AuthorMessage
ssjad
Part of the furniture
ssjad

Female
Number of posts : 970
Registration date : 2010-03-21

BMI when sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMI when sleeved   BMI when sleeved EmptySun 21 Mar 2010, 11:31 pm

Donski, was your weight the highest you've been (were you banded first), and who did the sleeving for you?

Ta,
ssjad
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female
Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2009-12-16

BMI when sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMI when sleeved   BMI when sleeved EmptyWed 10 Mar 2010, 11:16 am

renee3012 wrote:
Hi, my BMI was only 33 when I was sleeved 16 days ago. I have always struggled with my weight and wanted to do something about it before I got bigger and bigger and started getting all the health problems with it. My mum,dad, nana's and pop's all had or have diabeties and I know that as I get older my metablolism is going to start slowing and the weight is going to pile on.

I found I have had opinions from alot of people going "why don't you just diet and excersise" to lose your excess weight (usually skinny people that have never had to watch what they eat for their whole life) as I need to lose about 25kgs to get to my goal weight. My answer to that is I have done that and lost weight but then it slowly comes back on and then some! I even had a few of the nurses at the hospital asking me why I had done this? I'm not even huge etc why I was recovering just out of surgery! I found this extremely frustrating and annoying and I still find I am having people question me......very annoying having to explain yourself constantly!

Recovery.......hhmmmmmm very slow for me I am still not back at work because I am physicaly exhausted, I still have pain and I have suffered post op depression badly! So you could say I have had a bit of a rough time, but I am getting there slowly. I am learning everyone heals differently and goes through different emotions.

Hope this helps some BMI when sleeved 618285

I have the same trouble! Always watching what I eat. My father wasn't morbidly obese, he was heading towards morbidly obese range, he was very active when he was a young kid and did alot of running, and he played a fair amount of sport. He also had a pretty bad diet and was a heavy smoker, which lead to his heart attack and death, at the age of 46! I am petrified that the same or similar thing will happen to me, as well as my mum, for she has already lost a perfect little girl (before my accident) and her husband! I can't say that my husband wants to know anything about this operation.

My mother also loved her sport. I also loved my sport, and that was what kept my weight down. I was hit by a car when I was 11 yrs old! Badly and sustained Brain Injury as a result, I had to relearn absolutely everything, including- to talk, walk and even to eat. Because I wasnt as active back then, the weight would just pile on. I would diet, it would last a few months while I was on the diet, and then when I came off the diet, I would easily fall back to my old habits! And the weight would pile on again. However, I have found out that getting the sleeve works maybe for a year or 5years, until the sleeve completely heals, but you just cant stay on eating unheathly, like you cant continue to eat and eat. Otherwise you will get leaks, so you have to learn when you are full. My husband hates being told that I am getting the gastric sleeve! Because he doesn't believe that I can eat only half a cup at each meal time, and then eat chocolate silly! It totally breaks my heart to know that he just doesnt have some kind of faith in me, when I was in acoma for 4 and a half months, to wake up and get as far as I have today, I must be a determined girl!!! To even have the opportunity to compete at the paralympics in 2000 is an achievement!!!. All of my close relatives, (not all tho) support me. But every one that Brad has told say to me not to get it, or they are very negative about it! The negative people always have heard of bad experiences and are against it. I see both, my mums side who suggested that I get this done, and I also see where my other half is coming from! Mum was saying who are you doing this for? And then I think it will work if I eat heathily because when the sleeve heals, then it will be up to me. I cant go wrong if I continue to eat heathy, but maintain the amount I eat! I have had a difficult life and I have succeeded in alot of things that I have wanted as I can be very very stubborn as to what I want. No one can tell me what to do! And this decision is up to you. Alot of people on this particular site give thier opinion and are totally fed up saying the same thing to me, as I keep bringing up the same questions, but in a different context. So I am not posting that much any more. I have found out alot of things from this site and I dont really need to find anything else. I am no where near overweight or morbidly obese. But I am positive that this will work for me, I am concerned because there are times when I just cannot stop eating, as well as family history, on both sides, as my grandmother has needed 4 heart operations, and my dad of course.

When I was last weighed by the Dr, my BMI was ranging about 32.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=708312072
Megan
Megan

Female
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2010-01-21

BMI when sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMI when sleeved   BMI when sleeved EmptyWed 10 Mar 2010, 8:25 am

42.7BMI when sleeved 9 days ago.
Currently 41.1 :D
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

BMI when sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMI when sleeved   BMI when sleeved EmptyWed 10 Mar 2010, 7:54 am

43.1 but now 30.8
Back to top Go down
redrooter99
Part of the furniture
redrooter99

Female
Number of posts : 440
Registration date : 2009-04-21

BMI when sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMI when sleeved   BMI when sleeved EmptyWed 10 Mar 2010, 4:00 am

Mine will be 38 when i go!!!
Back to top Go down
http://redrooter.blogspot.com/
renee3012
renee3012

Female
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2010-03-05

BMI when sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMI when sleeved   BMI when sleeved EmptyWed 10 Mar 2010, 3:52 am

Hi, my BMI was only 33 when I was sleeved 16 days ago. I have always struggled with my weight and wanted to do something about it before I got bigger and bigger and started getting all the health problems with it. My mum,dad, nana's and pop's all had or have diabeties and I know that as I get older my metablolism is going to start slowing and the weight is going to pile on.

I found I have had opinions from alot of people going "why don't you just diet and excersise" to lose your excess weight (usually skinny people that have never had to watch what they eat for their whole life) as I need to lose about 25kgs to get to my goal weight. My answer to that is I have done that and lost weight but then it slowly comes back on and then some! I even had a few of the nurses at the hospital asking me why I had done this? I'm not even huge etc why I was recovering just out of surgery! I found this extremely frustrating and annoying and I still find I am having people question me......very annoying having to explain yourself constantly!

Recovery.......hhmmmmmm very slow for me I am still not back at work because I am physicaly exhausted, I still have pain and I have suffered post op depression badly! So you could say I have had a bit of a rough time, but I am getting there slowly. I am learning everyone heals differently and goes through different emotions.

Hope this helps some BMI when sleeved 618285
Back to top Go down
workdanceplay
workdanceplay

Female
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-02-01

BMI when sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMI when sleeved   BMI when sleeved EmptyTue 23 Feb 2010, 4:57 am

mine was 43.
Recovery- 2weeks yesterday and it feels strange knowing i have had surgery, I physically dont feel any different, i am not in any pain and feel better than before i had my op, probably cause i keep losing weight. Already feel more alert and less tired and i am much happier.

Ps i was petrified of leaks, but they keep you in hospital for a few days to check everything is ok, and if you follow eating program for the 1st few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Wendylee
Wendylee

Female
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-09-21

BMI when sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMI when sleeved   BMI when sleeved EmptyTue 23 Feb 2010, 2:40 am

I was 38.3 and now it is 28.4
Back to top Go down
TGirl
TGirl

Female
Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2010-01-05

BMI when sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMI when sleeved   BMI when sleeved EmptyMon 22 Feb 2010, 8:30 pm

I'm currrently 51.1.

I have my band out on 31st March so sleeve BMI, I am hoping, will be the smae or less?
Back to top Go down
twoangels72
twoangels72

Female
Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2009-12-17

BMI when sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMI when sleeved   BMI when sleeved EmptyMon 22 Feb 2010, 11:35 am

Mine was 34.
Back to top Go down
CheekyBugger
Part of the furniture
CheekyBugger

Male
Number of posts : 561
Registration date : 2009-05-11

BMI when sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMI when sleeved   BMI when sleeved EmptyMon 22 Feb 2010, 7:14 am

Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

BMI when sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMI when sleeved   BMI when sleeved EmptyMon 22 Feb 2010, 5:43 am

Back to top Go down
Donski

Female
Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-08-30

BMI when sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMI when sleeved   BMI when sleeved EmptyMon 22 Feb 2010, 5:10 am

Back to top Go down
keggy

Female
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-11-21

BMI when sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMI when sleeved   BMI when sleeved EmptySun 21 Feb 2010, 5:34 am

41 BMI when sleeved 542174
Back to top Go down
hannykins
hannykins

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-07-06

BMI when sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMI when sleeved   BMI when sleeved EmptySun 21 Feb 2010, 5:16 am

Back to top Go down
issi
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-07-12

BMI when sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMI when sleeved   BMI when sleeved EmptySat 20 Feb 2010, 9:48 pm

My bmi was 28.7 when i got the sleeve, it was much higher when I got the band.
Back to top Go down
lindabinda
Top Poster
Top Poster
lindabinda

Female
Number of posts : 1884
Registration date : 2009-07-31

BMI when sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMI when sleeved   BMI when sleeved EmptyFri 19 Feb 2010, 6:38 pm

Same as on ticker.....
Back to top Go down
OpusKV626
Part of the furniture

Male
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2009-03-06

BMI when sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMI when sleeved   BMI when sleeved EmptyFri 19 Feb 2010, 5:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

BMI when sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMI when sleeved   BMI when sleeved EmptyFri 19 Feb 2010, 5:10 am

same as ticker. Distant memory now. Only overweight not obese. yay
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

BMI when sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMI when sleeved   BMI when sleeved EmptyFri 19 Feb 2010, 2:29 am

Posting to check..........

38.2 now 19.8
Back to top Go down
akadano54
Part of the furniture
akadano54

Female
Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2009-12-23

BMI when sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMI when sleeved   BMI when sleeved EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 11:09 pm

Hi,

When I started opti mine was 35.7, although it was 37 a few months earlier. Now it is 32.6 and my op is two weeks away. Technically, I suppose that it is not high enough now. I have really been trying with the opti as I want the best start to surgery that I can have.

Even at 35. 7, my surgeon allowed me to have the op because I have yo yoed for over 20s years. My health was becoming a concern and I am not getting any younger. I was worried because when it was at 37 I had metabolic syndrome. That was my prompt to look into getting the surgery.

I have been a lot heavier and constantly dieting but staying ovwerweight. I want to see my grandchildren grow up and I want to be able to play with them and have the energy to join in with family activities, too.

I think that this sugery is all about health concerns/weight gain/loss history and not so much about the BMI factor, although it is taken into consideration. Anyway, thats how it seems to me.

Alex
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

BMI when sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMI when sleeved   BMI when sleeved EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 8:37 pm

its on my ticker too :)
Back to top Go down
Skrappy

Male
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-08-26

BMI when sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMI when sleeved   BMI when sleeved EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 11:38 am

took me about a week to recover fully to my normal self, mostly the fault of the pain killers I was on though.
Back to top Go down
colli71
Part of the furniture
colli71

Female
Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2009-01-26

BMI when sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMI when sleeved   BMI when sleeved EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 11:26 am

Back to top Go down
Max
Part of the furniture
Max

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-03-19

BMI when sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMI when sleeved   BMI when sleeved EmptyThu 18 Feb 2010, 10:50 am

same here, whatever the ticker says.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BMI when sleeved Empty
PostSubject: Re: BMI when sleeved   BMI when sleeved Empty

Back to top Go down

BMI when sleeved
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next