Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Queendiva

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-03-19

How do I get Medicare to pay for my surgery Empty
PostSubject: Medicare   How do I get Medicare to pay for my surgery EmptyMon 22 Mar 2010, 1:24 am

Thanks pf337 but I'm on disability so saving for the surgery is out of the question. I wish that was a possibility
Back to top Go down
pf337

Female
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: How do I get Medicare to pay for my surgery   How do I get Medicare to pay for my surgery EmptySun 21 Mar 2010, 11:06 pm

I am here in the USA...Most of us here in the United States have to save up for the sleve. It is alot of money but it is well worth it. Just call around and get some prices and ask about payment plans.
Back to top Go down
Queendiva

Female

PostSubject: Getting Medicare to pay for surgery   How do I get Medicare to pay for my surgery EmptySat 20 Mar 2010, 4:20 am

Thanks Carrie and Libby. I will PM KahunaLou
Back to top Go down
Carrie
Top Poster
Top Poster
Carrie

Female
Number of posts : 2601
Registration date : 2009-09-17

PostSubject: Re: How do I get Medicare to pay for my surgery   How do I get Medicare to pay for my surgery EmptySat 20 Mar 2010, 3:50 am

Hi QueenDiva,

Welcome to this great site. I dont know the post you are talking about, and as I'm in Australia I don't know anything about your medicare. If it was by KahunaLou it would probably be a good idea to PM him. He doesn't post very often but I regularly see him down in the "who's online" box.

Good luck - Carrie :-)
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: How do I get Medicare to pay for my surgery   How do I get Medicare to pay for my surgery EmptySat 20 Mar 2010, 3:43 am

Hello and welcome.

I see your in the USA so I can't help with the Medicare question. Hopefully some of the others may be able to help you.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Queendiva

Female

PostSubject: How do I get Medicare to pay for my surgery   How do I get Medicare to pay for my surgery EmptySat 20 Mar 2010, 3:29 am

Hello, I feel like I am at the first day in a new high school. Not quite sure if or where I fit in and don't really know what to do other than introduce myself. My journey started Feb. 2009. I did the four months of nutrition required for the Lapband, had my surgery date then the results of my upper GI came and I had a eroded esophagus and a hernia...no Lapband. My surgeon told me Medicare was supposed to start covering the Sleeve in January so I waited impatiently until Jan. Got a surgery date and a few days before it I was informed that Medicare wouldn't cover the band. I decided to do the Bypass, got my date, arrived early really excited. One of my friends told I was excited as if I was going to a party. I told her that's how I felt. It's show time so they roll me in the OR and I was talking and joking and the next thing I remember was waking up with a feeling that something had gone wrong. The nurses and attendants acted as if everything was a-ok. When I was returned to my room I found out that I had spent over four hours in the recovery before I woke up. To make things worse I was in pain but my sister told that the doctor couldn't do the surgery because I had too much scar tissue around my intestines and heart. That made the already risky Bypass too risky. I had the pain without the gain. So the only wls I can do healthfully is the Sleeve which I think is the best surgery anyway, but we are back to Medicare not paying for it. I saw KahunaLou's post and felt just maybe it's possible to get Medicare to pay for it, but Mr. K I need you to coach me so I won't mess up. I am 60 years old with enough co-mobidities to kill a horse and I will get on my arthritic knees and beg if that will get Medicare to pay. With the surgery my health will be so improved plus I would love to be around a few more years to watch my six year old grandson grow up.

I don't mean to appear obtuse but today I can't find very much about Medicare covering the Sleeve Surgery. I can't even find the post that brought me here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do I get Medicare to pay for my surgery   How do I get Medicare to pay for my surgery Empty

Back to top Go down

How do I get Medicare to pay for my surgery
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: