Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal?

Go down 
+9
tryinhard
Jenni
Libby
lindabinda
mapmar
Caz
Jewels
Carrie
jodie_mc
13 posters
AuthorMessage
allieswans
Part of the furniture
allieswans

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2009-03-29

7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal?   7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? EmptyThu 15 Apr 2010, 9:43 am

i only lost 300g in week three
Back to top Go down
tryinhard
tryinhard

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2010-03-30

PostSubject: Re: 7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal?   7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? EmptyThu 15 Apr 2010, 8:50 am

Thank you Gail. 7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? 65317
Back to top Go down
Gail
Part of the furniture
Gail

Female
Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: 7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal?   7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? EmptyThu 15 Apr 2010, 5:08 am

Tryinhard

Here's the link to the thread with the instructions.

http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/site-navigation-and-issues-f23/weight-loss-ticker-t1637.htm

Cheers
Gail
Back to top Go down
tryinhard
tryinhard

Female

PostSubject: Re: 7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal?   7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? EmptyThu 15 Apr 2010, 1:57 am

Hi, can someone tell me how you get one of those little weightloss ladders on your posts? 7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? 595690
Back to top Go down
Jewels
Jewels

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-03-11

PostSubject: Re: 7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal?   7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? EmptyThu 15 Apr 2010, 1:51 am

7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? 355206 Everyone,

I am finally over the plateau 7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? 120705 I was feeling so down for the two weeks that the weight loss stalled, but now that the weight has started to come off again I am once again happy. I kept and reading stories of other people going through the plateau - but still it did not lift my mood (I'm just a tad stubborn) I spoke to my dietician and he said to me that those two weeks will be the slowest I'll ever have. Any one else going through the plateau, Please hang in there! Like me you too will pass this depressing stage.

It is only going to get better from now.

xx Jewels
Back to top Go down
jodie_mc

Female
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: 7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal?   7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? EmptySat 10 Apr 2010, 8:14 am

Thanks all for the support and advice. The weight is starting to move a lot quicker now. I've upped my calories slightly and that seems to have made all the difference. Still not eating a lot but trying to have my 6 tiny meals a day and I lost 2.1kgs this week so I'm really happy. Hopefully it will be all downwards from here :o)

Thanks again,
Jodie

SW 99kgs
CW 89.6kgs (9.4kgs lost!)
Back to top Go down
http://asleeversjourney.blogspot.com/
Jaydogirl
Jaydogirl

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Re: 7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal?   7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? EmptyMon 05 Apr 2010, 11:18 am

Hi Jodie,
I lost 8kg in the first 2 weeks then stalled for about 2-3 weeks.Even now I seem to be in a pattern of losing about 1kg a week for 3 weeks then nothing for 2 weeks.I must be honest and admit that I have not gone back to the exercising yet and maybe this will speed it up but on the whole I am happy knowing it is coming off . I know how I felt at week 3 to have the weight loss plateau, you are still feeling pretty sore and sick and totally over the soup and liquids and to see no loss on the scales is like a slap in the face! All I can tell you is what all the beautiful people on here told me and that is to stick with it , it is normal to plateau, some plateau early on like you and I some maybe not till later.
Lots of Luck and warm regards Jodee. 7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? 217555
Back to top Go down
tryinhard
tryinhard

Female

PostSubject: Re: 7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal?   7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? EmptyMon 05 Apr 2010, 3:58 am

7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? 68366 Hi Jodie, Im not very patient either but Ive always heard that the slower it comes off the longer it will stay off.with regards to protien thats incredibly important to your success. I have an appointment with a dietician in a couple of weeks to help prepare a menu with me for high protein and high quality food with a small volume. Maybe you should consider this too, you can use it as a guide line until you figure it out naturally later on. Ask at your local gp's office. Goodluck stay positive it will go.
Back to top Go down
darkstar
Part of the furniture
darkstar

Female
Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: Re: 7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal?   7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? EmptyWed 31 Mar 2010, 9:11 am

jodie_mc wrote:
Has anyone found that eating more protein increases your weight loss? I'm nowhere near hitting my protein target at the moment and I'm wondering whether this might be the reason for the stall.

Hi Jodie,

This is not the voice of experience, as I've only been sleeved a week, but the nutritionist told me that "getting enough protein and micronutrients (vitamins) will be the keys to your weight loss."

We're meant to get between 40 and 60 grams of protein a day. That's between 2 and 3 Optis.

Hope your weight moves down again soon. But also, as tryinhard says, enjoy the fact that you don't have to put the pressure on yourself as you might have had to do on "diets" before the sleeve.

Dark
Back to top Go down
jodie_mc

Female

PostSubject: Re: 7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal?   7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? EmptyWed 31 Mar 2010, 7:44 am

Hi tryinhard,

I'm so relieved to hear that someone feels the same. I think you're right and I just have to deal with the fact it might take longer than I hoped. I'm seriously thinking of throwing out my scales and just going by measurements but I'm so obsessed by the number I don't know if I could handle it!! Sad but true :o)

Has anyone found that eating more protein increases your weight loss? I'm nowhere near hitting my protein target at the moment and I'm wondering whether this might be the reason for the stall. I weigh in tomorrow and after peeking at the scales this morning it's looking like 200g's if that Boggled As you might have guessed patience isn't my strong point!

7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? 618285
Jodie

SW 99kgs
CW 92kgs
Back to top Go down
tryinhard
tryinhard

Female

PostSubject: Re: 7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal?   7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? EmptyWed 31 Mar 2010, 2:52 am

7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? 63412 Hi Jodie I read your post about the pressure you feel having eveyone watch you and I could relate so well to that, for that reason alone I have told very few people so that i could take the pressure off trying to perform for them.The best thing you can do is forget about what others might think stay positive a know that you will lose the weight, it takes a while to accumulate and it will take a while to go, a bit like annoying friends...lol.. mermaid
Back to top Go down
jodie_mc

Female

PostSubject: Re: 7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal?   7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? EmptyMon 29 Mar 2010, 7:08 am

Lol Jenni! Let your grandson know it was a very cute spider thanks (I'm not too scared of spiders, growing up in the bush in WA I got over that fear early on!)

I really wish I had done my measurements. I can see the weight coming off, especially with my clothes being so much looser, I just was expecting that if I eat healthy and watch the calories the weight would be falling off faster. I just have to remind myself that it has only been 3 and a bit weeks and I might be a little unrealistic expecting more. I guess I'm just worried I'm doing something wrong.

I'm hoping that in just over 2 weeks that I can start exercising and hopefully drop this weight a little quicker.
Thanks for the support,
Jodie

Weight at surgery: 99kgs
Current weight: 92kgs (25/03/10)
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2009-10-14

PostSubject: 7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd.   7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? EmptyMon 29 Mar 2010, 6:08 am

Sorry Jodie, something was missing from my message.

My grandson, Alex, wanted me to include an emoticon.
This is his choice. sprider He hopes you aren't frightened of spiders.

Jenni
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2009-10-14

PostSubject: 7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd   7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? EmptyMon 29 Mar 2010, 6:03 am

Hi Jodie,
You will see by my ticker that I haven't lost much at all since my op. I just plod along knowing that I am OK, especially after listening to how others "diet". Just enjoy yourself and don't take life too seriously, well not as much as you used to before the op.

Stick to it,

regards

Jenni
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: 7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal?   7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? EmptySat 27 Mar 2010, 11:00 pm

Jodie i'm just wondering if you have taken body measurements? If you don't see a loss on the scales you will probably see it on the tape measure.

I'm sure the scales will move soon. Its just your body catching up with everything.
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

PostSubject: Re: 7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal?   7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? EmptySat 27 Mar 2010, 2:01 pm

you're doing ok Jodie..... I dont think I lost anything for the first week or so, its coming off at it's own rate and will continue to do so. :)
Linda
Back to top Go down
jodie_mc

Female

PostSubject: Thanks :o)   7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? EmptySat 27 Mar 2010, 5:04 am

Thanks for the replies. I've been worrying that I'll be one of the few that this surgery won't work for and to be honest it's doing my head in! I think the other problem is I know everyone is watching me so I feel a bit of pressure to lose the weight fast. Silly I know but it's how I feel. Anyway, the scales have started moving down again, slowly, so fingers crossed I'll post a good loss next weigh day.

Thanks again for the support 7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? 618285
Jodie
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: 7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal?   7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? EmptyFri 26 Mar 2010, 10:25 am

Yep totally normal... don't stress! everyone loses differently and at different rates... you will be fine!
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: 7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal?   7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? EmptyFri 26 Mar 2010, 2:21 am

I lost about 6kgs in the first two weeks post op, then it went down to 1 kg per week or less for most weeks. I think it is entirely normal to slow down, especially when you start introducing more solid (if still mushy) foods.

And I recommend going ahead and weighing yourself whenever you like - but only record it once a week. I've done that and it really gives you perspective.

It does take a while for things to settle down - that is for certain!
Back to top Go down
Jewels
Jewels

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-03-11

PostSubject: Re: 7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal?   7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? EmptyFri 26 Mar 2010, 2:06 am

Hey Jodie & Carrie,

7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? 697586 I seem to be having the same trouble, in 3 weeks i lost almost 10kg and now since tuesday(23rd) my weight hasn't moved, I am thinking it is to early for my plateau, could it be that we are not eating as much as we used to and our body is now storing what ever we eat??? I was so happy with the quick weight loss, but now I am a bit disappointed as I am not eating much and still not loosing, but... with this said reading from everyone else's posts, I AM STARTING TO THINK THIS IS NORMAL.. Maybe we should stop weighing our selves everyday and maybe just once a week hahahhaha

xx Jewels
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: 7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal?   7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? EmptyFri 26 Mar 2010, 1:35 am

Hi Jodie,

I lost 9kg in the first two and a half weeks, then nothing for 8 days. I have read quite a few stories here of others experiencing a temporary halt at about 3 weeks. I think it is just part of the healing process. For a few weeks now I have been losing nothing for 4-5 days, then I have a few (usually 3) days where I lose 1/2 a kilo per day, then back to 4-5 days on hold.

I'm sure you'll be back losing again before you know it.

Cheers - Carrie
Back to top Go down
jodie_mc

Female

PostSubject: 7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal?   7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? EmptyFri 26 Mar 2010, 1:21 am

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. I'm eating about 600cals a day, never more than 650, drinking 1.5 litres of water and eating healthy and my weight has not moved at all this week. What am I doing wrong? I'm struggling to get in my protein but have just bought some Boomers Protein Powder than the dietician recommended so I'm going to start mixing that into my food today. I just thought that it would take a lot longer before I hit my first plateau. 7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? 697586
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal?   7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal? Empty

Back to top Go down

7kgs in the first 2 weeks nothing in the 3rd!?! Is this normal?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: