AuthorMessage
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

I HAVE to EAT!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I HAVE to EAT!!!   I HAVE to EAT!!! EmptyFri 16 Jul 2010, 5:05 am

Definitely head hunger! I haven't been hungry really since I had the sleeve. Beans I had had, but they weren't cutting it. I have been eating cruskits, and they've saved my sanity! I've limited myself to four a day (until I can eat more food, when hopefully I'll cut back on them).
I think my biggest problem now is CRUNCH (hence the Cruskits being so great)!! I never want to eat a mushy food again!!!

And thanks re the dog - he is adorable in nature as well :)
Back to top Go down
shifthappens

Female
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2009-10-28

I HAVE to EAT!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I HAVE to EAT!!!   I HAVE to EAT!!! EmptyThu 15 Jul 2010, 2:58 am

Coming in late to this...

First, adorable doggy. Adorable!

When you were wanting the food, were you hungry? Or was it head hunger? Just that need to have something solid in your mouth.

I thrilled to read that so many can have beans. In my initial orientation so many months ago the dietitian said beans was one of the foods that didn't agree with most people. I'm not sure what she meant. If only gas, then I can just be selective about when I eat it. The dog don't mind. I HAVE to EAT!!! 787760
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female

I HAVE to EAT!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I HAVE to EAT!!!   I HAVE to EAT!!! EmptyFri 02 Jul 2010, 1:06 am

Thanks everyone. I'm feeling much better today. I'll just keep persisting with mushies (without going too far). And I'll go purchase some cruskits today to see if that helps for next time I go nuts.

I HAVE to EAT!!! 217555
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

I HAVE to EAT!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I HAVE to EAT!!!   I HAVE to EAT!!! EmptyThu 01 Jul 2010, 10:31 pm

And also they say that mushies can be mushed up in your mouth - it should be food that COULD BE mushed up with a fork, but then you can just chew chew chew.
Back to top Go down
Cuddly Kat
Part of the furniture
Cuddly Kat

Female
Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-07-14

I HAVE to EAT!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I HAVE to EAT!!!   I HAVE to EAT!!! EmptyThu 01 Jul 2010, 3:39 pm

I mashed baked beans up really well with a fork at that stage, also one to try is mashing up sandwich tuna with a bit of mayo. This is such an individual thing, you'll have to see what works (and stays down!) but if all else fails, you will prob have to stay with liquids for a while longer, don't want to be throwing up (yuk yuk!!!)

Good luck - mushies stage is pretty hard
I HAVE to EAT!!! 217555
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

I HAVE to EAT!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I HAVE to EAT!!!   I HAVE to EAT!!! EmptyThu 01 Jul 2010, 8:58 am

too dry and beaten eggs dont work for quite a few to start. get out some baked beans and mash them try that. one of those tins of chunky soup and mash that and try those.

biggest mistakes people make is not making their food wet enough. they see scrambled eggs or mashed potato and go yes when it is just not wet enough. think casseroles mashed down. soft poached egg mashed up.
applesauce
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

I HAVE to EAT!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I HAVE to EAT!!!   I HAVE to EAT!!! EmptyThu 01 Jul 2010, 8:45 am

From what I remember and have also read eggs are a bit of a no go for a bit. Something to do with how they are cooked. So I steered clear of them just in case.

But the crackers and cheese should of been alright. If you ate them too fast or had too many that might of caused problems. Did you drink anything afterwards cause that can do it as well.

Hope things get better. Back to sucking the Shite out of everything. lol I HAVE to EAT!!! 314562
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female

I HAVE to EAT!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I HAVE to EAT!!!   I HAVE to EAT!!! EmptyThu 01 Jul 2010, 8:43 am

The first night was a couple of crackers with dip and soft brie (see - told you I was naughty!). The second night I had just the egg from a very custardy-type quiche. I don't eat meat so won't be trying those. I knew I was overdoing it when I chucked the two times so pulled back.
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female

I HAVE to EAT!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I HAVE to EAT!!!   I HAVE to EAT!!! EmptyThu 01 Jul 2010, 8:38 am

what did you eat ie beef, lamb, chicken?
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female

I HAVE to EAT!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I HAVE to EAT!!!   I HAVE to EAT!!! EmptyThu 01 Jul 2010, 8:21 am

I was being naughty I HAVE to EAT!!! 81722 I was good through the day, then two night in a row I ate food. Chewed very well, ate slowly, but both times threw it back up. Now I can't even have mushies without it coming back up. Optifast is okay, I've been having Up & Go's. I'm not worried about getting my calories.
I just really miss eating :(
I'm sure I'll wake up tomorrow feeling much better though.
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female

I HAVE to EAT!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I HAVE to EAT!!!   I HAVE to EAT!!! EmptyThu 01 Jul 2010, 8:05 am

Have you tried some yoghurt or even the dreaded optifast. Maybe you just need to go back a step. What were you eating before you started not being able to eat?
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female

I HAVE to EAT!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I HAVE to EAT!!!   I HAVE to EAT!!! EmptyThu 01 Jul 2010, 7:51 am

I can't seem to keep any food down atm. I'm seeing surgeon's nurse tomorrow (not that I think that will help!). Fluids is all that're staying down :(
I so want food! I'm even starting to think about doing ye olde chew and spit, but fear I'd probably swallow as well.
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female

I HAVE to EAT!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I HAVE to EAT!!!   I HAVE to EAT!!! EmptyThu 01 Jul 2010, 7:49 am

Cruskits with cream cheese. Melt in your mouth and taste like real food. Just take them slow and you will be fine
Back to top Go down
sandy_lou
Part of the furniture
sandy_lou

Female
Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2010-02-15

I HAVE to EAT!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I HAVE to EAT!!!   I HAVE to EAT!!! EmptyThu 01 Jul 2010, 7:42 am

Why can't you eat? Maybe some mushie baked beans or a tin of tuna, some soft eggs.
Back to top Go down
http://gastricsleevesandy.blogspot.com/
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female

I HAVE to EAT!!! Empty
PostSubject: I HAVE to EAT!!!   I HAVE to EAT!!! EmptyThu 01 Jul 2010, 7:29 am

Oh, my! I so need to eat some FOOD!!!! Today, this is KILLING me!!
Last night I went to sleep thinking of noodles, and today all I can think about is FOOD!! SOMEONE SAVE ME!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I HAVE to EAT!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I HAVE to EAT!!!   I HAVE to EAT!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

I HAVE to EAT!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: