shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female
Number of posts : 1776
Registration date : 2009-11-21

complications with the sleeve - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: complications with the sleeve   complications with the sleeve - Page 2 EmptySun 30 May 2010, 11:45 am

First topic message reminder :

this thread -
for members to share thier sleeve complication experiences
cheers
shelly
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster

Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: complications with the sleeve   complications with the sleeve - Page 2 EmptyThu 03 Jun 2010, 9:35 am

having to eat huge amounts of food is no diabetic diet I have ever heard of. my blood sugars where never better than when on optifast, okay i felt like crap for a couple of weeks. but it is I was not stupid I KNEW it was my body lying to me trying to get itself a feed. We are the size we are for a lots of reasons and lots of excuses to keep eating far more than is ever needed. It really is a surpise how much you realy need.

I am yet to meet somebody who is obese whose diabetese was NOT controled 100% by dramatic weight loss. Now it is different when we are talking diabetics who are not obese and developed diabetese when again not obese. diet plays a far far more important role in controling the desease.

Post sleeve as long as you dont sit there eating nothing but marshmellows for breakfast lunch and dinner you can pretty much eat what you want and your blood sugars come under control. Obese diabetics blood sugars scream because of the shear volume of crap they can consume. not the actual crap they consume.

As for hypos only tose on insuline have to worry about that, and you MUST be very vigilant with the new diet adjusting that until it is usally not used at all .

applesauce
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female

PostSubject: Re: complications with the sleeve   complications with the sleeve - Page 2 EmptyThu 03 Jun 2010, 8:56 am

thanks jen-e for giving those names for everyone.It is hard to read through so many diaries to find this kind of info,so a member suggested this thread as quick and easy access to this question.Hopefully those people mentioned will pop in here and add to this thread.
Back to top Go down
jen-e
Sponsor
jen-e

Female
Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2010-03-02

PostSubject: Re: complications with the sleeve   complications with the sleeve - Page 2 EmptyThu 03 Jun 2010, 5:33 am

Ozzieloz,

In regards to complications from the sleev and not surgery generally read the diaries. There aren't many complications.
Yesnomaybe's diary...she is recovering from a leak
Tinkerbell has had probs drinking & has had a stretch so is now fine.See April 2010 sleevers monthly.
Lib had problems with eating
There are diabetics and ex diabetics here. George & Erin in the April 2010 sleevers monthly might be able to answer some of your questions re that.

People with chronic gastric ulcers and stomach cancer have been having this type of surgery for many many years and lead happy, healthy, slim lives.

I had my band removed in March. Sleeved 10 days ago. I am so happy with the result already.

Jen
Back to top Go down
Ozzieloz
Part of the furniture
Ozzieloz

Female
Number of posts : 747
Registration date : 2010-05-28

PostSubject: Re: complications with the sleeve   complications with the sleeve - Page 2 EmptyThu 03 Jun 2010, 3:13 am

Thanks for the honesty on the issues I am considering. I am to have my band removed soon - and am facing stiff opposition in regards to having the sleeve. Reading about complications helps makes a more realistic and informed decision. I am afraid that my mind won't accept the decision, and also the reduction in food intake. I am type 2 diabetic, diet controlled, so want to ensure that I will be able to eat enough to keep the diabetes under control too. Vomiting and pain have riddled my life with the band, so want to avoid that. Is it really possible to live the rest of our lives with this amount of stomach - and what other complications might arise? Hope all of you experienced people can give me honest and descriptive answers - the more I face now the better equipped I will be. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: complications with the sleeve   complications with the sleeve - Page 2 EmptyMon 31 May 2010, 4:44 am

I wouldn't say I had complications as such but I did have a hard time.
I previously had a lapband and had a lot of scar tissue on my stomach from the band which took my stomach longer to recover than most after the sleeve. I was still eating only 4 to 6 teaspoons of food for up to 6 months until the scaring had healed and 'loosened'. I still don't eat as much as others who were done around the same time as me (Im nine months out now) but im not really worried as I am able to eat a little more each week.
I also had MAJOR issues with getting my brain to catch up with my tiny tummy. I often overate and vomited. I think because everyone else was saying how much they could eat and I thought I should be eating the same amount.
My words of wisdom to all the newbies....Go at your own pace and listen to YOUR body not what everyone else is doing at the same time.
Back to top Go down
kaysa9
kaysa9

Female
Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-04-25

PostSubject: Re: complications with the sleeve   complications with the sleeve - Page 2 EmptySun 30 May 2010, 8:53 pm

I had a small infection in one of my wounds, thats all.
Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female
Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: complications with the sleeve   complications with the sleeve - Page 2 EmptySun 30 May 2010, 11:54 am

I really like this thread, it's good to read about the good AND the bad. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
shelly25
Top Poster
Top Poster
shelly25

Female

PostSubject: complications with the sleeve   complications with the sleeve - Page 2 EmptySun 30 May 2010, 11:45 am

this thread -
for members to share thier sleeve complication experiences
cheers
shelly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: complications with the sleeve   complications with the sleeve - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

complications with the sleeve
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: Complications With The Sleeve-
Jump to: