Girly
8 posters
AuthorMessage
vampkit

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2016-10-10

Dr Nigel Peck. Latitude 31 Advanced weight loss Empty
PostSubject: Dr Nigel Peck   Dr Nigel Peck. Latitude 31 Advanced weight loss EmptyWed 26 Oct 2016, 8:50 am

Hi, new to this forum, am on the wait to see Dr Nigel Peck.  Since it is getting so close to Christmas, I am looking at surgery sometime in January/February.

I know Dr Peck is a good surgeon but would love to hear from others.

Was going to go with another surgeon but got turned off at last minute.

Have had bloods done, heart scans and gastroscopy already.  Am on optifast diet to try and get my BMI down somewhat before surgery.

I have BMI 48
Start weight 7-10-16   160.2
Current weight 155
Need to get to 140 before mid January.  Its do-able.

Scared and excited just waiting to start my new life post surgery.
Back to top Go down
SkinnyChapter
SkinnyChapter

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Dr Nigel Peck. Latitude 31 Advanced weight loss   Dr Nigel Peck. Latitude 31 Advanced weight loss EmptyTue 01 Apr 2014, 3:24 pm

NewMe2014/2015 wrote:
Hoping there are some others out there who have seen Dr Peck, as the last post to this page was a year ago now. I would love to know of anyone who has had the surgery done with him or is waiting also? I have my first appointment to see the dietitian in April this year (2014) and to see Dr Peck in May. I am very excited to be on this journey and hoping hoping he also agrees that it's the best step for me :)
Hi,

I was banded by Nigel in 2007 and have seen him about getting sleeved this year. Have to have band removed first then sleeve 3 months later. I will be having this done this year - happy to chat if you like. I live in Port Macquarie.
Back to top Go down
~Trishah~
Top Poster
Top Poster
~Trishah~

Female
Number of posts : 1954
Registration date : 2012-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Dr Nigel Peck. Latitude 31 Advanced weight loss   Dr Nigel Peck. Latitude 31 Advanced weight loss EmptyFri 21 Mar 2014, 7:26 am

I still float in and out Tara (biiig Hug)

Im the one that didnt have issues. Both Myself and the other lady on here had bands prior to our sleeve surgery so its a little more dodgy than a virgin sleeve.

I would ask Jodie if you can have some names of ladies that have had the sleeve done through Nige.. to see his rate of happy customers.

I was extremely happy and my op ( I am the one below who is listed as guest and had pain cos they were a dumb ass) and my recovery was a peice of cake.

I am now quite a few years out and my sleeve is no prob at all. I can eat between a 1/2 cup and a full cup depending on the day.. how much I push the limits and what I eat ( there is no sleeving of the brain.)

I can still eat a shite load of crap and gain weight.

As far as out of pocket goes I had only the gap of my gas man but one is cheaper than the other ...ask for the lady gas person she generally has no gap.

I had top hospital plus cover and Doc said he would do it as close to the rebate as he could as I had had a band in...band out and gall removed with him in the previous two years and was now back for a sleeve...luckily there was no cost for him or the hospital at the end only the Gas.

I dont know what cost the other lady had... I can ask her to pm you if you like.

So for me, my experience was positive but I would check with others.
Back to top Go down
tumultuous-tara
Part of the furniture
tumultuous-tara

Female
Number of posts : 793
Registration date : 2011-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Dr Nigel Peck. Latitude 31 Advanced weight loss   Dr Nigel Peck. Latitude 31 Advanced weight loss EmptyThu 13 Mar 2014, 6:19 am

Hiya New Me,

I know of a couple of Dr Peck's patients.
Both Band to Sleeve.
Both successful with weight loss.
One is still on this forum and one is not. (I think.) 

One had complications. One did not. I won't go into the complications as that is not my story to share. Hopefully she will see your post and pop in and say Hi.

Actually it's about a year since I have noticed anyone done by Dr Peck on here. Hopefully there is someone about.

All the best for your surgery.

Tara
Back to top Go down
NewMe2014/2015

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Dr Nigel Peck. Latitude 31 Advanced weight loss   Dr Nigel Peck. Latitude 31 Advanced weight loss EmptyThu 13 Mar 2014, 5:12 am

Hoping there are some others out there who have seen Dr Peck, as the last post to this page was a year ago now. I would love to know of anyone who has had the surgery done with him or is waiting also? I have my first appointment to see the dietitian in April this year (2014) and to see Dr Peck in May. I am very excited to be on this journey and hoping hoping he also agrees that it's the best step for me :)
Back to top Go down
chereign

Female
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2013-03-16

PostSubject: Re: Dr Nigel Peck. Latitude 31 Advanced weight loss   Dr Nigel Peck. Latitude 31 Advanced weight loss EmptyMon 18 Mar 2013, 11:04 am

Hi all, i have just got my phi sorted and have an appointment to see jodie kennett, im so excited and slightly nervous!!! Im not looking forward ti this long weight but hey, it will be worth it I hope :) I am just curious what out of pocket expenses I might expect with phi if this is how any of you went about it :) and how is your weight loss success now :)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dr Nigel Peck. Latitude 31 Advanced weight loss   Dr Nigel Peck. Latitude 31 Advanced weight loss EmptyFri 13 Apr 2012, 10:07 pm

Well just an update... I had my sleeve done 2 weeks ago and bar the pain initially after the op (my fault I thought I was tough enough not to push the pain button) its been an easy run,

4 days in hospital (cos I live an hour away) then home. Once home I felt perfectly normal as if I had not had an operation ....except I wasnt hungry.

food stages have been easy. Still no hunger.

So there it is... I found Doc Peck great ( as usual), he was honest about expectations and I have no complaints at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dr Nigel Peck. Latitude 31 Advanced weight loss   Dr Nigel Peck. Latitude 31 Advanced weight loss EmptySun 12 Feb 2012, 11:15 pm

Bumping this up again because I would love to hear from anyone who has had Nigel Peck do their sleeve.

Thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dr Nigel Peck. Latitude 31 Advanced weight loss   Dr Nigel Peck. Latitude 31 Advanced weight loss EmptyThu 30 Jun 2011, 1:10 am

would love to hear how you girls have faired since your sleeve. I was banded 3 years ago by doc Peck...lovely man.. and lovely people working for him but I am over the reflux and the weight gain that has decided to reclaim 20 kilos of the 70 I lost.

For some reason he is not keen to do the sleeve on me and keeps fobbing me off. He says the band has been good for me so we just have to make it work again but I hate this reflux and weight regain.

How has your journeys been since your sleeving with him... has the weight loss been better etc. I am worried that if I can eat bread and stuff with the sleeve that the weight will keep sliding on.

Any imput would be appreciated
Back to top Go down
Extended Life

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-08-07

PostSubject: Dr Nigel Peck - Port Macquarie   Dr Nigel Peck. Latitude 31 Advanced weight loss EmptyThu 12 Aug 2010, 5:41 am

Dr Nigel Peck. Latitude 31 Advanced weight loss 63412 Dr Nigel Peck. Latitude 31 Advanced weight loss 63412 Dr Nigel Peck. Latitude 31 Advanced weight loss 63412 Dr Nigel Peck. Latitude 31 Advanced weight loss 63412 Dr Nigel Peck. Latitude 31 Advanced weight loss 63412

Hi,

This is the "slightly" shorert version – the longer version includes some pre-op and background details – please email privately if you want it :->>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------:

I underwent my gastric banding in 2009 with Dr Peck at Port Macquarie Private Hospital. I found him to be ultra-professional which came across as a weeny bit "grave" (sorry Dr Peck if you are reading this). Some months later the band slipped drastically and I was admitted to Port Base Hospital as Dr Peck was on leave. The next morning Dr Peck came back from leave early to discuss my options and provide on-going treatment and I certainly got to see the caring\softer (but still ultra-professional) side of him. I opted to have the existing band removed and a if possible, a new band inserted. Unfortunately, due to tissue trauma it was not possible to replace the band at that time.

I met with Dr Peck some 3 months after the surgery and as I had I started piling on the kilos again and as he knew I was afraid of another band slippage, he suggested sleeving. I opted to continue to see Jodie Kennett, Dr Peck’s dietician, to try to restart the weight loss momentum and to avoid surgery. Despite Jodie’s Herculean efforts, I continued to put on weight.

I met with Kylie, Dr Peck’s nurse to discuss the sleeving process and to help me make a decision. Following that visit I met with Dr Peck with, what I referred to as. my “shopping list” of questions. He was very supportive of my decision and was more than happy to answer all of the questions. We agreed 03/08/10 would be the big date.

The sleeving went well and the pain was ok – about the same for banding (or maybe even less as this was the third time the same entry points\surgical cut sites were used (ouch). I stayed in hospital for 4 nights and during this time I saw Dr Peck every day and found him to be really caring , without being “gushing” (which seems to emanate from a lot of doctors in the private end of medicine these days).

The band slippage was just bloody bad luck and I was so glad that I had complete confidence in Dr Peck’s surgical skills to trust him to carry out the sleeving. If I have any other regrets with the whole surgical process, it is that I did not have the sleeve op in the first place and also that it was not available 27 years ago when my weight problems really started!.

I cannot praise Dr Peck and his wonderful team, who are all committed to the life-changing process of bariatric surgery, enough!

Today I am 9 days post op and feeling really well and find, for the first time in years, that I am not very hungry. I am hoping this will continue for many months/years to come, but I am also a realist and know that my new stomach is still swollen making me feel fulller and of course, this is still only the honeymoon period!

Best of luck with your choice....

E L [center]
Back to top Go down
Girly

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Dr Nigel Peck. Latitude 31 Advanced weight loss   Dr Nigel Peck. Latitude 31 Advanced weight loss EmptyMon 09 Aug 2010, 4:58 pm

Yes I am thanks
Back to top Go down
Extended Life

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-08-07

PostSubject: Dr Nigel Peck - Port Macquarie   Dr Nigel Peck. Latitude 31 Advanced weight loss EmptySat 07 Aug 2010, 4:59 pm

Hi,

I've just joined and saw your note dated in March re. Nigel Peck - R u still looking for info/feedback on him?

Regards.

EL
Back to top Go down
Girly

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-04-03

PostSubject: Dr Nigel Peck. Latitude 31 Advanced weight loss   Dr Nigel Peck. Latitude 31 Advanced weight loss EmptySat 03 Apr 2010, 4:18 am

Has anyone seen this surgeon? His offices are located in Port Macquarie NSW

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr Nigel Peck. Latitude 31 Advanced weight loss   Dr Nigel Peck. Latitude 31 Advanced weight loss Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr Nigel Peck. Latitude 31 Advanced weight loss
Page 1 of 1