Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

easting slwoly Empty
PostSubject: Re: easting slwoly   easting slwoly EmptySat 23 Aug 2008, 8:14 am

i dont take 40 mins to eat i think the most i took post op was about 20 mins.....Now i would probably say about 10-15 mins
I also have a 30 min lunch break and have had no probs eating talking going to the loo etc in that time.

Nicole
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

easting slwoly Empty
PostSubject: Re: easting slwoly   easting slwoly EmptyFri 22 Aug 2008, 11:17 am

seriously I NEVER ate that slow after about 4 weeks. I eat at a normal pace now except as I stated on another thread if it is a new food and I am having a hard time judging how much will fit. Now if you are male I would say there is a 90% chance you would have to continue to eat slower than what you normaly did as most guys with weight issues are human vacum cleaners. They just do not chew but swollow cows whole *LOL*

Now if you find a faster pace is uncomfortable for you, then stop go to a shake or soup for lunch for another week then try again. Not everybody heals at the same rate, the world doesnt end if you end up 1 or 2 weeks slower than anybody else moving along in what you can or can not eat, how fast you manage to eat something either :)

NOBODY would look at me as tho I was eating strange after about 3 months at a guess. Okay besides leaving food on my plate and beingknown to throw an half finished icecream cone in a rubbish bin. My daughter says WHO does THAT *LOL*

applesauce
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

easting slwoly Empty
PostSubject: Re: easting slwoly   easting slwoly EmptyFri 22 Aug 2008, 10:26 am

Shazza, it gets easier over time. I'm now 8 weeks post op and although I still have to eat slowly, it's much faster than it was a month ago.
But unlike the band, we don't have a bigger stomach for the food to go through to - when it goes in, it goes straight to our tiny tummy and stays there until digested. With a band, you can kind of wash it through to the stomach.
You have to eat slowly at first because your stomach is still healing. I don't know if that's forever though - someone who has been post-op for longer than me might help you there.
Chris
Back to top Go down
shazza73

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-08-18

easting slwoly Empty
PostSubject: easting slwoly   easting slwoly EmptyFri 22 Aug 2008, 9:54 am

Why do you have to eat so slowly , is is because the pouch is so small, there is no band the food should just go into the opening. I think I will hate this . Im starting ti change my mind about all this, I mean 40mins to have 1 cup of soup thats crazy, who has that kind of time. My tea brake at work is only 30mins . Any suggestions??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

easting slwoly Empty
PostSubject: Re: easting slwoly   easting slwoly Empty

Back to top Go down

easting slwoly
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: