Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
monica

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-06-28

*******me,you and private health insurence ********* Empty
PostSubject: *******me,you and private health insurence *********   *******me,you and private health insurence ********* EmptyTue 29 Jun 2010, 2:30 am

Hi all
so let me tell you abit about my self im 26 from England. Iv been over here for the last year and have. I have 5 year temporey visa subclass 461.
so anYway i went to the doctors yesturday and he said in kind words have you ever thought about haven weight loss surgery,Off cause i had iv been unhappy with my body for many years,he told me if i buy private health care for a year this would cover the cost of the surgery.
So i came home looked on the internet and was over whelmed with all the health insurence.
I just want single cover and top hospital cover i dont want any extres. which health insurence should i go for. please help any advice would be great
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: *******me,you and private health insurence *********   *******me,you and private health insurence ********* EmptyTue 29 Jun 2010, 2:35 am

Hi Monica,
I have sent you a PM. You can get to it via the "messages" tab at the top of the page
Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: *******me,you and private health insurence *********   *******me,you and private health insurence ********* EmptyTue 29 Jun 2010, 6:30 am

deleted

Last edited by EmilyG on Sun 27 Feb 2011, 6:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
monica

Female

PostSubject: Re: *******me,you and private health insurence *********   *******me,you and private health insurence ********* EmptyTue 29 Jun 2010, 6:35 am

thanks augigi
i went on to the site but found it hard to compare companys.it just gave me a list of companys.it ould cot me so much to ring them all and compare.
who are you with
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: *******me,you and private health insurence *********   *******me,you and private health insurence ********* EmptyTue 29 Jun 2010, 7:50 am

Also be aware that private health insurance may not cover all your costs.
I was out of pocket $5500, but all surgeons and states are different.
Back to top Go down
monica

Female

PostSubject: Re: *******me,you and private health insurence *********   *******me,you and private health insurence ********* EmptyTue 29 Jun 2010, 8:46 am

5500 thats alot.who was you with..
Back to top Go down
Emily
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2010-04-12

PostSubject: Re: *******me,you and private health insurence *********   *******me,you and private health insurence ********* EmptyTue 29 Jun 2010, 6:49 pm

The out of pocket costs depend on more than the fund. Depends mostly on the surgeon and what amount of extra or "gap" fee they charge. Also depends what agreement your fund has with the hospital.

Find a surgeon and ask their office manager which is the best insurance for that surgeon & hospital.

I am with NIB. Cost is ~$65/fortnight for hospital and extras (you may not need extras if you just want cover for this surgery).

My hospital excess is $500.
My surgeon's gap fee is $3400 which includes the anaesthetist and assistant surgeon (I should get back ~$700 from Medicare).
Psych ($82.35 after rebate) and dietician ($20 after rebates) are separate.
Ongoing office visits to surgeon are $20 (after rebate).
Preop bloods & ECG ($192) and CXR ($50) were separate.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: *******me,you and private health insurence *********   *******me,you and private health insurence ********* EmptyTue 29 Jun 2010, 11:49 pm

My ECG and bloodtests were bulk billed, so no cost.
I didn't have psych. or chest x-ray, so no costs there.
My surgeons fee covers me for 2 years post-op care, so no ongoing costs there.

I paid nothing to the hospital.

Costs were surgeon, assistant surgeon and anaesthetist, as you get very little back from Medicare. Assistant surgeon charged $800, I got $80 back from Medicare and $80 from PHI.
I know the anaesthetist was around $1300, I paid $550 out of pocket there. Can't remember the surgeons figures!!
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *******me,you and private health insurence *********   *******me,you and private health insurence ********* Empty

Back to top Go down

*******me,you and private health insurence *********
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Private Health Insurance-
Jump to: