Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

lap band story on sunrise this morning...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dooben
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 651
Registration date : 2012-09-22

lap band story on sunrise this morning... Empty
PostSubject: Re: lap band story on sunrise this morning...   lap band story on sunrise this morning... EmptyFri 28 Sep 2012, 4:37 am

Just found this thread...very interesting. I have a lapband (have had it for two years) and want it gone. I have only lost 20kg in that time and am slowly regaining. I am puking lots and eating slider foods to get by...which is why the weight is coming back. I've just been told too that the enamel is being eroded off my teeth (dentist asked if i was bulimic!) It wasn't until later i twigged and realised it must be the band. I want the sleeve.

I feel like the band only works if its run loose with iron willpower (if i had that i wouldn't have needed the band) or run tight and eating nothing (not healthy.) I think lapband figures need to be looked at again...and i think the people that have lost the weight with their bands don't tell their docs that they're puking because they know the doc will take out the fill and they'll start putting the weigh back on. Or they tell their docs they're doing great and eating healthy, but only because they have the willpower to run it loose and not overeat. The docs think, either way, they're another success story, but they're either unhealthy, or they could have got the same result without the band if they're using willpower. Maybe the cost of the procedure makes their willpower better...they can't afford to fail...financially and emotionally.

I think the figures for the success stories would be a lot different if they got ALL the facts and didn't just go by a scale number.

Dee
Back to top Go down
issi
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: lap band story on sunrise this morning...   lap band story on sunrise this morning... EmptyWed 10 Mar 2010, 11:55 pm

Well said applesauce and described my band experience to a T. I got to that perfect 8 and lived on chocolate and pb'ing pretty much anything else i'd try to eat. Got sleeved and can't lose weight for the life of me. Not that i'm eating any of the crap i could eat with the band. But my body got used to living on pretty much nothing. Like a supermodel. They are alive although ghastly thin their bodies adjust.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: lap band story on sunrise this morning...   lap band story on sunrise this morning... EmptyTue 09 Mar 2010, 6:59 am

the failure rate first reported was 15% that figure is now a conservative 25% and rising. the figure will grow further as a big problem occuring now is the growing number of up til now sucessfull lapbanders with uncontrolable reflux problems. I am yet to see a SINGLE lapbander resolve this issue. This means even when they remove the band put a new one in, remove the fill rest it to allow the stomach to slide back though or the esopegous to so called unstretch. ALL these bloody lapband doctors get them to do ALL this and yet I am to see it work for a single one. They all either have to go to a fill level that makes them regain weight or life with refulux that is uncontrolled with meds. This is NOT successful and no idiot can tell me otherwise. Once your band gives you reflux the game is over baby unless you can oh my gawd have a band with no restriction, and beleive me if you could have done that before you would have been in those size 10 jeans all your life.

The reality is lapband is wheeled out as reversable, it is a HUGE draw card. There is a bit of plastic involved which means BIG busines so LOTS of advertising. Diet and exercise no matter what form you do has a less than 5% success rate so when they put it out there that lapband using the OLD figure of 85% sucess rate people feel amazed and want it. The big dream of being that size 10, BULLSHIT I think less than 10% of bandits end up in that size 10 pair of jeans, success is counted when you lose 40% of your excess weight. You will eat smaller meals give me a break will you the ONLY bandits that lose heaps of weight and keep it off live on NOTHING, one of the major reasons when they try the sleeve they can be slow losers. I am so sick and tired of bandit surgeons who put out their their size 10 patients without them telling the world EXACTLY what they eat. It is NOT small amounts of normal food living a normal life at goal. Living on shakes and and enough protien to feed a bird is NOT living.

A minimum of 1 in 4 having the lapband will require further surgery to fix problems. fact a second lapband rarely if every works, they just never get that restriction back if they had it.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
nimue
Part of the furniture
nimue

Female
Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: lap band story on sunrise this morning...   lap band story on sunrise this morning... EmptyTue 09 Mar 2010, 6:36 am

I would be interested in knowing of the number of members here, what the lapband failure rate was???

The Dr claimed "studies have shown that 10% lack nutrients and can suffer from malnutrition because they don't eat enough", is it lack of eating or the constant vomiting?

And the dangers! "the band can slip and need replacing" what about the fact that slipage can be life threatening, not to meantion errosion, faulty bands etc

And Koshy's comment "I thought it was so radical that it was almost a bit dangerous" Boggled Boggled
Back to top Go down
fatnomore
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: lap band story on sunrise this morning...   lap band story on sunrise this morning... EmptyTue 09 Mar 2010, 1:36 am

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/sunrise/video/play/-/6907713/teen-lap-band-surgery/

see the failure %.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lap band story on sunrise this morning...   lap band story on sunrise this morning... Empty

Back to top Go down

lap band story on sunrise this morning...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about You! :: From Band To Sleeve-
Jump to: