AuthorMessage
Gussam
Gussam

Female
Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2010-11-29

Contours ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contours ???   Contours ??? EmptyMon 03 Jan 2011, 11:31 pm

I was doing Contours and managed to tear a ligament in my shoulder.

Just make sure that you get the staff to show you properly how do do all the stations.
And different staff members will show you different techniques on each station as well which can be confusing.
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Contours ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contours ???   Contours ??? EmptyMon 20 Dec 2010, 11:48 am

have PM'd you!
Back to top Go down
butterfly girl
Part of the furniture
butterfly girl

Female
Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2010-05-24

Contours ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contours ???   Contours ??? EmptyMon 20 Dec 2010, 10:46 am

I will be joining in january. plan is free sign up--- apparently usually $165.00 and $65 month.. for a year.

this is for as many personal sessions as i need, and as many visits a week as i need.
Back to top Go down
spoggy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2479
Registration date : 2010-10-01

Contours ??? Empty
PostSubject: Contours   Contours ??? EmptySun 07 Nov 2010, 12:58 am

Does anyone else go to contours? Will be able to go back in about 10 days. Just wondering where you started when you got back.
Back to top Go down
butterfly girl
Part of the furniture
butterfly girl

Female
Number of posts : 412
Registration date : 2010-05-24

Contours ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contours ???   Contours ??? EmptyWed 13 Oct 2010, 2:37 am

Hi mapmar.
are you still going? and are yu still liking it.....
i rang them today and am thinking about it....
with all my issues i can't do cardiac.... and need to tread gentley. but think this would be the best option at this point.
so are you?
do you?
huh?
huh?

lol
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female

Contours ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contours ???   Contours ??? EmptyFri 23 Jul 2010, 5:55 am

I can say I actually enjoy -- well if that is what it is then...hey... contours... just doing the weights and have been 4 times this week.... do 2 rounds and my weights have increased dramatically in the last 4 weeks... even the lady at contours was impressed that I have increased them that much!! Woo hoo!
The weight has not decreased as yet, but I am sure I am building muscle and toning etc, so fingers crossed it will start coming off soon to show that I am actually doing something!!!! but I am not too worried as I am doing exercise properly for the first time in my life really and anything is better than NOTHING!
Back to top Go down
Kazcando
Kazcando

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-01-09

Contours ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contours ???   Contours ??? EmptyWed 16 Jun 2010, 7:26 am

I am joining Figure Factory (ex Zest) in Victoria Park and they have a deal $150 for 3 months.
Kaz
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Contours ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contours ???   Contours ??? EmptySat 12 Jun 2010, 10:42 am

both my other half and 2 teens use the local city of Armadale gym. It is not fancy and it is not snobby and it has great personal trainers who will help you with anything. They redesign their work outs for them at least once a month to each of their needs. It works out at just over $50 for the male of the species and just over $40 for the teens to go. They go at least 5 times a week.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
NutMeg
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 769
Registration date : 2009-12-15

Contours ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contours ???   Contours ??? EmptySat 12 Jun 2010, 10:15 am

Good on you mapmar :) Once you start going and feeling great, you'll always be there!

I second that Peazles. I've recently joined Casey RACE, our local YMCA, and I am absolutely thrilled with it! For $57.40 a month, I get to swim, attend group exercise classes such as yoga, pilates, RPM, Body Step, Balance, Pump (my favourite!), Combat, Aqua aerobics, Deep water running, access to the gym equipment, hydro pool, spa, sauna and steam room too. And I am proud to say that I have tried everything on offer :) I am there about 4-5 days a week and attend about 8 classes a week.

I just handed in the letter from the surgeon to suspend my membership for 6 weeks, and I was quite upset I'll have to give the gym a miss for that long :(
Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female
Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Contours ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contours ???   Contours ??? EmptySat 12 Jun 2010, 10:02 am

I know this thread is about Curves/Contours, but I just wanted to mention: if you're budget conscious, and have a local YMCA, they might be worth a go. I pay $60 per month, and that includes the pool, spa, sauna, gym room and all the classes you want to go to. I think, without a corporate discount, it's about $65. If you have a concession, you can pay less than that.
I find the YMCA fabulous; everyone is friendly and there are all shapes and sizes there.
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female

Contours ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contours ???   Contours ??? EmptySat 12 Jun 2010, 9:18 am

I was looking at curves, thinking there was 2 near me..... one close to work and the other close to home..... then me had a bit of a think and knowing what I am like with that DIRTY WORD......EXERCISE....LOL I decided that I would try the one close to work ie about 1km down the road.... that way I won't have enough time driving there thinking will I go or won't I.... heheheeheh Then I found out it was not curves there but contours.... so rang them up today... $55 per month if you sign up for 12 months or $85 per month if you sign up monthly.... There is a gym in belmont here, but they charge $800 per year.. this works out to be about $660... so good saving and I would have more of a chance getting to curves down the road from work!!! LOL Contours ??? 65317
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

Contours ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contours ???   Contours ??? EmptySat 12 Jun 2010, 9:05 am

My nearest Curves is an hour away....... Contours ??? 369315
No gym here Contours ??? 68366
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Contours ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Contours ???   Contours ??? EmptySat 12 Jun 2010, 8:00 am

Hi Maria,

I tried Contours before settling on Curves. The workouts were very similar, the major difference was Contours had exercise bikes for warming up before the circut and their machines use weights which you adjust to suit. Curves machines use hydraulics and they have more stretching after the workout. I liked the people at Contours a lot and would have joined there, but they were about 45mins away, Curves is 5min away and I thought that would make it more likely that I would keep going regularly.

When I went they gave me a 1 week free trial to see how I liked it, I'm pretty sure that is standard. If you can get that too, give it a try to see if you enjoy it and like the people before you sign up.

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female

Contours ??? Empty
PostSubject: Contours ???   Contours ??? EmptySat 12 Jun 2010, 5:50 am