AuthorMessage
nimue
Part of the furniture
nimue

Female
Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2009-10-13

not happy jan!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy jan!!!!   not happy jan!!!! EmptyFri 07 May 2010, 12:01 pm

So true Dark, just think hopefully mid june it will all be over and I will be on th flip side..woohooooo.

You know I've been fretting a bit about my weight ...how can I eat next to nothing and reduce my sugars but not my weight??? think my metabolism stuffed.. anyway I noticed today that my jeans are loose and then it occurred to me that most of my pants have been loose lately, I'm loosing inches not weight, I'm now wishing I had measured myself earlyier as well.

I'm shrinking... not happy jan!!!! 542174
Back to top Go down
darkstar
Part of the furniture
darkstar

Female
Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2010-01-11

not happy jan!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy jan!!!!   not happy jan!!!! EmptyFri 07 May 2010, 10:01 am

Hey Nim,

I know I'm paranoid, but I didn't know I was contagious! Sorry...

Sounds like either way, you'll only get these people out of your hair if you comply. Just focus on the lovely day when you wake up post-op and you'll never have to deal with them again!

Best,

Dark
Back to top Go down
nimue
Part of the furniture
nimue

Female

not happy jan!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy jan!!!!   not happy jan!!!! EmptyFri 07 May 2010, 7:10 am

Dark: wow I really didn't think of that, I just found it offensive to suggest I wasn't doing what I'm meant to, when clearly I am and all she needed to do was ring me and talk to me. So maybe your right, A.C.Exercise..

Apples: being diabetic I am aware of the difference between a finger prick test down occassionaly and the 3 monthly glycated haemoglobin test that I do for My Dr,who forwards a copy to the surgeon. They have all of my blood test results as well as a spreadsheet that I record dailly every time I eat and two hours later, this means pricking myself 8+ times per day, nothing goes in my mouth without me recording my BSL"s (blood sugar levels) when I average out these reults they indicate that I am averaging 6, taking into account the inaccurousy of this method I' m expecting my glycated haemoglobin test to show a truer reading, but still expect my sugars to have dropped radically. The reason I got annoyed was that the surgeon, the GP and the dietician get emailed the spreadsheets every 3-4 weeks. As Dark said I think this is an arse covering exercise, either that or this woman is just on a power trip, making assumptions not only about what I am or am not doing but also about what the surgeon, the GP and the dietician have told me or not told me. She only had to pick up the phone and ask me if she thought I wasn't complying.. So I will be keeping copies of all my correspondence, records and appointments for future refference. I know that sounds parranoid......but I now feel the need to cover my arse.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

not happy jan!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy jan!!!!   not happy jan!!!! EmptyFri 07 May 2010, 4:22 am

I was lucky my surgeon himself rang me to say he couldnt do the surgery because my blood surgars where to high, and I went say what hehehe I had complied just not got my GP to send the latest results on. So when I explained that to my surgeon he was fine and I just had my GP fax him off the new blood results.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
darkstar
Part of the furniture
darkstar

Female

not happy jan!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy jan!!!!   not happy jan!!!! EmptyFri 07 May 2010, 4:08 am

applesauce wrote:
... they have opened your file and seen you OLD blood test results and have NO offical as in from eithr a GP or dietcian update telling them you have #1. got your bloods under controld, shown ONLY though a fasting blood test with a pathologist. #2. a recorded weight loss with either your GP or dietcian.

Aha. Thanks Apple. I think Diafol experienced something like this: he'd lost a heap of weight that wasn't in his "official" file so his surgery date was delayed.

But good luck, Nim.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

not happy jan!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy jan!!!!   not happy jan!!!! EmptyFri 07 May 2010, 3:52 am

Been there done this. the blood sugar level they want is not the one you do yourself, they want you to go to your GP and have a fasting one done. then those results need to be sent to your surgeon. they have opened your file and seen you OLD blood test results and have NO offical as in from eithr a GP or dietcian update telling them you have #1. got your bloods under controld, shown ONLY though a fasting blood test with a pathologist. #2. a recorded weight loss with either your GP or dietcian.

The problem is the people you are using are not updating your surgeon.

As horrible as this sounds surgeons are faced with non compliant patients all the time. I gather weight loss ones are some of the worse. I know people here are commited and do not sere it as an easy fix but trust me there are people out there that see surgery as an easy fix to all their problems. They want the surgery weither they are suitable or not weither they get prepared or not.

It really has to be damn annoying right now for you, but phone the receptionst and ask is it the pathology blood results, the current ones they want and do they want a letter from your dietcian saying your are compliant.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
sssss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2844
Registration date : 2010-03-12

not happy jan!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy jan!!!!   not happy jan!!!! EmptyFri 07 May 2010, 3:49 am

You go girl! It's the injustice of it all that really irks isn't it?

Hope this doesn't continue to be a problem for you....It does allow you to focus on the positives...you are in control of, and managing your health and great job in doing so.

Had an unexpected NSV the other day...was seeing a haematologist and said I'd had the sleeve...and hadn't been very good at looking after my body. He disagreed and said I had clearly taken control of my health in that I was attending to the areas of need, including the sleeve...He was very positive and supportive...and that's what we should all be focussing on...we are taking positive action and the stumbling blocks are annoying empty noise....

S
Back to top Go down
darkstar
Part of the furniture
darkstar

Female

not happy jan!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy jan!!!!   not happy jan!!!! EmptyFri 07 May 2010, 3:39 am

I reckon that the official letters are legalistic arse-covering exercises. It's a way of making sure that you assume responsibility for the risks in a situation where the alleged "support team" (who seem to be very controlling) don't feel like you're under they're control.

If you've got the support of the surgeon, that's what matters at the end of the day. Do your darndest to get to that magic 6 and stay there, and just regard the rest as white noise.

Good luck and cuddle that furbaby for me!

Dark
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

not happy jan!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy jan!!!!   not happy jan!!!! EmptyFri 07 May 2010, 3:31 am

sent you a pm
Back to top Go down
nimue
Part of the furniture
nimue

Female

not happy jan!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy jan!!!!   not happy jan!!!! EmptyFri 07 May 2010, 1:42 am

Yeah I know I 'm doing better than I usually do, and I'm pleased with myself. I get that its her job to keep ont top of the patients, but I get cross about not being listened to, and and her making assumtions about what I know or have done.

My Dr emailed me this morning heres what he said.

"Well done Terri U r doing brilliantly Thanks for the updates They keep me well abreast of things Steve"

this made me feel much better.. now I'm off to craft morning to play with my friends.
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

not happy jan!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy jan!!!!   not happy jan!!!! EmptyFri 07 May 2010, 1:22 am

Hi,
Vent away and write as much down as you want it will make you feel better.

So often getting the approval of the receptionist is almost more important than the doctor which is absolute crap.

Hang tough you ARE doing a fantastic job and I am sure that it will all sort itself out.

Big hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
nimue
Part of the furniture
nimue

Female

not happy jan!!!! Empty
PostSubject: not happy jan!!!!   not happy jan!!!! EmptyFri 07 May 2010, 12:50 am

I am so p.... off at the moment, I recieved a letter from my surgeon with "Sighted but not Signed" typed on it, which I believe was written and sent by his secretary/receptionist.

When I went to Mr T he told me what I needd to do i.e. see the GP/Syke for assessment, see the dietician get some weight off pre surgery ect. I saw there dietician who explained to me what i needed to do pre op and while in hospital and after, weeks 1&2, she gave me all the hand outs with this info. I then at my next app asked Mr T if I copuld see the dietician in Corrigin who (I checked) was well informed about the sleeve op (plus I gave her copies of all my handouts) and he said he didn't mind who I saw but could I keep his dietician updated. When I rang to cancel the next app with their dietician the receptionist reacted immediataley informing me I had to see the dietician, I explained the situation to her and told her I had the Dr's approval.

Since then I have kept a record of my diet and sugars on a daily basis, this involves pricking myself up to 8 times a day (over the past 3 months)and recording what & how much I eat. I have had 2 app with my dietician and sent her dieticitian monthly updates. I had my app with the Gp/syke who approved me for surgery, on the condition that I get my sugars down to 6 (which I believe I have done or am very close to doing, had the blood test Wed should know on mon when I see Mr T again for surgery date) and sent him monthly updates.

Both my Dr and Mr T get monthly updates as well. I had an app with the GP which was a follow up to check on my sugars, which due to unforseen circumstances, I had to cancel when I rang she told me I HAD to see the GP and she would have to cancel my app with Mr T until I had, I had to explain to her that I had already had my assessment and this was only a follow up, she spoke to the GP who said that was fine and he'd call me if he needed to see me. She then gave me a mini lecture on doing what was asked of me and asked me for confirmation from my dietician that I was actually seeing her, which I can tell you I took offence to, but I did it. This happened on the 14 April

Yesterday I reived this letter, dated the 28th April telling me that I needed to be in contact with their dietician to be aware of the periopertative (which I had to look up - means while in hospital and after - which she is assuming hasn,t been done) and then it states that its vitally important that my diabetes is optimally controlled due to risks of complications etc etc followed by "in essence we need to correct the correctables and optimise you for surgery prior to definite surgical management. I would encourage you to be as pro active as possible as regards this, as we all have your safety and optimal outcomes at the top of our prioroties."

The letter was a reprimand, ....for what? I've done everything asked of me I understand the importance of my sugars and my weight loss pre surgery, I am well informed about what is invovled with this surgery (thanks to this wonderful site) and I don't believe the surgeon wrote this, I beleive he accepted it based on her telling him it was neccessary.

I responded with an email listing what I had done and asking "at what point in the process dose she or Mr T think I have not been pro active or aware of the importance of controlling my sugars"

Grrrrr not happy jan!!!! 68366 sorry about the length of this postt, needed to vent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

not happy jan!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: not happy jan!!!!   not happy jan!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

not happy jan!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: