18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
greekgirl

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-12-09

Weigh in advice..panicked here Empty
PostSubject: same happened for me ...   Weigh in advice..panicked here EmptyWed 16 Jun 2010, 12:51 pm

Hi Kylie

I completely understand how u must be feeling right now. I too went to a certain doctor and dietititian at Murdoch hospital and no matter how much I lost it still wasnt enough. I actually went to my 1st choice of doctor but was trying to get out of it cheaper (silly girl that I am) so decided to stuff around and went to see this one at murdoch hospital. I wasted a good 12 to 18 months and finally realized that I was getting no where with the one at Murdoch and that was the dietititian and doctor( I even took a friend with me to my last appointments with them and even she said the same thing ...ditch em ... which I did.

I am really learning a big lesson in that i should have stayed with my first choice which was Dr Padovan in rocky and cheap is never gonna last. He is the most caring man/doctor/person that you could wish to meet and I would recommend him to anyone.

I have since had the sleeve 4 weeks ago and am doing so well. I do wish you well on your journey and hope you get done soon.
Back to top Go down
TexasBell
Part of the furniture
TexasBell

Female
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in advice..panicked here   Weigh in advice..panicked here EmptyWed 16 Jun 2010, 6:28 am

Sami, 7k in 8 days is massive, don't worry your body is just trying to adjust. As a ex bander I know the worry about failing, and I have had a couple of plateau's now but it does start to move again, you will do fine.
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in advice..panicked here   Weigh in advice..panicked here EmptyWed 16 Jun 2010, 3:37 am

It is not unusual for weight to fluxuate on a daily basis depending on time of the month, fluid retention etc. So don't panic. Just look at the overall weight loss over time, not just daily or even weekly.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
SamiB
Part of the furniture
SamiB

Female
Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2010-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in advice..panicked here   Weigh in advice..panicked here EmptyTue 15 Jun 2010, 12:34 pm

Ok, I'm totally feeling you now. I'm 2 wks out of surgery- lost 7 kg in the first 8 days and have somehow managed to put on 2 in the last few days somewhere ???? WTF ?? Am I going to fail ? Helllllp ! Has this happened with anyone else ?
S Xx
Back to top Go down
http://sosamalicious.blogspot.com
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in advice..panicked here   Weigh in advice..panicked here EmptyTue 15 Jun 2010, 6:03 am

Hi Kylie....

You are doing really really well....I endorse the recommendations to just go fo it...ask for a surgery date to be set and keep doing all the right things that you are and have been doing to get so far.....it really won't take long for this to be over and your countdown to surgery date to be underway...

cheers

S
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in advice..panicked here   Weigh in advice..panicked here EmptyTue 15 Jun 2010, 2:21 am

I should come in here every morning and read yourdiary before I start my day.

I'm getting so slack & unmotivated. I need to take a leaf out of yr book...

Weigh in advice..panicked here 217555
Back to top Go down
Cuddly Kat
Part of the furniture
Cuddly Kat

Female
Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in advice..panicked here   Weigh in advice..panicked here EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010, 6:32 pm

Hi Kylie

Good luck with these unreasonable people. I have been following your journey since you had the long wait for PHI to kick in and I can't believe they're setting such a large target for you pre-op? You've done incredibly AMAZINGLY well to lose 16 kilos already, that is such an achievement. I lost about 6-8 kilos pre-op and I was about 120 kilos when I was sleeved so I'm not sure why are they expecting so much from you?

Please hang in there and we all have our fingers crossed for you that it will go well and you will FINALLY get a sleeve date set! You have been a part of this community for such a long time that its hard to believe you don't already have a sleeve!!

Good luck, triple hugs, Kat
Weigh in advice..panicked here 217555 Weigh in advice..panicked here 217555 Weigh in advice..panicked here 217555
Back to top Go down
Gutless Wonder
Gutless Wonder

Female
Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2009-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in advice..panicked here   Weigh in advice..panicked here EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010, 4:14 pm

Kylie wrote:
Hi,
As some of you may know I have had my surgery delayed until i lose a certain amount of weight.
I hit that weight loss target and I have my dieticians appointment this Friday.
Only problem is TTOM is due on Friday and I always put on 2-3 kilos in the lead up to it.
Have put on a kilo overnight and no I have not cheated one iota.
And no explaining that to my dietician will not work.
I think I should reschedule my appointment to after when the water gain is gone.
Am so sick of this shite!

WOW Kylie, you have already lost 16.9 kilos and they still going to split hairs over that?
I was heavier than you before you lost that weight when I had my surgery and they didn't ask me to loose any prior to surgery.
I'm glad they didn't ask me to loose any because I would have had to tell them, 'um, I can't loose weight, that's why I want my greedy guts removed'
Seriously you have done well. Hope the dietitian is reasonable on Friday.
Back to top Go down
realme
Part of the furniture
realme

Female
Number of posts : 763
Registration date : 2010-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in advice..panicked here   Weigh in advice..panicked here EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010, 2:43 pm

Kylie - the decision to have the operation is hard enough without having to deal with the extra crap of meeting targets and if you have water weight to worry about. When I get sleeved im definitely going for professionalism and a bit of empathy wouldnt go astray. Like I said before, this surgery is a life altering major decision and personally Im going to be shitting myself all the way to when they knock me out so Ill be looking for a team of doctors and nurses who will care and support me through the beginning, middle and end process.
Good luck with it all.
Back to top Go down
cartay
Part of the furniture
cartay

Female
Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in advice..panicked here   Weigh in advice..panicked here EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010, 2:37 pm

Kylie, what a rough journey!! While I completely appreciate your surgeon's viewpoint, I can't help but want to say 'GO GET STUFFED' to that team - you've been working so hard!
I hope that the water weight isn't going to be an issue for you come Friday. You might even surprise yourself. You know that you've been working to the absolute best of your ability, so I am crossing my fingers that it shows on the scales.
Good luck!
Carah x
Back to top Go down
redrooter99
Part of the furniture
redrooter99

Female
Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in advice..panicked here   Weigh in advice..panicked here EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010, 2:03 pm

give em the flick give your money to someone who is nice to you..
Back to top Go down
http://redrooter.blogspot.com/
DancingOnTheInside
Part of the furniture
DancingOnTheInside

Female
Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in advice..panicked here   Weigh in advice..panicked here EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010, 12:26 pm

Kylie - time to tell the surgeon you need to plan now for your surgery date so that your family and work situation can be sorted around that date. You have now complied with everything his team have asked of you, time for him to provide the service you require or go elsewhere.

No-one should have to jump through the additional hoops you are being given and it makes me wild to think that your dietician has such a huge say in your surgery. I would have thought there would be more empathy for you on her part.

x
Doti
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in advice..panicked here   Weigh in advice..panicked here EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010, 12:10 pm

I'm sorry Kylie, I probably haven't been following the full story but I can't believe the dietician is the one who is holding up your surgery. It's not like you are super obese or anything. Is there a greater risk in your surgery than anyone else's? I thought it was up to the surgeon to decide who he will operate on not the dietician.

I would be going back to the surgeon, asking him when you can have a date and getting it sorted. I know they have some regulations as in mine had his dietician and phyic give recommendations as well but I mean geeze louise enough already.

The sooner it is done the sooner you will lose the weight. It's that simple. Let me at em too!!
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in advice..panicked here   Weigh in advice..panicked here EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010, 9:41 am

Keep that attitude Kylie and you will go far.... even if you do have to swap surgeon's..... you give them what for at your appointment,.... they have given you crap for weeks now.... now I think it is your turn.... give it to em!
Back to top Go down
SamiB
Part of the furniture
SamiB

Female
Number of posts : 232
Registration date : 2010-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in advice..panicked here   Weigh in advice..panicked here EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010, 8:49 am

Kylie I've said it before and I've said it again, her attitude is abominable. Would she say to a cancer patient ok, let's set a target diameter for your tumour and THEN we'll give you a date ? No she wouldn't ! Yet they're both considered life saving surgery. I'd tell her eff off and go somewhere that your moneys good enough and you don't have to jump through hoops just to mark your bloody calender !
Back to top Go down
http://sosamalicious.blogspot.com
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female
Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in advice..panicked here   Weigh in advice..panicked here EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010, 6:11 am

This is absolutely ludicrous. I have NEVER heard of such bull@#$% from a surgeon and/or a dietician.
I know you've put in the hard yards and want your sleeve asap but maybe it's worth as has been suggested and finding another surgeon? I'd find it worth it just to tell the originals to shove their sleeve up their freckles. I am absolutely horrified - is all this normal practice for your surgeon?
Back to top Go down
BingoButt

Female
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in advice..panicked here   Weigh in advice..panicked here EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010, 6:09 am

ROFL@SSAJ Wanting to sort out the dietitian..Love it!
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in advice..panicked here   Weigh in advice..panicked here EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010, 4:41 am

Why not just ring up and see if they have a cancellation for next week? If not, then go and see what she says, surely her being a woman she would understand about water retention during TTOM!!!!
Don't stress Kylie.... It will happen, you will get the surgery..... Weigh in advice..panicked here 217555
Back to top Go down
newlife
Part of the furniture
newlife

Female
Number of posts : 1020
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in advice..panicked here   Weigh in advice..panicked here EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010, 4:34 am

Hi Kylie

Try not to stress. Just a suggestion. Have you been keeping a diary of your weight losses since you started opti. perhaps take that with you and explain about TTOM, think it would be so unjust to penalise you because you are retaining fluid for your period. she should understand that, ie gaining kg overnight etc and it is so normal for women to do that.
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in advice..panicked here   Weigh in advice..panicked here EmptyMon 14 Jun 2010, 4:28 am

I know it's late notice and everything, but could you find another surgeon and/or dietician?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weigh in advice..panicked here   Weigh in advice..panicked here Empty

Back to top Go down

Weigh in advice..panicked here
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next