Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

size confusion - am i really that size ?!?!!?!?

Go down 
+7
Carrie
Max
Cuddly Kat
sue
Kylie
Libby
mariat
11 posters
AuthorMessage
redrooter99
Part of the furniture
redrooter99

Female
Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-04-21

size confusion - am i really that size ?!?!!?!? Empty
PostSubject: Re: size confusion - am i really that size ?!?!!?!?   size confusion - am i really that size ?!?!!?!? EmptyWed 28 Apr 2010, 11:10 am

Max my hubby said to me " youve had it now why do u need to go on their all the time" (this site)
if only he knew! size confusion - am i really that size ?!?!!?!? 314562
Back to top Go down
http://redrooter.blogspot.com/
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: size confusion - am i really that size ?!?!!?!?   size confusion - am i really that size ?!?!!?!? EmptyWed 28 Apr 2010, 4:36 am

Triple ditto too :)

I still have a long way to go but I read all of that nodding my lil noggin away!!

My daughter got up me the other day because we walked into Rockmans and I headed to the BeMe section!! She didnt get it...lol and I just kept looking and ended up walking out...the other thing she and hubby have had a dig at me about is that I often turn down nights out with the girlfriends (to nightclubs which I have always hated mind you)...they think because I am smaller I should have all the confidence in the world...trying to explain all this to them had me in tears in the end...they backed right off of course but dont think they will ever understand
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: size confusion - am i really that size ?!?!!?!?   size confusion - am i really that size ?!?!!?!? EmptyWed 28 Apr 2010, 1:40 am

hmmm I wonder how much longer it will take before we realise that this is us now

I automatically go to grab larger size clothing also. I'm always looking in the mirror/window and wondering "who is that person looking back at me" in my head its just not me.

Losing weight is fantastic, the head space is another thing hahaaa
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: size confusion - am i really that size ?!?!!?!?   size confusion - am i really that size ?!?!!?!? EmptyWed 28 Apr 2010, 12:53 am

Ditto ditto ditto.

I keep getting people to take photos, and especially when candid photos are taken, I am amazed that person is me - I look a lot younger now.

My hubby is really naughty - he is always pointing out people in the shops and telling me who I am the same size as or (more likely) smaller than. Very funny.

But my head still hasn't caught up and I still have days when I feel fat. I've put on .6 kg over the last week and that is doing my head in, even though I know it is just because I haven't been drinking enough water.

Maybe it will sort itself out soon.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: size confusion - am i really that size ?!?!!?!?   size confusion - am i really that size ?!?!!?!? EmptyWed 28 Apr 2010, 12:35 am

Hi everyone
Yes, I still have trouble with this, too.
It's very hard when you've been big for a long time to get used to the fact that you're not that big any more - especially when you still like a "fat person" on the inside!
I love buying small clothes, but still find myself heading for the plus sizes occasionally, forgetting that I don't need them any more. Or I find myself looking for the larger sizes on the rack, even though my current size is on the front, staring me in the face.
And I also ask my hubby about other people in the street, and how I compare to them - and am often amazed that he thinks a particular person is the same size as me, or even bigger. No, that can't be right - she's so little! LOL
And then other times I think that I'm smaller than I am - until I see a photo (and of course then I blame the photographer!) - because I feel so much smaller than before.
It's not an easy one, but hopefully, with time, it will become more 'normal' for us.
Of all the problems in life, though, I agree - it's a good one to have!
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: size confusion - am i really that size ?!?!!?!?   size confusion - am i really that size ?!?!!?!? EmptyTue 27 Apr 2010, 1:46 pm

Max wrote:
...My husband keeps asking why I still go to this website, "your thin now what else can you be getting from the website"...
Tell him it's because we need you kiss
Back to top Go down
Max
Part of the furniture
Max

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: size confusion - am i really that size ?!?!!?!?   size confusion - am i really that size ?!?!!?!? EmptyTue 27 Apr 2010, 1:37 pm

I can relate to this too.

Just this morning I said to my son as we were driving "look how skinny that lady is" he replied
"your that skinny" No, I still just can't get it. My brain still doesnt see thin, I iron clothes and think they must belong to someone else. I look at it and go does that really fit me? Yep!
It is just amazing and I agree itr may take some time for me head to catch up to my new body.
My Tummy tuck was a must to help me move on, has made such a huge difference to the rolls on my belly which I have had forever.
Every day is a new experinec of some kind. I still walk through Big W looking at the plus sizes.
A few weeks back when I first started to buy new clothes, I just got all to confused and left buying nothing, My hubby comes with me now, cause I just don;t know what to buy or what looks good. Gee what a problem to have!!!! Oh Well, I guess my brain will sort itself out soon enough.
Being thin is very addictive as someone wrote on this website once, I agree I just love it and now am obsessed with not getting fat ever again. My car which isn't 2 years old yet, I bought for comfort for a big person, now the damn car is too big for me and I want something smaller. My husband keeps asking why I still go to this website, "your thin now what else can you be getting from the website". Oh if he only understood, naturally thin so no he will never understand.

Enjoy the new you
Max
Back to top Go down
Cuddly Kat
Part of the furniture
Cuddly Kat

Female
Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: size confusion - am i really that size ?!?!!?!?   size confusion - am i really that size ?!?!!?!? EmptyTue 27 Apr 2010, 12:26 pm

Can totally relate to this one. I'm still a bit amazed when my clothes do up and I look at my old clothes and think that is such a difference but you don't see it week to week so much.

My husband must think I have my head totally up my *&& cuz I spend a fair bit of time looking at myself in the mirror (which believe me I didn't do pre-op!!) not cuz I think I'm a big spunk people (ha ha..) but because I still can't believe it is me. Its been less than a year since I couldn't fit into airplane seats and stood in Big W buying their size 26 jeans and thinking - well they don't make jeans any bigger, you're in trouble if you put any more weight on. Now I look at my shoulder bones and my little butt and think, who is this person?? I fit into size 16 clothes, I mean the other week I tried on a blouse and it was a size 16 and it was too big. I mean WT...?? I bought it in a size 14 and took it home like it was the crown jewels.

Ok, sorry about that freaky alien abduction story but thats how I see myself. Can understand what you're saying Kylie about it taking a long time to catch up with self perception especially when it has happened relatively quickly. Once again, go the sleeve!!!
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: size confusion - am i really that size ?!?!!?!?   size confusion - am i really that size ?!?!!?!? EmptyTue 27 Apr 2010, 10:56 am

I have a sinilar problem most of the time i just see myself as huge its hard to relate that ive lost this weight and im smaller
wen im out i actually ask whom im with if im as small as someone in the general public and usually the answer is you are no where near that size that woman is so much bigger than you i dont see it its hard to actually get it through my stupid brain amost of the time
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: size confusion - am i really that size ?!?!!?!?   size confusion - am i really that size ?!?!!?!? EmptyTue 27 Apr 2010, 10:25 am

This is one thing that im not struggling with. I love going into shops and trying on normal sized clothes. In fact I have even bought items on special that are too small for me now because I know I will fit in to them soon enough.
But like you said "What a problem to have'.
size confusion - am i really that size ?!?!!?!? 217555
Back to top Go down
mariat
mariat

Female
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-06-30

PostSubject: size confusion - am i really that size ?!?!!?!?   size confusion - am i really that size ?!?!!?!? EmptyTue 27 Apr 2010, 9:45 am

i am having real trouble getting it round my head that i am a lot smaller than i was.
i feel healthier, appreciate the great comments i am getting, and know the weight is coming off - but for some reason i get completely confused with clothes.
why am i still reaching for the plus-sizes in clothes shops ?

the funniest thing is when i am ironing - my old clothes used to take up the whole ironing board wide, now im lucky if they reach half.
wierd - i wear the clothes, wash the clothes, know they fit, but when i iron them im convinced they wont fit !!!!

my head is taking a while to get used to all this........ mind you what a lovely problem to have ha ha. size confusion - am i really that size ?!?!!?!? 697586
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: size confusion - am i really that size ?!?!!?!?   size confusion - am i really that size ?!?!!?!? Empty

Back to top Go down

size confusion - am i really that size ?!?!!?!?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: