Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I've just had the band removed.. 7 weeks until the sleeve op :-)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TexasBell
Part of the furniture
TexasBell

Female
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2009-11-05

I've just had the band removed.. 7 weeks until the sleeve op :-)  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I've just had the band removed.. 7 weeks until the sleeve op :-)    I've just had the band removed.. 7 weeks until the sleeve op :-)  EmptySun 25 Jul 2010, 6:39 am

Hi & welcome, living with a band can become just so unhealthy, no meat, no bread, no fruit, no salads. Plus the worry of when and where you will have to vomit, just so awful. You will be so much happier with the sleeve, well I am! Good luck
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
pjluton
pjluton

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-07-22

PostSubject: Re: I've just had the band removed.. 7 weeks until the sleeve op :-)    I've just had the band removed.. 7 weeks until the sleeve op :-)  EmptySun 25 Jul 2010, 2:15 am

Thank you guys for the warm welcome.. :-)

One question that is on my mind is.. does the sleeve reduce your appetite ?? I am really hoping so.. the band never did..

Thank you. .I look forward to looking at all the things you have suggested Carrie..

happy Sunday

PJ
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: I've just had the band removed.. 7 weeks until the sleeve op :-)    I've just had the band removed.. 7 weeks until the sleeve op :-)  EmptySun 25 Jul 2010, 12:43 am

Hi PJ....

Glad to meet you and welcome to the site....there are quite a few ex-bandits on here and I am sure you will find others who recognise your story. Good luck over the next seven weeks and will look forward to seeing you safely on the other side....

S
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: I've just had the band removed.. 7 weeks until the sleeve op :-)    I've just had the band removed.. 7 weeks until the sleeve op :-)  EmptySat 24 Jul 2010, 11:31 pm

Hi PJ,

Welcome to the site and congratulations on your decision to have a sleeve op. I had mine in Feb this year and, although I still have a way to go, am very very happy with how it is going so far.

Have a good look around the site, here's some links to get you started: The Diaries , Pre-op & Post-op sections should all be helpful. Along with the September Sleevers section where you'll find other of members who are at the same stage as you. There is also a new section for questions about going from Band to Sleeve.

Have a read of the Welcome to Newbies section too, it will give you an idea of how the site works.

If you can't find answers to your questions, ask away :-) there is sure to be someone about to to their best to help and support you.

It's lovely to meet you, and I look forward to talking to you more around the site.

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
pjluton
pjluton

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-07-22

PostSubject: I've just had the band removed.. 7 weeks until the sleeve op :-)    I've just had the band removed.. 7 weeks until the sleeve op :-)  EmptySat 24 Jul 2010, 6:57 pm

Hello Everyone

I am very happy to have found this web site..

Well I am living in NZ.. but am actually from the UK....

I had my lap band about 3.5 years ago.. and from day one I was dissapointed. Its so hard to find the perfect feeling and to gain adequate restriction. I have a good few fills and doctors filled it to the brim and that was that I was told.. it had 7.5mls and I could still eat white bread. I had some restriction but not enough. I found that junk food slipped down so well but a bit of decent food would sit around for a bit until I threw it up. The doctor said sorry but there wasn't nothing more he could do.. :-(

All by itself the band started working and filled itself up with fluid of its own accord.. (weird) and i spent 6 months rapidly losing weight. Of course i lost hair too and become pretty poorly.. it was crazy.. I couldn't lie down at night with even a teaspoon of water in me because it just came back up. But I was still glad (in that crazy obese way) that the fat was coming off.

After losing about 35kgs I had the surgery of my life at Christmas.. a tum tuc and breast reduction.. oh wow.. it was hard going but well worth it. The new me feels so comfy.. !! and boy small bras are soo cheap :-) ... But alas.. the band continued to be a pain. I was very poorly after the op and had the band fully emptied.. and then the journey begun (again) of filling the band and hoping i would find the perfect fill (no such thing in my experience but you have to try)..

I had the wedding of my dreams in April.. I went back to the UK :-) .. and for the first day in my adult life I went without a bra :-) .. oh the freedom ha ha ha ha ..

But alas the weight is creeping back on. The band continued to be a pain... I am worried.. is it my fault ? Have I made the band fail ?? I know i have eaten far too much junk food.. it slipped down easier than a salad ? Salad just came back up.. I threw up far too much.. throwing up with the band is just soooooo easy. :-( .. I tried to eat good food, it got stuck.. well only sometimes .. you just never knew..

So I have now found a v supportive doctor in NZ. and he removed my band 4 days ago........... I am booked in for my sleeve op in September.

I soooooooo hope the Sleeve will be what I am looking for. I feel crazy that I have had soooooo much surgery.. and my poor mortgage is taking a battering as I keep adding to it ;-) ........... its a scary time... I just hope that I will gain control over my eating some day.

With happy thoughts ..... good luck to you all

PJ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've just had the band removed.. 7 weeks until the sleeve op :-)    I've just had the band removed.. 7 weeks until the sleeve op :-)  Empty

Back to top Go down

I've just had the band removed.. 7 weeks until the sleeve op :-)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: