shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

Lap Band versus Sleeve Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lap Band versus Sleeve   Lap Band versus Sleeve EmptyFri 18 Jun 2010, 8:06 am

have a read of libby 's diary
Back to top Go down
lisab
Part of the furniture
lisab

Female
Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Lap Band versus Sleeve   Lap Band versus Sleeve EmptyFri 18 Jun 2010, 4:41 am

Hi Jazzy,
Getting my head around how little food you really need was probably the hardest thing for me (even after having the band for 6yrs) but honestly now (7mths out) food has lost its importance to me and I just dont think about it any more. You really do get used to eating small amounts and I find that I am making healthier choices because I can only eat a small amount I tend to avoid junk and want to eat nutritious protein based foods.

Lisab
Back to top Go down
jazzy

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-05-12

PostSubject: Lap band versus sleeve   Lap Band versus Sleeve EmptyFri 18 Jun 2010, 2:13 am

Hi Everyone

I have been lurking around here for a while and just have to say how helpful and informative everyone is. I have a lap band and have started discussions with my surgeon who said he will remove the band and do the sleeve ( Im a bit scared I have to admit). My main concern is how much can you actually eat once sleeved and do you miss the size of your usual meal/snack (hope this question makes sense) or you just dont think about it anymore?

Thanks
Jazzy Lap Band versus Sleeve 697586
Back to top Go down
TexasBell
Part of the furniture
TexasBell

Female
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Lap Band versus Sleeve   Lap Band versus Sleeve EmptyTue 15 Jun 2010, 3:19 am

Hi Huggy, glad you are doing so well already. Lisab your right I did need a hiatus hernia repair, probably from years of vomiting (and thats what it is..not productive burping!!!) and finally ssjad, wishing you the best for tomorrow, lucky you for finding this site and going for the sleeve. Lap Band versus Sleeve 446871
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Lap Band versus Sleeve   Lap Band versus Sleeve EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010, 10:09 am

Hi there. Make sure you have a good read around, especially the diaries. There are many people here who started with a lapband, and most had an horrendous experience. I was due to have a band put in this Thursday, but thanks to Marion, who posted her experiences on the lapband board I found my way here, and am now having a sleeve instead in two days.

Good luck with your decision!
Back to top Go down
lisab
Part of the furniture
lisab

Female
Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Lap Band versus Sleeve   Lap Band versus Sleeve EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010, 9:58 am

Hi Pearly,
I had my band for 6yrs and it was the same as you are going through, it really ruined my health as well. I had the band taken out in August last year and was sleeved on 30th Nov, so far I have lost almost 30kgs and my health has improved greatly so it was well worth having the sleeve done and the sleeve is so much easier to live with than the band (no vomiting, no food type restrictions so much healthier choice of foods). I can now go out and eat a small amount of food with friends without fear of vomiting or it getting stuck.
One thing to mention to your sleeve surgeon is for them to check if you have a hiatus hernia which you can get because of all the vomiting with the band, the good thing is that this is easily fixed during your sleeve surgery.

Good luck with what ever you choose to do,
Lisab
Back to top Go down
Huggy Bear
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Lap Band versus Sleeve   Lap Band versus Sleeve EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010, 9:33 am

Hi Pearly,

I must congratulate you on lasting 7 years with the band (I lasted a grand total of 6 months! It was THAT bad!!! Read my diary if you want the yuckky details).

I second everything that Texas has said, the sleeve is a dream compared to the band so far for me, I'm only 12 days out but I can already tell this is going to be a much different ride and I've already lost over 7kg in 12 days!

I hope your surgeon is able to offer you the sleeve as an alternative to the band - I'm sure you won't regret it,

xxHuggyBear
Back to top Go down
TexasBell
Part of the furniture
TexasBell

Female
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Lap Band versus Sleeve   Lap Band versus Sleeve EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010, 8:06 am

Hi and welcome Pearly, as others have said on this site, thank god the lapband is reversible! I had mine for six years, not very successful and all the problems you are having. I'm very happy with the sleeve it is nothing like the band. Goodluck with you appointment.
Back to top Go down
Pearly

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-06-14

PostSubject: Lap Band versus Sleeve   Lap Band versus Sleeve EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010, 6:01 am

Hi All,
I'm new to this site but has my Lapband nearly seven years ago. Started at 136kg and am now 88kg. Have always had problems with vomiting, often projectile, very frequent burping, and limited in what I can eat greatly. Nearly live on homemade soups. I have just got a referal to Dr Harry Frydenberg for a second opinion. Be happy for comments from anyone who has been on the same journey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lap Band versus Sleeve   Lap Band versus Sleeve Empty

Back to top Go down

Lap Band versus Sleeve
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: From Band To Sleeve-
Jump to: