Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
benevolentmouse

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2016-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Dr Geoff Draper, Melbourne?   Wed 08 Jun 2016, 11:26 am

I can't find info on the forum about this but maybe someone has experience. Anyone know if Dr Draper considers operating on patients with BMI below 35? I am BMI 32 and been considering this surgery for about a year now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dr Geoff Draper, Melbourne?   Mon 05 Oct 2015, 4:54 am

Hi! I saw on Dr Drapers website that he does offer non PHI patients sugery (most I've spoken to wont do self funded). Has anyone done this not covered & used their super? Just after a rough guide as to how much it cost them. The website estimates about $15-$18k. It all just seems a bit unattainable at the moment. Feeling a bit flat about it all.

Thanks heaps.
Back to top Go down
kate_emily

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2015-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Dr Geoff Draper, Melbourne?   Tue 11 Aug 2015, 6:17 am

Ohh that's is amazing Kat ! So so happy for you that everything went well and to plan , hope the fibre has helped you out too haha! 
And BIG congratulations on losing a kilo a day, that's crazy exciting !!!! Thank you for sharing your experience with me , knowing everyone in the team is so nice makes me a lot less scared , your words have put me at ease :) have to keep us updated with your weight loss !! You Must be feeling great knowing it's going forever , I certainty can't wait for that feeling ! 
Back to top Go down
Kat1974

Female
Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2015-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Dr Geoff Draper, Melbourne?   Mon 10 Aug 2015, 1:24 pm

Hi Emily, absolutely fantastic! The anaesthetist and anaesthetist nurse he uses were wonderful and so calming. I've only briefly spoken to Geoff on every occasion now. He said all went like 'textbook'. I have had very little pain, nausea or reflux really. Since surgery last Tuesday I have lost 5kg (a kilo a day since I got home). I had a little pain today, just a niggle, and that's good as it reminds me to sit down and rest. As I feel fine it is hard to sit still. On the food front, I'm not hungry but I'm trying to put fuel in, sometimes I just can't and sometimes things don't agree with me.Taking small enough sips initially was a problem but I used a straw for everything for a couple of days and now I'm able to drink normally. I've had terrible constipation (worst ever!) but I'm on to Benefibre today. Have some ready and take straight away to prevent the feeling of giving birth to a rock for an hour or so!
I came away from surgery so glad to have chosen Geoff and his team. They are more pricey than many but well worth it. My wound sites are small and very clean with just glue , no bandages. I was able to sip on water immediately, unlike many of the other sleevers done last week by other surgeons that had to have a leak test and not drink for 48 hours. I met two people that had been sleeved by him whilst in hospital. They had had great losses and were great advocates for him. Good luck with your surgery and I hope your experience will be as good as mine.
Back to top Go down
kate_emily

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2015-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Dr Geoff Draper, Melbourne?   Mon 10 Aug 2015, 12:47 pm

Kat1974 wrote:
I am getting sleeved by Dr Draper on August 4 2015. Glad to read so many positive comments.
Hi kat1974 
Just wondering how your surgery went on the 4th? I'm getting sleeved by dr draper in 2 months , can't wait! Hope all went successfully for you and you're recovering well :)
Back to top Go down
Kat1974

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Geoff Draper, Melbourne?   Thu 04 Jun 2015, 11:34 pm

I've seen Geoff's facebook page. Excuse my ignorance but if you friend his page does it show up to all other friends on my facebook thread? I don't want everyone to know and have an opinion!
Back to top Go down
Kat1974

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Geoff Draper, Melbourne?   Thu 04 Jun 2015, 11:31 pm

I am getting sleeved by Dr Draper on August 4 2015. Glad to read so many positive comments.
Back to top Go down
Mause1

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Dr Geoff Draper, Melbourne?   Fri 08 May 2015, 1:01 pm

Hi There,

I'm booked in to be sleeved in June with Geoffrey Draper. I'm trying to link into the facebook group for his patients. I thinks. Called Geoffs Buddies..Can anyone please help?
Back to top Go down
Trea62

Female
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2015-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Dr Geoff Draper, Melbourne?   Fri 01 May 2015, 11:56 am

Had a gastric band fitted 3 years ago back in Perth .Stuggled for 3 years with vomiting ..lost 20 kls over that period.Went back to Perth last nov and had 2 ml saline out.Since then Ive put the 20 kls + back on in that short time as its the first time in 3 years Ive been able to eat / keep food down.Lived on soup . Now looking to have the band out and 3 months later a gastric bypass done...Have got private care to cover both ops but I have no idea wht the gap will be .Has anynone recently gone through this procedure than can help me.I don't want to go backwards and forwards vitising different consultants to be changed $180 a time until I get the right one I would rather put that towards the gap of the operation.Really want this doing ASAP the weight is really getting me down.So I would really really appreciate anyone who has had this experience .Thanks and look forward to anyone's reply.
Back to top Go down
aussiearies
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2014-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Dr Geoff Draper, Melbourne?   Sun 05 Apr 2015, 6:49 am

It seems all surgeon charge differently.  The aesthetic fee is high but perhaps that is pre Medicare and PHI.

My Medicare/PHI was paid directly to my surgeon but I had to claim for the anaesthetist and still had $850 to pay.

You should ask so you know exactly what your out of pocket is going to be.
Back to top Go down
cool.J
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2015-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Dr Geoff Draper, Melbourne?   Sun 05 Apr 2015, 3:34 am

i find this really interesting.

my surgeon's fees are $4000 including his fee, assistant physician, dietician appointments, exercise physiologist appointments and then anaesthetist is $1400 but because I'm with bupa its $500. so a total of $4500. and the gastroscopy pre sleeve they aren't charging me a gap for.

has anyone asked dr draper why his fees are considerably higher than others? and not just assumed its because he's an apparent fantastic guy/surgeon...?
Back to top Go down
brooke01

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2015-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Dr Geoff Draper, Melbourne?   Sat 04 Apr 2015, 1:53 pm

No worries Ninoid12 - happy to help.

Dr Draper does seem a little more expensive then some of the other Surgeons - but after meeting with him, I am prepared to pay the extra.

I also think I may get around 1000-1500$ back through Medicare - which I guess would the bring the "out of pocket" down to around $6.5k.

Good luck with your consult - keep us posted as to how you go.

Cheers

Brooke
Back to top Go down
Ninoid12

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2015-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Dr Geoff Draper, Melbourne?   Sat 04 Apr 2015, 11:49 am

Thanks Brooke01
:)

Just under $8k - isn't that quite $$$ compared to other surgeons?
I want to get a good surgeon, so I'm pretty sure he's the go, but I expected around $5-6k and I'm surprised at the high price :(
Back to top Go down
brooke01

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2015-02-04

PostSubject: Dr Draper information   Fri 27 Mar 2015, 11:48 am

Ninoid12 wrote:
Hi :) any recent Draper patients?

I'd love to know how much his oop expenses are as I was quoted around $7k over the phone. Is this right?

I'm booked for my initial appt 30th April (he's going away so that's the soonest grr! How dare he have holidays!!! Lol) and would love to know what to expect from going with him.

I've read about the surgery etc in general. Really keen for Draper info :) :)
Hi Ninoid12,

I think I can help you with this :)

I saw Dr Draper for the first time yesterday - he will be doing my sleeve on June 9.

I can confirm what everyone else has said of him, he is lovely ! Very easy to talk to and very thorough. I left feeling extremely confident that I had made the right decision in choosing him.

Cost wise - I have been quoted the following (with PHI) -
Dr Draper fee - $5460
Anaesthetist - $1850
Assistant - $450
Total - $7760

For me, there will also be additional costs for a sleep study and a gastrectomy (day surgery).

I hope this helps :)

Cheers,

Brooke
Back to top Go down
Ninoid12

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2015-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Dr Geoff Draper, Melbourne?   Tue 03 Mar 2015, 8:40 am

Hi :) any recent Draper patients?

I'd love to know how much his oop expenses are as I was quoted around $7k over the phone. Is this right?

I'm booked for my initial appt 30th April (he's going away so that's the soonest grr! How dare he have holidays!!! Lol) and would love to know what to expect from going with him.

I've read about the surgery etc in general. Really keen for Draper info :) :)
Back to top Go down
DeeGoat

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-02-14

PostSubject: Re: Dr Geoff Draper, Melbourne?   Fri 14 Feb 2014, 11:31 am

I would love to know his Facebook group page as I'm going to see him this month and I want to chat to others who have seen him and get info. I would also love to go to the meet ups as I'm hoping to get a sleeve done by Easter if there's room in his schedule!
Back to top Go down
Mummakat

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Dr Geoff Draper, Melbourne?   Sat 07 Dec 2013, 8:53 am

Bec that would be fantastic! I'll send you a message :)
Back to top Go down
mum of four (bec)
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2011-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Dr Geoff Draper, Melbourne?   Mon 02 Dec 2013, 11:15 am

Hi Mummakat, he also operates out of The Epworth Box Hill on a Friday so that's not so far from home. I am admin of a Facebook support group for patients of Geoff's if you would like to be added. We have about 80 people who you could ask questions of if you wanted to. We also meet up once a month. Good Luck with your decision!
Back to top Go down
Mummakat

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Dr Geoff Draper, Melbourne?   Mon 02 Dec 2013, 9:53 am

Just wanted to bump this up. I am considering using Dr Draper for a sleeve. I am nearly 2 hours away from Box Hill though so want to be overly sure he is the way to go :) he has great reviews
Back to top Go down
mum of four (bec)
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Geoff Draper, Melbourne?   Fri 25 Oct 2013, 3:27 am

Late notice I know, but there is a dinner tonight at The Sands Hotel in Carrum Downs for patients of Geoff. All welcome......old or new or just thinking about it welcome!
Back to top Go down
Annieeee

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2011-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Dr Geoff Draper, Melbourne?   Fri 30 Nov 2012, 10:34 pm

Hi everyone

Geoff has done my 3 surgeries (Gastric Band Nov 2008, Band Removal Jan 2012, and Gastric Sleeve April 2012).
I cannot say enough about how good a surgeon he is, and how great he is to deal with. He's very caring, explains everything very well, and has a fantastic sense of humour.

I know that he is very well respected in the weight loss surgery community, and I highly recommend him. Look, with Eastlink and Peninsula Link, the trip to Peninsula Private is really no big deal. I live in Mornington, so it's a 25 minute drive to get there, and my surgery was at Epworth Box Hill, which is a bit of a trek in traffic, but in the scheme of things, it's nothing.

Can't wait to see Geoff again in January for my next check up, and show him how well I'm doing. My weight loss is not as fast as some members on here, but 33.4 kgs off my highest weight sure feels great! Ideally 24.6 to go, but cracking the 70kg mark would be fabulous! Have almost arrived in the 80's ! Wooo.

Good luck if you choose Geoff - you won't regret it.

xx
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2012-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Dr Geoff Draper, Melbourne?   Fri 12 Oct 2012, 9:58 pm

2 sleeps to go and I'm very happy in my choice of surgeon. He is very nice, quite funny and I feel I'm in good hands
Back to top Go down
Kell

Female
Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2011-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Dr Geoff Draper, Melbourne?   Sun 09 Sep 2012, 9:56 pm

It was a pain for me to drive down all the time as well, but once the surgery is done that lessens dramatically, and it's worth it. He is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
demilanni
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2012-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Dr Geoff Draper, Melbourne?   Sun 09 Sep 2012, 9:38 am

Lim getting sleeved on 16 October. It's a hassle driving down to franks ton / mornington all the time but I'm confident in my surgeon. The psyc was a waste of time, we will see how the dietician goes.
Back to top Go down
mum of four (bec)
Part of the furniture

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dr Geoff Draper, Melbourne?   Fri 08 Jun 2012, 2:37 am

The best thing you will ever do and in my opinion Geoff is the best surgeon! Just about one year out and I have lost 68kg, gone below my goal weight and have maintained this for two months. Have no problems and with his team have sorted out my head issues in relation to eating too! A few of us are getting together on Friday 29th June, see details under SE meetup thread or PM me for more info. There are quite a few of Mr Drapers patients who will be there!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr Geoff Draper, Melbourne?   

Back to top Go down

Dr Geoff Draper, Melbourne?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: The Surgeons-
Jump to: