6 posters
AuthorMessage
mum23

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-10-23

Sick leave Empty
PostSubject: sick leave   Sick leave EmptyWed 24 Feb 2010, 11:48 pm

hey, regarding sick leave, i am in my third week of sick leave, afterbeing sleeved on the 3rd feb, yep just hit the flat spot at week 3. i made it aware at my work place that i was having an operation did'nt give all my details, all i had to do was get my sugeon to give me a letter saying i would need time off sick. as i had plenty of sick leave i am using 4 weeks worth, i am only perm casual 18hrs a week but realisticly work full time, i do get paid for this, i did not have to use my annual leave. my job entails me starting work at 4.30 five days a week, i am concerned going back to work as the hours take their toll by friday...lol...but the bills do need to be paid. i have not taken any bp tablets since the op, and my bp has never been better. i am thrilled.
Back to top Go down
colli71
Part of the furniture
colli71

Female
Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Sick leave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick leave   Sick leave EmptyWed 24 Feb 2010, 12:12 pm

The New Improved Me wrote:
Yeah you're right - and the more I think about it the more I realise I am entitled to it. I've been there 17 years and never taken more than 2 weeks off for anything. I'm gonna do 2 weeks sick then 2 weeks annual leave. AND the amount of times I've gone in even when I'm sick so no one else is under pressure - pfft - maybe I'll take 5 weeks off....lol...

lol you sound so much like me.... I booked the sick leave 3mths ahead & just had to give them a certifcate from the surgeon (gave it to them a week before surgery)

Cheers
Colleen
Back to top Go down
The New Improved Me
Part of the furniture
The New Improved Me

Female
Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2010-02-04

Sick leave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick leave   Sick leave EmptyWed 24 Feb 2010, 10:18 am

Yeah you're right - and the more I think about it the more I realise I am entitled to it. I've been there 17 years and never taken more than 2 weeks off for anything. I'm gonna do 2 weeks sick then 2 weeks annual leave. AND the amount of times I've gone in even when I'm sick so no one else is under pressure - pfft - maybe I'll take 5 weeks off....lol...
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Sick leave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick leave   Sick leave EmptyWed 24 Feb 2010, 10:11 am

of course you can use sick leave. booking it in advance makes no difference. you just need a medical your certificate from your surgeon or GP.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
The New Improved Me
Part of the furniture
The New Improved Me

Female
Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2010-02-04

Sick leave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick leave   Sick leave EmptyWed 24 Feb 2010, 9:51 am

I have so much sick, annual and long service leave!! I have told management that I will be taking 4 weeks off to have the surgery around july/august. Because I have told them what I am doing can I still use sick leave?? Would I still be covered if I get a certificate from the surgeon even though this is an optional procedure? I guess it wouldnt matter to them - they have to pay me either way but wasn't sure what the right thing to do would be.....
Back to top Go down
colli71
Part of the furniture
colli71

Female
Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Sick leave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick leave   Sick leave EmptyWed 24 Feb 2010, 9:08 am

I was sleeved last week and from suggestions of others I took 4 weeks off (2 sick leave & 2 annual leave as I have a desk job & felt bad for taking more than the 2 weeks as sick leave when I could have worked, stupid I know but thats me) My surgeon just asked how long I would like, so you may be able to get the 3-4wks from your surgeon.

Cheers
Colleen
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

Sick leave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick leave   Sick leave EmptyWed 24 Feb 2010, 7:59 am

Seriously ask for 3 weeks 4 if you have that much sick leave. Just tell the surgeon your job is really stressful or involves heavy lifting and thus you want to get the full hang of your sleeve before coping at work. I have known people to take 4 weeks and enjoy the holiday :)

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Raingold
Part of the furniture
Raingold

Female
Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Sick leave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick leave   Sick leave EmptyWed 24 Feb 2010, 7:35 am

I so second what apple said about week 3! I thought I was doing good, week 1 and 2, then fell on my butt week 3.
Was a totally stunning freefall!!
Slept for 3 days, then came good again and improved ever since!
Back to top Go down
cacooned
cacooned

Female
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Sick leave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick leave   Sick leave EmptyWed 24 Feb 2010, 4:42 am

Thanks Applesauce. I thought as much. I am thinking about taking 1 month off and using some of my long service leave for the remainder. I wonder if my surgeon will give me 3 weeks as sick leave and then I will only need 1 week out of my long service leave.
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

Sick leave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick leave   Sick leave EmptyWed 24 Feb 2010, 4:05 am

Most with desk type jobs ask for 2 weeks, those with physical type jobs tend to ask for 3 weeks. Just be aware there is this thing about week 3 where most people feel pretty damn flat and horrible. It is like they are physically back full tilt yet their body is still taking in such tiny amounts they run out of energy fast. I suggest you pack some optifast or sustegen or tony ferguson or any you prefer of the diet or protien type shakes you like and make one up for afternoon tea if you feel yourself lagging during the day. Keep them packed with you for a few weeks even having one for morning tea as well if you feel like you are tired. Oh and remember the benifibre in your food in that first few months as constapation tends to make you feel pretty damn blah as well and can happen just as you are going back to work.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
cacooned
cacooned

Female
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2010-02-16

Sick leave Empty
PostSubject: Sick leave   Sick leave EmptyWed 24 Feb 2010, 3:50 am

Hi everyone,

Sorry but I have yet ANOTHER question Sick leave 32773 You've all been so helpful so far, I really appreciate it.

For those that are employees - how long did your surgeon give you off work?

Thanks in advance
Cacooned
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sick leave Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sick leave   Sick leave Empty

Back to top Go down

Sick leave
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: