13 posters
AuthorMessage
TJ
TJ

Female
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-02-07

A questions for the girls.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A questions for the girls....   A questions for the girls.... EmptyMon 12 Apr 2010, 4:29 am

Ok then, so I need to add tampons and pads to the hospital bag when I pack it!! Great!! A questions for the girls.... 68366
Back to top Go down
Cuddly Kat
Part of the furniture
Cuddly Kat

Female
Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: A questions for the girls....   A questions for the girls.... EmptySun 11 Apr 2010, 1:35 pm

Hey there

Yeah, I had a few late periods after surgery, I think having any op can throw your cycle out a bit, but now they've settled back into being regular as clockwork. Not that I like having them, the sooner they disappear the better!!!
A questions for the girls.... 65317
Back to top Go down
ssteph2342
Top Poster
Top Poster
ssteph2342

Female
Number of posts : 1344
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: A questions for the girls....   A questions for the girls.... EmptySun 11 Apr 2010, 10:07 am

I had my period a week before surgery and was glad because I thought I wouldn't have to worry about it for a few more weeks after op, however, I got it again 3 days after surgery. I was concerned and called my surgeon and apparently it's quite normal and often happens.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: A questions for the girls....   A questions for the girls.... EmptySun 11 Apr 2010, 5:16 am

tamayles wrote:
I just can't wait until the day I can have the whole lot taken away!!

Hi Tam,
I had to have a radical hysterectomy in the lead up to getting my sleeve. Although (to my surprise) there were a couple of little emotional issues, I can't tell you how odd and satisfying it was afterwards to go through all my handbags and throw out all my emergency tampons and pads. I don't miss my horrible heavy periods at all.
Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
tamayles
Part of the furniture
tamayles

Female
Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: A questions for the girls....   A questions for the girls.... EmptySun 11 Apr 2010, 4:59 am

I have an Implanon inplant in my arm and that stopped my period (for years)....YAY

However since surgery I've had my period all over the place, straight after surgery (which I thought yeah ok body been under enormous stress, didn't worry about it)....then 2 weeks later and then 3 weeks after that, started to get concerned, then went about 6 weeks with nothing and got them again.

I think it's a combination of the surgery and the weight loss that screws everything up.

I just can't wait until the day I can have the whole lot taken away!!
Back to top Go down
mandy4848
mandy4848

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2010-03-28

PostSubject: Re: A questions for the girls....   A questions for the girls.... EmptySun 11 Apr 2010, 4:15 am

Hi Every one !!
I have a contraception needle every 3 months called depo ( that's the short term) and this stops my periods. WOOOHOOO !!!! Has any one been on this and had the surgery?? how did it effect you?? did they come back or was there still no monthly's?

Amanda
Back to top Go down
allieswans
Part of the furniture
allieswans

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2009-03-29

PostSubject: Re: A questions for the girls....   A questions for the girls.... EmptySun 11 Apr 2010, 2:32 am

I actually had them already when I had surgery, I should have finished them teh day after surgery but they hung around for an etra 5 days. Then they went back to normal.

Since I have lost weight they have been like clockwork. For the previous 5 years they have been not as regular and the 2 years before that I rarely got them - I put that down to the stress of dealing with the death of my dad.
Back to top Go down
tryinhard
tryinhard

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Options; hysterectomy,abulation or implant???   A questions for the girls.... EmptySun 11 Apr 2010, 1:06 am

Confused Yes I too had the joy of having a period 2 days after surgery and a hell of a one at that. mine too have been so bad I cant go out or to work because its uncontainable. My Dr put me on YAZ which took the cramps away but I spotted everyday in between so she then put me on Ralovera at the same time to stop the bleeding.I started having cramps all over my body, I'd yawn and get a cramp in my tongue (ooch). I stopped taking the Ralovera and the cramps stopped.One week after surgery I went for a knee xray and ultra sound they found an 18cm clot in my leg, I had to go straight to emergency. Under further investigation they found two more in my lungs so I was admitted imediately for the whole of Easter :(. They are blaming the Yaz and of course now I cant take any contraceptive pills. Two days after leaving hospital I had another period from hell and am now wondering what I am going to do about this as it is unbearable. It seems my options are; a hysterectomy, an abulation or a medina implant. Has anyone had a simular experience? can they share it with me? Has anyone had the medina implant?
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: A questions for the girls....   A questions for the girls.... EmptySat 10 Apr 2010, 11:30 pm

I got mine in hospital too...cruel things they are...cant they let us deal with one thing at a time...lol

Now mine have changed since surgery...dont ask me how as I have nooooo medical knowledge at all...but I was on a waiting list to get ablasion done (think thats right..see told ya I know nothing medical) as TTOM was just horrid...like 7 days full on, could hardly leave the house some days they were that strong

Now I have one bad day (still pretty bad I have to say) and then 2 normal days and thats it???
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: A questions for the girls....   A questions for the girls.... EmptySat 10 Apr 2010, 10:43 am

Having a general can mess with that time of the month. a lot end up with their period a few days after surgery even if it is not due for another 3 weeks. But I have heard of others skip one or two months. If you are at all worried tho check with your GP, though I doubt it is anything at all to worry about :)

applesauce
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: A questions for the girls....   A questions for the girls.... EmptySat 10 Apr 2010, 10:37 am

I have been the total opposite..... I got them 3 days after surgery, then 4 weeks after that, then 2 weeks after that and they lasted for 2 weeks!!! then got them 2 weeks later!!! I am all over the place... I think the surgery/anaesthetic etc plays a big part...... most people settle down after awhile... bugger of things!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Abbadabbadoo

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: A questions for the girls....   A questions for the girls.... EmptySat 10 Apr 2010, 10:26 am

Hi
I had my surgery on 10th March 2010.

I had a period on 23rd Feb and another was due on 23rd March, but I still don't have it now.

I saw my surgeon on 29th March 2010 and he was not concerned.

I'm not pregnant, should I be worried?

Did anyone else miss a period after thier op? .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A questions for the girls....   A questions for the girls.... Empty

Back to top Go down

A questions for the girls....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: