AuthorMessage
Cuddly Kat
Part of the furniture
Cuddly Kat

Female
Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-07-14

WLS comparison chart Empty
PostSubject: Re: WLS comparison chart   WLS comparison chart EmptySat 17 Apr 2010, 6:05 am

That was an interesting link.

I'm a little bit worried that sleevers are recommended to consume 800 - 900 calories a day.

I haven't been strictly tracking them but I'm sure I eat more than that.

Maybe that's why my weight has come to a grinding halt 10kg above the BMI I'd hoped for.

Still, it is ALLLLL GOOOOOD!!! I'm still very happy with the results!
WLS comparison chart 63412

ps: How gorgeous is your tracker Tamara! Congratulations on your pregnancy, what an exciting time!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tamara
Part of the furniture
Tamara

Female
Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: WLS comparison chart   WLS comparison chart EmptySat 17 Apr 2010, 2:01 am

That was an interesting read, thanks for the link :)
Back to top Go down
redrooter99
Part of the furniture
redrooter99

Female
Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: WLS comparison chart   WLS comparison chart EmptySat 17 Apr 2010, 12:12 am

That was very interesting..especially this bit about the band...Requires the most effort of all procedures to be successful.
funny that!
Back to top Go down
http://redrooter.blogspot.com/
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: WLS comparison chart   WLS comparison chart EmptyFri 16 Apr 2010, 10:54 pm

Very interesting to read. I am assuming it is American information? Funny that they actually admit that the band says Best for patients who enjoy participating in an exercise program and are more disciplined in following dietary restrictions. Isn't that why we are looking for WLS - coz we can't stick to diets and excersize???
Back to top Go down
Peazles
Part of the furniture
Peazles

Female
Number of posts : 1011
Registration date : 2010-02-14

PostSubject: Re: WLS comparison chart   WLS comparison chart EmptyFri 16 Apr 2010, 12:09 pm

Thanks ssjad, very interesting reading.
Back to top Go down
Eternlslady
Part of the furniture
Eternlslady

Female
Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: WLS comparison chart   WLS comparison chart EmptyFri 16 Apr 2010, 11:54 am

My surgeon used the same sort of chart in his seminar. (But without the DS as he doesn't do them)

I actually agree with applesauce on this one. The chart is great for the bare statistics and info. But there is a world of difference between reading a sleever forum, a bypass forum and a bandit forum.
I read all 3 types for 12 months before deciding definitely the sleeve... not pretty...
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: WLS comparison chart   WLS comparison chart EmptyFri 16 Apr 2010, 11:43 am

comparisions are kewl the reality tho is the suport forums tho. THAT is where the reality of living with each of the surgeries show. Sleever and DS forums read the best by a mile RNY and band forums read like a living nightmare with a handful of oh life is so perfect with this surgery it is all YOUR fault it isnt working posts slaming those who are living a nightmare with a band or RNY.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: WLS comparison chart   WLS comparison chart EmptyFri 16 Apr 2010, 11:23 am

Hey,
Very cool
Back to top Go down
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

PostSubject: WLS comparison chart   WLS comparison chart EmptyFri 16 Apr 2010, 11:17 am

Hey all... in my search for a comparison between RNY and sleeve I found this simple chart with the DS and lapband as well... makes it very easy to see pros and cons of the different types of surgery.

http://www.lapsf.com/weight-loss-surgeries.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WLS comparison chart   WLS comparison chart Empty

Back to top Go down

WLS comparison chart
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: