on my smoko. (Something I have done for years - so a little hard to change.)
I took my Coffee Opti to work but realised I had left my mixer cup at home - so off to the chemist I go. The girl there was lovely, but because it's "their" brand she showed me Celebrity Slim and the flavours blew me away. There is Banana, Choc Mint, Caramel, Choc Hazelnut - the list goes on and on. Anyway I brought a few but said I would have to ring the dietician to see if it was ok. Camy (my dietician) was happy for me to have it - said the only real difference is the Celebrity Slim has less Zinc in it than the Opti but because I am taking a Multi-vitamin its fine..

Today has just been a struggle. I am allowed a meal at night but it has to be Low carbs - no potatoes or corn or pasta... I know I am lucky to be having that meal when others have to do three meal replacements - but just didn't feel like chicken & vegies again tonight.

I have also had a shocking headache today and have felt nauseous all day. Just feeling off I'm having a BAD day :( 135961

Thanks Lib - that's what I keep telling myself - that it's only three weeks - but that just feels like a life time away at this moment - Positive Thinking Time - tomorrow will be better...

Sorry for bothering everyone - but yeah - just needed a vent..
I'm having a BAD day :( 302927
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female

PostSubject: Re: I'm having a BAD day :(   I'm having a BAD day :( EmptyWed 04 Aug 2010, 11:20 am

In the grand scheme of things 3 weeks is nothing compared to what you'll be like in 12 months. Hang in there do whatever you need to do to get through it, its so very worth it. Use the gallery as your inspiration when you are having low moments. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: I'm having a BAD day :(   I'm having a BAD day :( EmptyWed 04 Aug 2010, 11:14 am

Jan, I am also on day 3 and I have 3 weeks to go to.

I will do this with you.

Im sitting here hugging you.

We CAN do this.

How were your first two days?

What have you eaten today? Feel free to PM me anytime.

~ Nat ~
Back to top Go down
NQGIRL *Jan
NQGIRL *Jan

Female

PostSubject: I'm having a BAD day :(   I'm having a BAD day :( EmptyWed 04 Aug 2010, 11:12 am

I'm having a BAD day :( 697586
Three days into the Pre op diet and I want to give up. Have never been good at dieting before hence why I need to have the sleeve. The tears have been flowing already tonight..
I read on here last night - one person being bigger than me - and they didn't have to do the pre op diet - can't get that out of my mind at the moment - I suppose we are all different..
I have lost about 1.5 kilos but figure that must be water. Need to figure a way to get through the next three weeks.
I need a drink Boggled
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm having a BAD day :(   I'm having a BAD day :( Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm having a BAD day :(
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: