SamiB
11 posters
AuthorMessage
LJohn

Male
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-01-16

OMG !! It all makes sense now !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: OMG !! It all makes sense now !!!   OMG !! It all makes sense now !!! EmptyMon 12 Jul 2010, 3:20 am

Just thought I'd add that I experienced something similar to this while trying to sneak in some soft butter chicken / butter chicken sauce within the first 2 months, however after that I never have a problem except for when I eat too fast / much.
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: OMG !! It all makes sense now !!!   OMG !! It all makes sense now !!! EmptyWed 07 Jul 2010, 10:46 am

I'd say the apple juice might have been too sweet?
Back to top Go down
Alipetunia
Alipetunia

Female
Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2010-04-07

PostSubject: Re: OMG !! It all makes sense now !!!   OMG !! It all makes sense now !!! EmptyWed 07 Jul 2010, 7:12 am

Hi there. I'm only 48 hours post op but had the most off putting thing happen yesterday. I felt really good in the morning, so had my first "meal" of apple juice and coffee, and within an hour I was shaking all over, flushed face, feeling very weak. It passed after an hour then happened in the afternoon again. It hasn't happened since. I thought at the time it could be a drug reaction but now wonder about the impact of all that sugar after 3 weeks of opti???
Alison
Back to top Go down
SamiB
Part of the furniture
SamiB

Female
Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2010-02-06

PostSubject: Re: OMG !! It all makes sense now !!!   OMG !! It all makes sense now !!! EmptyWed 07 Jul 2010, 6:44 am

How long did you experience this after surgery red rooter ? I've been told to expect 3 months- is that right ? That's a long haul of misery !!!
Back to top Go down
http://sosamalicious.blogspot.com
redrooter99
Part of the furniture
redrooter99

Female
Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: OMG !! It all makes sense now !!!   OMG !! It all makes sense now !!! EmptyTue 06 Jul 2010, 3:14 pm

I too got these feelings, ut only right after surgery, i dont get them anymore...
Back to top Go down
http://redrooter.blogspot.com/
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: OMG !! It all makes sense now !!!   OMG !! It all makes sense now !!! EmptyTue 06 Jul 2010, 6:57 am

it could be and you may not experence it again or may feel like that for a while when having sugar loaded food on an empty stomach.

usal symptoms are dizzy nausea sweats shakes tiredness weakness. can be one some or all and each can be differwnt levels.

worst thing I ever did was watch a movie at the cinema get caught up with it and my hand kept going into the freckles gawd I nearly had to leave the move I made myself so sick hehehe but now I can have them after a meal no problems.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: OMG !! It all makes sense now !!!   OMG !! It all makes sense now !!! EmptyTue 06 Jul 2010, 6:15 am

protien wont cause these symptoms you need to see if it is reflux or something else.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
SamiB
Part of the furniture
SamiB

Female

PostSubject: Re: OMG !! It all makes sense now !!!   OMG !! It all makes sense now !!! EmptyTue 06 Jul 2010, 5:40 am

Thanks Libby, I'm getting it with protein too though =(. And thanks for replying. Made me feel less like a hypochondriac.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: OMG !! It all makes sense now !!!   OMG !! It all makes sense now !!! EmptyTue 06 Jul 2010, 5:38 am

liquid or more easily disolvable sugar seems the worse offenders. mocha use to do me in. so did icecream. just know for nearly everybody this gets better the more you can eat. those who do adopt a more perfect diet tho do continue to have some issues. this is as I said because our bodies react badley to food that is super concentrated when removed from the diet for a period of time. that period of time depends on the individual. 2 weeks on optifast or liquid diet after surgery is all it takes for some.

the worst examples ever seen in history of this was when the americans liberated concerntration camps in europe they felt such pity for them they feed them their chocolate rations. it is reported to have killed so many. when all they where trying to do was help/ do not worry you can NOT die from this after surgery these where severeley malnutritioned people very ill on the verge of death.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: OMG !! It all makes sense now !!!   OMG !! It all makes sense now !!! EmptyTue 06 Jul 2010, 5:10 am

Sami, I too suffer from the much debated 'dumping' symptoms/syndrome. I had a hot chocolate the other day and came across all queezy, light headed and heart racing. I was wondering what was going on then realised that it must have been the sweet hot chocolate. I have suffered previously with cake or chocolate and just didn' t think about hot chocolate doing the same.
Just take it easy with the sweet stuff.

OMG !! It all makes sense now !!! 217555
Back to top Go down
jen-e
Sponsor
jen-e

Female
Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: OMG !! It all makes sense now !!!   OMG !! It all makes sense now !!! EmptyTue 06 Jul 2010, 2:32 am

Those who have had gastric bypass surgery have had their pyloric valve removed...there is no valve between their stomach pouch & intestine. So food passes more rapidly into the intestines. Sugars & fats are notorious for causing problems.

Sleeve gastrectomies dont have this valve removed hence it still controls emptying of stomach contents into the intestines just the same as having a whole stomach.

The term 'dumping' is related to gastric bypass surgery only.

Having said this, some sleevers do experience symptoms similar to dumping symptoms. Mainly from sugar, occasionally from fat. But technically it is not dumping.

Take care with amount of sugar & fat you are having & re-introduce them bit by bit.

Good luck Sami.

Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: OMG !! It all makes sense now !!!   OMG !! It all makes sense now !!! EmptyMon 05 Jul 2010, 3:48 am

This info I found under Gastric by-pass surgery...........

A condition known as "dumping syndrome" can occur as the result of rapid emptying of stomach contents into the small intestine. This is sometimes triggered when too much sugar, high-fat foods or large amounts of food are consumed. While generally not considered to be a serious risk to your health, the results can be extremely unpleasant and can include nausea, weakness, sweating, faintness and, on occasion, diarrhea after eating. Some patients are unable to eat any form of sweets after surgery.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: OMG !! It all makes sense now !!!   OMG !! It all makes sense now !!! EmptyMon 05 Jul 2010, 3:27 am

you cant get dumping nobody replaced the valave in your stomach. but having said that you can get symptoms that are very close. this happens just the same if you had any other restrictive diet such as atkins and then reintroduce those foods back into your diet. some people are far more suseptable to it than others.

the what to do until you can eat more limit high sugar and for some high fat foods. because of the limited amount of food that can fit right after surgery it is just far to concentrated hits of sugar or fat. as you are able to eat more you will be able to slowely add back small bits of these foods after eating other foods, this will progress. I still cant eat something like lolly snakes makes me feel vile. yet I can eat peanut m%m no problem. less sugar hit mixed with something else.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: OMG !! It all makes sense now !!!   OMG !! It all makes sense now !!! EmptyMon 05 Jul 2010, 3:23 am

Okay, there's some debate about whether what we experience is actually the same as the dumping syndrome that is mentioned for bypass surgeries.
However some of us have experienced similar symptoms, usually related to too much sugar and/or too much fat at once.
My own experience was mostly related to sugar, and felt like what you have experienced. But mine only lasted for the first few months, and once I figured out what was causing it, I was able to avoid the causes. These days if I have too much sugar at once I can feel a little sick in the stomach, but that's about all - and "too much" is a lot more than it used to be in those first few months!
So just try to figure out what it is that's upsetting you, and either avoid it for a while or just cut down on the quantities.
Good luck with it.
Back to top Go down
SamiB
Part of the furniture
SamiB

Female

PostSubject: Re: OMG !! It all makes sense now !!!   OMG !! It all makes sense now !!! EmptyMon 05 Jul 2010, 3:19 am

In some of the posts I've read they do but it's rare
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: OMG !! It all makes sense now !!!   OMG !! It all makes sense now !!! EmptyMon 05 Jul 2010, 3:12 am

As far as I was aware sleevers don't get dumpin OMG !! It all makes sense now !!! 697586

Back to top Go down
SamiB
Part of the furniture
SamiB

Female

PostSubject: OMG !! It all makes sense now !!!   OMG !! It all makes sense now !!! EmptyMon 05 Jul 2010, 2:54 am

After reading some other peoples posts I've discovered that my nausea etc is dumping ! I get faint, dizzy, nauseous, the sweats and nausea and I have to lay down to recover. What the devil is this and how long will it last ?? I'm going crazy !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OMG !! It all makes sense now !!!   OMG !! It all makes sense now !!! Empty

Back to top Go down

OMG !! It all makes sense now !!!
Page 1 of 1