Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What damage can be done by eating on fluid stage?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

What damage can be done by eating on fluid stage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What damage can be done by eating on fluid stage?   What damage can be done by eating on fluid stage? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 7:12 am

I'm in Melbourne too and got a tummy bug today - but you said your stomach has been hurting since you ate, so it may well not be coincidence - especially if you didn't chew it properly as well.
I would suggest that by now you should be trying to get more fluid in, regardless - if it's food that has stuck, perhaps it will get washed down. However I must admit that for me, it usually ended up in having to vomit to dislodge stuck food.
But mapmar's right - go to the doc if you can't drink and the pain doesn't go away.
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: What damage can be done by eating on fluid stage?   What damage can be done by eating on fluid stage? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 5:19 am

possibly coincidence..... but if it continues see your gp or doctor of some sort....
it is probably trying to digest "harder" food.... that is why we need to be on liquids/mushies so that it is easier to digest with a healing stomach....
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: What damage can be done by eating on fluid stage?   What damage can be done by eating on fluid stage? EmptySat 26 Jun 2010, 5:05 am

Well, I'm ten days post op and last night I was very naughty and ate a couple of potato gems and a smidge of egg. Ever since then my stomach has been hurting, and it's not getting better. It's now 2pm the next day and I've only been able to stomach about 20mls of fluid, and haven't even peed yet (although I'm not surprised).
Could I actually have damaged something, or could it just be coincidence that I have a sore tummy still the day after eating?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What damage can be done by eating on fluid stage?   What damage can be done by eating on fluid stage? Empty

Back to top Go down

What damage can be done by eating on fluid stage?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: