12 posters
AuthorMessage
milko-fats
milko-fats

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Today Tonight/A Current Affair Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today Tonight/A Current Affair   Today Tonight/A Current Affair EmptyTue 06 Jul 2010, 2:19 am

I just rang today Tonight, they feel the segment was only in Perth & its not on the web at all. What a shame as I would have loved to see it. At least I can stop searching now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crossstitchgraphs.com
realme
Part of the furniture
realme

Female
Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Today Tonight/A Current Affair   Today Tonight/A Current Affair EmptyMon 05 Jul 2010, 2:23 pm

I love watching it all. I turn my family's stomach watching Greys, Private Practice and RPA!!!
I reckon I missed my calling as a Dr hahaha
Back to top Go down
fatnomore
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Today Tonight/A Current Affair   Today Tonight/A Current Affair EmptyMon 05 Jul 2010, 3:51 am

I can watch any op but I can't watch dislocations at all..they make me weak at the knees...
Back to top Go down
milko-fats
milko-fats

Female

PostSubject: Re: Today Tonight/A Current Affair   Today Tonight/A Current Affair EmptyMon 05 Jul 2010, 2:56 am

Any op that I have had I have asked could they film it for me as I would enjoy watching it, lol

They have never filmed yet for me, shucks
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Today Tonight/A Current Affair   Today Tonight/A Current Affair EmptyMon 05 Jul 2010, 2:54 am

Lol - I'm with you Lib. I work with people completely mangled at times, and people's brains hanging out etc doesn't bother me. There is NO WAY I'd watch the op! Even looking at my own stab wounds makes my knees wobbly. Bizarre!
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Today Tonight/A Current Affair   Today Tonight/A Current Affair EmptySun 04 Jul 2010, 11:17 pm

Its weird because normally stuff like that doesn't bother me.I am a funeral director so I have seen some pretty graphic things, but I just don't want to know what they did to me :P
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Today Tonight/A Current Affair   Today Tonight/A Current Affair EmptySun 04 Jul 2010, 12:55 pm

LOL, I'm like you Lib. I've almost watched a couple of times but chickened out at the last moment.
I'm happy with the results, I don't want to know the gory details. Hopeless I know, but I can't watch surgery on TV either :-)

Carrie

Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Today Tonight/A Current Affair   Today Tonight/A Current Affair EmptySun 04 Jul 2010, 11:36 am

I still can't bring myself to watch the op!
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Today Tonight/A Current Affair   Today Tonight/A Current Affair EmptySun 04 Jul 2010, 11:23 am

im with you Milko-Fats love watching ops i once dated a guy that couldnt have a general op and got to watch his own ankle being operated on he reckoned it was cool but didnt like the pain after lol
Back to top Go down
milko-fats
milko-fats

Female

PostSubject: Re: Today Tonight/A Current Affair   Today Tonight/A Current Affair EmptySun 04 Jul 2010, 11:10 am

I am the opposite, I love looking at operations & births etc. There is many on youtube of Sleeve & Lap, & plzd to see the one being performed by the Dr that is operating on me.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Today Tonight/A Current Affair   Today Tonight/A Current Affair EmptySun 04 Jul 2010, 11:07 am

watching the surgery just before made feel a bit off. It is like watching births or csections while pregant they are really horrible yet never worried me any other time hehehe I remember getting showing a video of a csection of twins being born and thought I was going to throw up all over the place when I was about 30 weeks pregnant with mine. Mega wimp I was hehehe Yet I am super claustraphobic so had no screen for my own csection a few weeks later.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
cartay
Part of the furniture
cartay

Female
Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Today Tonight/A Current Affair   Today Tonight/A Current Affair EmptySun 04 Jul 2010, 11:02 am

Cuddly Kat wrote:

Cartay - its best to leave TV and newspapers alone this close to your surgery, I opened the paper the day before mine and there was this article about "Band Horror Stories". The Dr came and checked on me before the op and joked about it - did you see that beat up in the paper? Not sure this is what you want to hear pre-op. Better to stay focused on all the positive experiences and get you kitchen ready for your post-op liquids etc. Good luck
Today Tonight/A Current Affair 65317

Thanks for the advice Cuddly Kat ... and rest assured that I am very happy with my decision, negative news or not. At this point I'm more concerned about what my Mum has been seeing - don't want a last minute freak out on my hands!! It's funny how any tiny negative thing can be blown out of proportion from those that love us
Today Tonight/A Current Affair 725676
Back to top Go down
Buck

Male
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2010-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Today Tonight/A Current Affair   Today Tonight/A Current Affair EmptySun 04 Jul 2010, 8:02 am

I just watch that youtube video, very interesting, the first time i have ever seen the op

and to make it more interesting was that it was done by the doctor then done my op
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
milko-fats
milko-fats

Female

PostSubject: Re: Today Tonight/A Current Affair   Today Tonight/A Current Affair EmptySun 04 Jul 2010, 3:43 am

Just wondering has anyone found the TODAY TONIGHT segment on the net, I'd love to see it.
You know I would not even be turned off if I heard bad yarns as I am having this right or wrong.
Did you see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlL-zJlAPbQ there is sleeve operations on youtube, this one by the Dr I ma having mine with
Back to top Go down
Cuddly Kat
Part of the furniture
Cuddly Kat

Female
Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Today Tonight/A Current Affair   Today Tonight/A Current Affair EmptySun 04 Jul 2010, 3:27 am

It's about bloody time that the Today Tonight / Current Affair's did a piece of sleevers. They've covered bands and bypass several times and unfortunately they tend to only cover it when someone has a complication so they can go the "oh surgery what is the world coming to" angle then bring in one of their experts to bang on about nutrition (no Chlorophyll won't help you lose weight Dr T hmm....)

I'd really like to see them show how the sleeve can change people's lives and improve their health as a positive piece.

Cartay - its best to leave TV and newspapers alone this close to your surgery, I opened the paper the day before mine and there was this article about "Band Horror Stories". The Dr came and checked on me before the op and joked about it - did you see that beat up in the paper? Not sure this is what you want to hear pre-op. Better to stay focused on all the positive experiences and get you kitchen ready for your post-op liquids etc. Good luck
Today Tonight/A Current Affair 65317
Back to top Go down
milko-fats
milko-fats

Female

PostSubject: Re: Today Tonight/A Current Affair   Today Tonight/A Current Affair EmptyFri 02 Jul 2010, 2:27 pm

I missed it on TV, I just looked to see if I could find it on the web, but must not be there yet, if anyone finds it could they let us know as I would love to watch
Back to top Go down
cartay
Part of the furniture
cartay

Female

PostSubject: Re: Today Tonight/A Current Affair   Today Tonight/A Current Affair EmptyFri 02 Jul 2010, 1:09 pm

Many thanks apple.
Just wondered what mum's watching ;) Didn't want to scare her this close to surgery, so good to hear it was positive (all she said was she something on telly about the sleeve).
Carah
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Today Tonight/A Current Affair   Today Tonight/A Current Affair EmptyFri 02 Jul 2010, 12:59 pm

yes today tonight 3 guys lost over 250kg. 2 of them had sleeves. it was a pro sleeve story very positive light. they did not go into lots of detail

applesauce
Back to top Go down
cartay
Part of the furniture
cartay

Female

PostSubject: Today Tonight/A Current Affair   Today Tonight/A Current Affair EmptyFri 02 Jul 2010, 12:54 pm

My mum emailed (from Perth) to tell me that she watched a program (last night I think) on sleeving - she couldn't remember which program it was on. I've had a check on both websites without success. Just wondered if anyone saw it?
Many thanks, Carah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today Tonight/A Current Affair   Today Tonight/A Current Affair Empty

Back to top Go down

Today Tonight/A Current Affair
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: