Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Newbie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie!!!   Newbie!!! EmptyTue 13 Jul 2010, 9:47 pm

Hello CallieAnn and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on your decision to be sleeved.
Good luck with the surgery, it will be the best birthday present ever!
You are going to LOVE your sleeve. Newbie!!! 446871 Newbie!!! 217555 Newbie!!! 542174
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Newbie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie!!!   Newbie!!! EmptyTue 13 Jul 2010, 11:05 am

Good luck CallieAnn and welcome to the site...

I strongly endorse CarrieK's recommendations -- and also Cartay's suggestion that you drop into the July 2010 sleevers monthly thread...there's a great excitement that comes from counting down the days with others who are being sleeved at the same time as you....and equally tremendous treasure to find in reading through the diaries and posts of those who've been through exactly what you are about to!

Often I've discovered answers to questions I didn't realise I had until someone else asked them :)

Good luck with the countdown to your surgery

S
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Newbie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie!!!   Newbie!!! EmptySat 10 Jul 2010, 12:04 am

Hi CallieAnn,

Welcome to the site, and congratulations on your decision to have your sleeve op. I had mine in Feb this year and am very happy with it. I've still got a long way to go but am already much healthier and happier.

Have a good look around the site, here's some links to get you started: The Diaries ,
Pre-op & Post-op sections should all be helpful. Along with the July Sleevers section that Cartay recommended.

Have a read of the Welcome to Newbies section too, it will give you an idea of how the site works.

If you can't find answers to your questions, ask away, there is sure to be someone who can help.

There are a few members from the US who may be able to recommend specific vitamins or protein powders that are available to you, however I've found that protein powders are very individual. I've brought some that others have thought were nice, or even tasteless... and I thought they were yuck. I've seen different members either rubbishing or raving about the same ones. I've found a couple that I like now, but it was trial and error. These two threads have some good basic info on what type to look for: Protein Thread 1 & Protein Thread 2

Good luck CallieAnn, the 22nd is going to be here before you know it.

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
cartay
Part of the furniture
cartay

Female
Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Newbie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie!!!   Newbie!!! EmptyFri 09 Jul 2010, 11:19 pm

Hi Callie and welcome to the site. I hope that you find lots of information and inspiration while you're here. Feel free to come and check out or July Sleevers thread (in the monthly section) - there are heaps of us being sleeved in July now, and it's lovely to wait out the time with others who know what you're going through.
Just a side note: my surgery is scheduled for the 16th July - exactly one week before my 29th birthday ... best birthday present I could ever give myself!
Carah x
Back to top Go down
callieann0821

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-07-09

Newbie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Newbie!!!   Newbie!!! EmptyFri 09 Jul 2010, 4:25 pm

Hi all, I am 27 yo and will be having my gastric sleeve on the 22nd of July. I am nervous but so excited! The only thing that bites is that my 28th birthday is one month after my surgery!!! Anywho, great b-day present! lol If anyone has any tips I would appreciate that! I would like to know what the best vitamins and protien shakes would be the best and most affordable for me to use! Thank you for your time!

Callie Newbie!!! 21984
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newbie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie!!!   Newbie!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: