AuthorMessage
CheekyBugger
Part of the furniture
CheekyBugger

Male
Number of posts : 561
Registration date : 2009-05-11

New Possible Sleeve on 16th June??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Possible Sleeve on 16th June???   New Possible Sleeve on 16th June??? EmptySat 05 Jun 2010, 9:34 am

Hi Misty,

I was sleeved 7 months ago - I eat out EVERY night!
of course it is small amounts and healthy food, but I havent cooked in ages - for the amount I would have to spend on groceries and time cooking and washing up - its just not worth it.

But my social life has not diminished one bit, in fact I would say I am no longer ashamed of myself and get joy of going out without being paranoid at who is watching me eat.

We all have our bad weekends, weeks and months before the lead up to surgery - you are normal.

Best of luck - we are all here for you!

Adam
Back to top Go down
misty0107
misty0107

Female
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2010-05-25

PostSubject: Re: New Possible Sleeve on 16th June???   New Possible Sleeve on 16th June??? EmptySat 29 May 2010, 3:14 am

Sometimes it hard to see the positives!!!
Maybe I am just having a negative weekend???
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
misty0107
misty0107

Female

PostSubject: Re: New Possible Sleeve on 16th June???   New Possible Sleeve on 16th June??? EmptySat 29 May 2010, 2:53 am

Thanks Tempest,
After my dinner out this week I was really scared that my social life (not that it is that great) would dissappear altogether. Your post made me realise that I will feel better as a person and as such I will enjoy my outings even if I cant stuff myself with food. I see in the long term that a happy healthier me is what I want. New Possible Sleeve on 16th June??? 63412
Back to top Go down
misty0107
misty0107

Female

PostSubject: Re: New Possible Sleeve on 16th June???   New Possible Sleeve on 16th June??? EmptySat 29 May 2010, 2:50 am

Thanks Diamonds, I join you in the June Sleevers Great! I will be watching for your progress as well.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: New Possible Sleeve on 16th June???   New Possible Sleeve on 16th June??? EmptyFri 28 May 2010, 1:14 pm

Oh Misty,

I have become the Queen of eating out, but only since the surgery. How weird is that ?
Seriously that is the absolutely hysterical thing in all of this LOL. I now go out to eat 2 or 3 times a week and before it was maybe once a month. I now absolutely love going out to eat, mind you can't eat a lot but I miss out on absolutely nothing.

Twice so far this week and then tomorrow night out for a bollywood engagement party. Oh my god Pecora's (I love pecoras).
I have sort of become a food snob now. Oh and the Pecoras with a nice white wine. Can't wait for tomorrow night LOL

I guess that the point I am trying to make is that I have lost 45 kilos, have a fantastic life where I miss out on not one thing. In fact I am getting more out of my life now at 50 than I ever had before. I am so active and alive, just brilliant.

Sorry for going on a bit, it is Friday night and I have been to visit friends for a Friday night debriefing session !!!

Good luck on the Journey and hope to talk to you some more when I get back.
Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
misty0107
misty0107

Female

PostSubject: Re: New Possible Sleeve on 16th June???   New Possible Sleeve on 16th June??? EmptyFri 28 May 2010, 1:35 am

Thanks Gail, by the way I love the laughter text, shows you are enjoying life after being sleeved which is what I want to hear. I usually have a kitten walk over the keyboard, but prefer the laughter text!!!!
I went out to dinner last night and I couldnt help feeling that is this my last supper? Am I going to be able to modify my life so that I can still enjoy social eating. It kind of scared me and made me really worried about what I had signed on for.

I am still committed to the sleeve as my future health depends on it.
Thanks again
Hope to hear from you soon
Blessings
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: New Possible Sleeve on 16th June???   New Possible Sleeve on 16th June??? EmptyFri 28 May 2010, 12:27 am

Hi Misty,

Welcome aboard.
I had my surgery 9 months ago, 2 nights in hospital, no vomiting or real pain. Back at work in a week.

My biggest problem now though is that I just can't seem to get under the 70 kilos...........;ailw3urv goituvn q30t8ygh j

Sorry about that just fell on the keyboard I was laughing so much, what a problem to have hey.

In case you hadn't guessed I love my sleeve.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: New Possible Sleeve on 16th June???   New Possible Sleeve on 16th June??? EmptyThu 27 May 2010, 1:02 am

Hi Misty and welcome...

Hope you get lots of good info at the doctors today -- and as you've already discovered don't hesitate to ask questions or read through our diaries etc...you'll be surprised at how many people say just what you were thinking -- sometimes even before you think it!

cheers

S
Back to top Go down
misty0107
misty0107

Female

PostSubject: Re: New Possible Sleeve on 16th June???   New Possible Sleeve on 16th June??? EmptyWed 26 May 2010, 11:49 am

Thanks Nat, I am hoping the doctors tomorrow and all the fabulous people on this site will help me to convince hubby that sleeve now is the answer.
Blessings
Misty
Back to top Go down
The New Improved Me
Part of the furniture
The New Improved Me

Female
Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: New Possible Sleeve on 16th June???   New Possible Sleeve on 16th June??? EmptyWed 26 May 2010, 11:39 am

Just a warning - it becomes VERY addictive but you will find the answer to all of your questions on here. Good luck tomorrow xxx
Back to top Go down
misty0107
misty0107

Female

PostSubject: Re: New Possible Sleeve on 16th June???   New Possible Sleeve on 16th June??? EmptyWed 26 May 2010, 10:20 am

Hi Nat, thanks for the welcome. I have only been on this site for 2 days and I have learnt so much and am still learning.
Hopefully after my appointment with the Surgeon and Dietician tomorrow I will have more answers but also probably more questions!!!!
Thanks
Misty
Back to top Go down
The New Improved Me
Part of the furniture
The New Improved Me

Female
Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2010-02-04

PostSubject: Re: New Possible Sleeve on 16th June???   New Possible Sleeve on 16th June??? EmptyWed 26 May 2010, 7:48 am

Welcome welcome welcome Misty!!! I am so grateful I found this site and you will find the answer to all your questions somewhere on this site.

My journey began back in january when i decided I wanted some kind of surgery and started my research which led me to this site. Then the long wait for Private health to kick in began. The biggest thing that I've learnt is that for most people you still need to put in the work of making good food choices after surgery to keep the weight falling off. A lot of people that I told thought it was just a quick fix surgery but when you explain that its just a tool and I still need to eat right then they understand a bit better!!!

Good luck with your surgery and make sure you take pics along the way so you can see how far you've come

Nat
xx
Back to top Go down
misty0107
misty0107

Female

PostSubject: Re: New Possible Sleeve on 16th June???   New Possible Sleeve on 16th June??? EmptyWed 26 May 2010, 7:01 am

Cartay, Thanks for the welcome. I just read your story and although I am older than you I still want to keep up with my kids, daughter 14 and son 16. My goal will involve something nice to wear too. I certainly get frustrated with all the mirrors when daughter slips into size 8 jeans!!!
Just need to convince hubby that this is not another wasted effort but a tried and true way for me to lose weight and more importantly KEEP IT OFF!!!!
Back to top Go down
cartay
Part of the furniture
cartay

Female
Number of posts : 433
Registration date : 2010-05-22

PostSubject: Re: New Possible Sleeve on 16th June???   New Possible Sleeve on 16th June??? EmptyWed 26 May 2010, 6:44 am

Hello
Welcome Misty, and congratulations on your decision. This site is certainly a place of constant information, motivation and INSPIRATION!
I went along to see my surgeon last month with the idea of having a band done. I am so thankful now that he suggested a sleeve instead. So many people on this site have struggled with banded life in the past, and seem to be seeing major success with the sleeve.
Good luck for the days, weeks, months and years ahead!
Back to top Go down
misty0107
misty0107

Female

PostSubject: Re: New Possible Sleeve on 16th June???   New Possible Sleeve on 16th June??? EmptyWed 26 May 2010, 3:14 am

Thanks everyone, your comments are inspiring
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: New Possible Sleeve on 16th June???   New Possible Sleeve on 16th June??? EmptyWed 26 May 2010, 2:23 am

Many partners, family, friends are concerned about us having surgery and sometimes surgery 'again'..... For me it was not about not being able to lose weight - I could - when I wanted to, many times, many, many times... but I could not keep it off...... that was the issue for me and am sure, many on this forum. My husband finally realised that it was not losing weight that was the issue but keeping it off, then he was happy for me to have the surgery and supported me 100%.
I felt such relief with the sleeve knowing that I can still eat but can't overeat anymore in one sitting...... I can eat what I like and the choices are endless..... the mental relief is also wonderful... each 1kg that comes off and each piece of clothing that doesn't fit anymore, I KNOW is not going to come back on or fit me ever again! PURE RELIEF!

I LOVE MY SLEEVE!
Back to top Go down
TexasBell
Part of the furniture
TexasBell

Female
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2009-11-05

PostSubject: Re: New Possible Sleeve on 16th June???   New Possible Sleeve on 16th June??? EmptyWed 26 May 2010, 2:00 am

Hi Misty, It seems that there are a lot of ppl that are very unhappy with the lapband and all its problems but it seems to be under reported in the media, mabye because weight & weight loss surgery is such a touchy area. Oh sorry a bit of a rant, but welcome to this great site! I think after our family sees all that we have gone through with the band it is normal for them to think "here we go again, can't you just do it?" New Possible Sleeve on 16th June??? 595690 , well some of my family did but I just told them no I can't, I had researched this op well and needed it. This side of the tracks and best decision ever. Good luck
Back to top Go down
misty0107
misty0107

Female

PostSubject: New Possible Sleeve on 16th June???   New Possible Sleeve on 16th June??? EmptyWed 26 May 2010, 12:45 am

Hi Everyone, I had a band put in about 18mths ago and had it removed 3 months ago as it was agreed that it was placed incorrectly. I had endless problems with the band and wish I had never had it.
I see the surgeon tomorrow and have a date of June 16 for the Gastric Sleeve.
My husband wants me to wait another 12months before I have the sleeve. He says he wants me to see if I can lose weight on my own. I have struggled with weight issues all my life and from what I read here and eleswhere, the Sleeve is certainly the way to go to regain good health and prolong my lifespan. Feeling good about how I look will also be a bonus.
I hope to be able to post my questions and issues to expand my knowledge both before and after the sleeve operation.
Thanks
Misty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Possible Sleeve on 16th June???   New Possible Sleeve on 16th June??? Empty

Back to top Go down

New Possible Sleeve on 16th June???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: