Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
little_y2

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-04-11

"Amount" on APRA form Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Amount" on APRA form   "Amount" on APRA form EmptyWed 21 Apr 2010, 11:38 pm

hi there, im hoping someone may help me with this also. Im stuck on Dr Jorgensen's pricing as it says disposables and it gives the example of the actual band (but im having a sleeve) of $4300... not sure if i still include a cost for disposables or keep it out of my costing...? Anyone had a sleeve with Dr Jorgensen and had to give a quote for APRA?

thanks! :)
Back to top Go down
loving5
loving5

Female
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: "Amount" on APRA form   "Amount" on APRA form EmptyFri 09 Apr 2010, 10:56 pm

I applied and got. The surgeon fee $4000 + the assistants fee $700 + The anesthetist fee $800 in $5500
Back to top Go down
cosmic1
Part of the furniture
cosmic1

Female
Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2009-12-09

PostSubject: Re: "Amount" on APRA form   "Amount" on APRA form EmptySat 27 Feb 2010, 2:39 am

My doctor has a list of costs he gives all patients which has 2 care plan options and it even lists the approximate rebates from medicare/PHI/tax. So APRA paid on the total care plan less those rebates even though they are only 'approximates'. I requested more money which included daily fee for PHI at the hospital and the cost of the shakes.

But I'm happy to receive what I did. I still have to pay $1000 out of my own pocket but it sure beats finding the other $5000 on my own :) So I'm not complaining. Should be getting that $1000 back after the rebates anyhow!

Good luck with your application process!
Back to top Go down
melbell
Part of the furniture
melbell

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2010-01-23

PostSubject: Re: "Amount" on APRA form   "Amount" on APRA form EmptyWed 24 Feb 2010, 1:14 am

hello

i have put my forms in and i put the full fee from the doctor as i have to pay that up front and cnt claim it back till after the operation. The only amount i didnt put down is the hospital fees cause they claim through phi first.Dnt forget to put the amount for the tax that comes out of your claim i think it is 24% or close to that.

mel

hope that helps a little

i also put the amount the optifast will cost for the 2 weeks before the surgery .I havnt got an answer yet but i have been told if its to much they will just approve the amount they think is right.
Back to top Go down
cacooned
cacooned

Female
Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2010-02-16

PostSubject: "Amount" on APRA form   "Amount" on APRA form EmptyWed 24 Feb 2010, 12:41 am

Hi there,

I've had a quick look through some of the posts but couldn't find the answer to my question.

I'm completing my APRA form at the moment and I have no idea what to put in the "amount needed" box. I have the quote from my surgeon but at this stage I only know what the scheduled fee is. My PHI won't tell me how much they will give me back so I don't know EXACTLY how much I need to cover the gap.

I know an approximate of how much the gap will be but what if I'm way out?

What has everyone else put?

Thanks
Cacooned
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Amount" on APRA form   "Amount" on APRA form Empty

Back to top Go down

"Amount" on APRA form
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Accessing your Superannuation-