AuthorMessage
TexasBell
Part of the furniture
TexasBell

Female
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2009-11-05

AHM no longer covering bands.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: AHM no longer covering bands....   AHM no longer covering bands.... EmptyFri 16 Apr 2010, 8:35 am

I think it might be about company takeovers and transition agreements but...like caz I could be wrong! lol

Lucky not to be in the crossfire.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: AHM no longer covering bands....   AHM no longer covering bands.... EmptyFri 16 Apr 2010, 8:25 am

you will find that because of the lapband ALL weight loss surgeries will eventurally move to the top cover for most if not all health funds. This happens with popular and or expensive surgeries.

It will just get far to complicated to move just lapbanding hence all weight loss surgery will move.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: AHM no longer covering bands....   AHM no longer covering bands.... EmptyFri 16 Apr 2010, 6:05 am

My guess would be that the band has too many complications leading to further claims. But I could be wrong.

Interesting!
Back to top Go down
roadtripmama

Female
Number of posts : 183
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: AHM no longer covering bands....   AHM no longer covering bands.... EmptyFri 16 Apr 2010, 5:34 am

Hi whilst not totally relevent to us sleevers, we may know someone who is considering banding.

As from July 1 2010 AHM (australian health management) wont be covering banding for all but those in top cover. Or wont be covering anything beyond their default coverage for intermediate and family covers.

I rang them to check if vertical sleeve gastrectomy was still fully covered and they said yes.

I'm wondering when this will become a restricted procedure, should it become too popular...

Hmmm

Deb
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AHM no longer covering bands....   AHM no longer covering bands.... Empty

Back to top Go down

AHM no longer covering bands....
Page 1 of 1