AuthorMessage
bubbles
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2010-07-21

Hospital Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hospital Time   Hospital Time EmptyTue 15 Feb 2011, 12:56 am

I was in for two nights and was ready to go home as I had not slept at all for those two nights. No drain either which was good.

As others have said, it is very dependent on you and your surgeon.
Back to top Go down
Gussam
Gussam

Female
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2010-11-29

Hospital Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hospital Time   Hospital Time EmptySun 13 Feb 2011, 9:42 am

I am a sook and stayed 5 nights in hospital.
I had a drain and I admit I hated it - but I am glad that all that muck came out of me rather than my body try and deal with it as well as recovering from surgery.

The removal was fine - though I cried the whole time it was happening...Yes I am prone to this type of carry on.

My recovery from surgery has been amazing and I think it is due to me having the extra time to heal - mentally and physically!!

4 weeks post op - I am eating what ever I want with no issues. I was actually eating semi solid food 2 weeks out from surgery.
Back to top Go down
LeDiva
LeDiva

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Hospital Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hospital Time   Hospital Time EmptySun 13 Feb 2011, 9:15 am

Hi there,
Im am currently 4 days post op. I was admitted on Wed and went home Friday morning - so 2 nights in total. 2 weeks leading up to the surgery I took 2 x centrum mulitvitamins per day , 1x vitamin C 500mg, B12 dots and Metamucil. So recovered quite quickly. When I had my gall bladder removed 4 yrs ago I was in hospital for 8 days and felt like shit. I did not take any extra vitamins and supplements - hence the reason why I didnt recover as quickly.
Back to top Go down
DancingOnTheInside
Part of the furniture
DancingOnTheInside

Female
Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2010-04-03

Hospital Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hospital Time   Hospital Time EmptySat 03 Jul 2010, 1:04 pm

tarnz wrote:
Hi Bela

Try not to freak out as you can see just from the responses here everyone is different.
I stayed only one night in hospital went in the morning and discharged the following morning.
No drains for me.

Some people freaked out that I was only in for one night but it was what was right for ME and Im sure your surgeon will do what is right for YOU because that is what it is all about : )

Tarnz

I couldn't have put it better than Tarnz!

We are all individuals. The Diaries are a great area to get a feel of what the hospital experience is like for those who have experienced the sleeving process. The actuality v. the theory is hugely different. Your surgeon and hospital will do what is right for you - there's no set formula. Three people being sleeved on the same day by the same surgeon in the same hospital will have three unique requirements and experiences.

x
Doti
Back to top Go down
Buck

Male
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2010-03-20

Hospital Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hospital Time   Hospital Time EmptySat 03 Jul 2010, 8:08 am

I am young as well .......oh well a young 43 year old anyhow

i was in 2 nights.....the doctor told me to stay in 2 nights but i was right to leave after 1 night
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

Hospital Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hospital Time   Hospital Time EmptySat 03 Jul 2010, 5:11 am

I was in for 3 nights, doctor said I could stay for 1 more because i had been sick with vomiting/nausea and hadnt progressed from broth etc as quick as theyd like me to have,but i said id be fine and went home.
generally my doc (DR harrison) doesnt use drains
My hospital experience was fine except for being sick!
Hospital Time 63412
Back to top Go down
cartay
Part of the furniture
cartay

Female
Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2010-05-22

Hospital Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hospital Time   Hospital Time EmptySat 03 Jul 2010, 4:26 am

My surgeon advises a stay of two nights, however I have heard that the hospital that I am going to is happy to extend to three (or more, if necessary) if you don't feel ready to leave yet.
Being younger and without any other underlying health issues should mean a relatively uncomplicated surgery and short(ish) stay, but everyone patient and surgeon is so individual.
Just in case I've organised for my daughter to stay with the in-laws for 5 nights.
Carah x
Back to top Go down
colli71
Part of the furniture
colli71

Female
Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Hospital Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hospital Time   Hospital Time EmptySat 03 Jul 2010, 1:03 am

I was in for 3 nights, but felt ready to go home after the 2nd Hospital Time 65317 .
Back to top Go down
tarnz
Part of the furniture
tarnz

Female
Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-10-20

Hospital Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hospital Time   Hospital Time EmptySat 03 Jul 2010, 12:23 am

Hi Bela

Try not to freak out as you can see just from the responses here everyone is different.
I stayed only one night in hospital went in the morning and discharged the following morning.
No drains for me.

Some people freaked out that I was only in for one night but it was what was right for ME and Im sure your surgeon will do what is right for YOU because that is what it is all about : )

Tarnz

Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

Hospital Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hospital Time   Hospital Time EmptyFri 02 Jul 2010, 8:34 pm

Some in the US go home that day! My doc is conservative and said 4 nights in. Apparently there are 2 drains, as per ssjad who used the same surgeon last month. Payback for the hundreds of drains I've yanked out of people in my time after telling them it would be "uncomfortable" but shouldn't hurt...guess I'll find out haha.
Back to top Go down
jen-e
Sponsor
jen-e

Female
Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Hospital Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hospital Time   Hospital Time EmptyFri 02 Jul 2010, 8:22 pm

Hi Bela,

It's different for everyone... some people stay in 2 nights, some 4 or 5 nights. It depends how the individual recovers, how well they can tolerate fluids after the op etc. The majority of people with no problems stay 3 nights. I stayed 3 nights & was very ready to go home.

I woke up with a drain, after asking my Dr if he tended to use them & he said 'not usually'. So that was a surprise. He told me it was because I had previously had a gastric band, surgery took a little longer than he expected and there was a bit more internal ooze than with a straight forward op. However it didn't drain much and was removed the next day. It didn't hurt at all. I guess it depends on the Dr & his preference.

Scary & exciting times before your op but dont freak out too much... it's all good.

Back to top Go down
Bela
Bela

Female
Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2010-03-05

Hospital Time Empty
PostSubject: Hospital Time   Hospital Time EmptyFri 02 Jul 2010, 8:09 pm

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering how long everyone stayed in hospital for?

The doctor has told me that I should expect to be in hospital for 2 days but I have spoken to a friend whose a nurse and she told me that everyone she has watched has been in hospital for 5 days or longer.

I'm young and the doctor said I have a good stomach so there should be no complications. Also the women woke up with drains in them, has anyone had that?

FREAKIN OUT

Lieza Bela Nuts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hospital Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hospital Time   Hospital Time Empty

Back to top Go down

Hospital Time
Page 1 of 1