AuthorMessage
realme
Part of the furniture
realme

Female
Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2010-04-20

Did you stop the contraceptive pill? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you stop the contraceptive pill?   Did you stop the contraceptive pill? EmptyFri 27 Aug 2010, 8:39 am

I also have the mirena and its great. After I had my kids my period were getting heavier and heavier and then I got the Mirena and my periods got lighter and lighter until they have eventually stopped. Although I have had an issue in the last couple of weeks where Ive had my period twice in two weeks and they have been quite heavy. They only last one day but they are heavier than before which is abit strange. Has anyone else had this problem?
Back to top Go down
sandy_lou
Part of the furniture
sandy_lou

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Did you stop the contraceptive pill?   Did you stop the contraceptive pill? EmptyThu 26 Aug 2010, 8:57 pm

Old copper IUD's caused heavier periods but the Mirena is a small plastic progesterone filled IUD which stops your periods after a couple of months of spotting, it's brilliant http://www.thewomens.org.au/intrauterinedeviceiud
Back to top Go down
http://gastricsleevesandy.blogspot.com/
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Did you stop the contraceptive pill?   Did you stop the contraceptive pill? EmptyThu 26 Aug 2010, 11:27 am

AzinOZ wrote:
I personally have an IUD so I don't have to worry about these types of concerns, I also don't get my period cuz of it, it's been the next best thing to the sleeve for me :) Maybe worth considering?

I had an IUD many years ago before kids and it never stopped my periods, if anything they were heavier.

steph
Back to top Go down
sandy_lou
Part of the furniture
sandy_lou

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Did you stop the contraceptive pill?   Did you stop the contraceptive pill? EmptyThu 26 Aug 2010, 7:46 am

AzinOZ wrote:
I personally have an IUD so I don't have to worry about these types of concerns, I also don't get my period cuz of it, it's been the next best thing to the sleeve for me :) Maybe worth considering?

The Merina? I had one and it's 5 years was up so I've had it removed, even though my husband has now had a vasectomy, I want to get another one...the no periods is a fabulous side effect.
Back to top Go down
http://gastricsleevesandy.blogspot.com/
issi
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Did you stop the contraceptive pill?   Did you stop the contraceptive pill? EmptyThu 26 Aug 2010, 7:29 am

I had to stop the pill with my lap band erosion... i never started it again because I was told it was dangerous to stay on it with all the surgeries I needed to have. All I have to say about contraception is you might not be that aware your having sex if your given some major drugs after surgery - so make sure your partner understands how important rubbering up is because you may not be of sound mind to remind him if you are still on pain killers when you get busy. And you probably wont remember getting busy if it's too soon after surgery, the drugs can work like date rape drugs, only it's not rape because it's your husband or SO and he doesn't know your not really consciously consenting!
Back to top Go down
AzinOZ
Part of the furniture
AzinOZ

Female
Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2010-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Did you stop the contraceptive pill?   Did you stop the contraceptive pill? EmptyMon 23 Aug 2010, 12:24 am

Back to top Go down
http://meltingawayinoz.blogspot.com/
butterfly girl
Part of the furniture
butterfly girl

Female
Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2010-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Did you stop the contraceptive pill?   Did you stop the contraceptive pill? EmptyTue 13 Jul 2010, 8:43 am

as much as i hate to say it,
as much as i hated doing it,
as much as i say NEVER do it...
i had DEPO 9 weeks ago and will be having one more just before surgery, all my babies are lose a kilo, gain a pregnancy babies, and having lost 10kg, not willing to risk it before surgery.

if and only if we go again, i have to be in a very very healthy place, we have to many angels waiting fro us in heaven to risk an acceident.
Back to top Go down
Tamara
Part of the furniture
Tamara

Female
Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Did you stop the contraceptive pill?   Did you stop the contraceptive pill? EmptyMon 12 Jul 2010, 2:38 am

I didnt, I was never told to.
The surgeon, anaethetist, and nurses all knew that I was taking it - I took it to the hospital with me.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
PiercedMumma08
Top Poster
Top Poster
PiercedMumma08

Female
Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Did you stop the contraceptive pill?   Did you stop the contraceptive pill? EmptySun 11 Jul 2010, 1:05 pm

Hi guys,

Ive just started back on the pill to help my cycles and also so that when I lose weight I wont fall pregnant straight away.

I read somewhere that if im having surgery (i think it was on the little fact sheet thing) that you should stop before major surgery or whatever......

So, did you stop, keep taking it?

Of course I will check with my surgeon I just wanted to hear from others too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did you stop the contraceptive pill?   Did you stop the contraceptive pill? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did you stop the contraceptive pill?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: Guys, Girls & Relationships :: Secret Women's Business-
Jump to: