Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I have a dilemma not sure where to put this?

Go down 
+6
applesauce
sue
jacquilove77
Admin
chrisbychic
liquefiedstars
10 posters
AuthorMessage
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

I have a dilemma not sure where to put this? Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have a dilemma not sure where to put this?   I have a dilemma not sure where to put this? EmptyMon 04 Aug 2008, 10:05 pm

Yeah, that's great news - good on you!
Chris
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: I have a dilemma not sure where to put this?   I have a dilemma not sure where to put this? EmptyMon 04 Aug 2008, 11:05 am

im so pleased that you have sorted out whats going on re your daughter. its one less thing to worry about. Your MIL will love it.

Nicole
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: I have a dilemma not sure where to put this?   I have a dilemma not sure where to put this? EmptyMon 04 Aug 2008, 10:01 am

trust me you are giving her a present hehehehe my mum has 4 out of 5 of her grandkids for dinner every monday night and spoils them rotton hehehehe I would hate to think what it was like if my kids had not grown up 2 minutes away from their grandparents.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Liquefied_stars
Part of the furniture
Liquefied_stars

Female
Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: I have a dilemma not sure where to put this?   I have a dilemma not sure where to put this? EmptyMon 04 Aug 2008, 2:46 am

Well we rang my MIL and she said yes please she would love to come and look after her grand daughter! Even better they have air points so she insisted that she will use those instead of letting us pay her airfare, I have a dilemma not sure where to put this? 787760 She is such a sweet heart. So at least the op can be performed asap. I have a dilemma not sure where to put this? 749870
Back to top Go down
bigbugger71
bigbugger71

Female
Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: I have a dilemma not sure where to put this?   I have a dilemma not sure where to put this? EmptyThu 31 Jul 2008, 9:32 am

Dear Liquifiedstars
funny! Actually the lady i am talking about has just joined the group! which means you have 2 Welsh people on here now!
Everyone is different, but kids are demanding, could you imagine if they were ill and you had just had the op...
I hope you can sort it out!
Thinking of you, hope the little one gets better, mine is on his holidays with his grandparents! peace x
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: I have a dilemma not sure where to put this?   I have a dilemma not sure where to put this? EmptyThu 31 Jul 2008, 6:41 am

Oh, poor little one - it's awful when they're sick, isn't it? Hope s/he gets better soon.
Chris
Back to top Go down
liquefiedstars
liquefiedstars

Female
Number of posts : 102

PostSubject: Re: I have a dilemma not sure where to put this?   I have a dilemma not sure where to put this? EmptyThu 31 Jul 2008, 1:49 am

Hi Bigbugger glad you are back. Yeah I guess I don't know what to expect after so I will make sure I have someone here to help me for atleast the first week and then I might just muddle through using apples suggestions. i can't tell the family it's a gallbladder surgery that went last year lol. Hiatus Hernia is ok though. I have a dilemma not sure where to put this? 2329

My toddlers been sick yesterday and so so demanding poor little mite. I don't think I would manage on my own if she were sick we have been through four changes of bedclothes in the last 34 hours. :6722788:
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: I have a dilemma not sure where to put this?   I have a dilemma not sure where to put this? EmptyWed 30 Jul 2008, 9:20 pm

Hey, bigbugger
Welcome back and don't worry, the pain gets better fairly quickly.
You might a few issues along the way, but after a couple of months you'll be better than normal!
Chris
Back to top Go down
bigbugger71
bigbugger71

Female

PostSubject: Re: I have a dilemma not sure where to put this?   I have a dilemma not sure where to put this? EmptyWed 30 Jul 2008, 3:56 pm

thanks! I just want to be better NOW

I have a dilemma not sure where to put this? 50622
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: I have a dilemma not sure where to put this?   I have a dilemma not sure where to put this? EmptyWed 30 Jul 2008, 2:05 pm

Welcome back Bigbugger,

I hope you are feeling better very soon. The recovery time can be tough, and very painful, I am feeling your pain lovely. Rest up and take very good care of yourself. Dont rush at doing anything.
Big warm hugs to you,

Hayley
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Welcome back bigbugger   I have a dilemma not sure where to put this? EmptyWed 30 Jul 2008, 1:41 pm

So glad to hear you are home. Rest up and have a good feeling knowing that you are now on the losers bench. I have a dilemma not sure where to put this? 19756
Back to top Go down
bigbugger71
bigbugger71

Female

PostSubject: Re: I have a dilemma not sure where to put this?   I have a dilemma not sure where to put this? EmptyWed 30 Jul 2008, 1:37 pm

hello everyone, I'm back form hospital, I was sleeved on Sat out today Weds, that is 4 nights and i have to say I couldn't drive a car yet, I found it uncomfortable coming home just now!? I also have a boisterous 4 year old, he is mad and the only way I am planning to cope is by him staying with my parents for the next few days until I feel better. Am very very sore and not very mobile! I think everyone's recovery is different, but I would recommend telling the family its a gall bladder op or something like that. I know the girl in hospital with me had done that and her parents were visiting and helping out without knowing! It may be worth it for the support they will give you. Even if they drive you nuts!
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: I have a dilemma not sure where to put this?   I have a dilemma not sure where to put this? EmptyWed 30 Jul 2008, 8:00 am

I think it is a matter of making your house or at least one room in your house totaly child proof. Make yourself a comfortable nest in there so you can read a magazine and watch dvd's with your child, youknow quilt pillows etc. change her nappies if she is still in them on the floor, stock up on wet ones for wiping up messes to avoid lifting her in and out of the bath if there is an accident. Get her to snuggle down in your nest for a nap with you. Have a comfortable chair set up outside for yourself for when she is out there. Pre cook all her lunchs so you just have to zap in the micro for her and you. Organised is the bottom line.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
liquefiedstars
liquefiedstars

Female

PostSubject: Re: I have a dilemma not sure where to put this?   I have a dilemma not sure where to put this? EmptyTue 29 Jul 2008, 4:06 pm

Thanks for the replies. I wonder how much it would cost and where I would start if I wanted to hire help?

At least if I can drive I could perhaps use childcare on the odd extra day as well.

To all who said if they were near they would help, that is just so sweet, I would refuse anyway though lol but it is very sweet. :)

I am just going to have to see how things pan out and what dates I get from the surgeon I guess.

Cinni
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: I have a dilemma not sure where to put this?   I have a dilemma not sure where to put this? EmptyTue 29 Jul 2008, 10:22 am

Hi Cinni;

I started driving within 3 days wasnt given any restrictions and started back at work after 6 days. I look after a girl with cerabl palsay i help her out of her wheel chair but she can help a bit and i look after my grandkids youngest is nearly 2 i didnt lift him for at least 2 weeks but then again thats not full time i showed my grandson my scars and said nanna has sore tummy so he caught on i couldnt lift him instead i would sit on lounge and he would come sit with me and got cuddles in that way and he could also climb into his car seat so i didnt have to lift him dont know if any of this will help if you lived close id come help but i beilieve you are a couple of hours away good luck hope you can get some help. Local churh groups would probably give you a hand if you rang and asked.

Cheers Sue :)
Back to top Go down
jacquilove77

Female
Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-19

PostSubject: Re: I have a dilemma not sure where to put this?   I have a dilemma not sure where to put this? EmptyTue 29 Jul 2008, 9:39 am

maybe you could ask or hire someone else to come and help you out.
i was driving within two days of leaving hospital - never got given any instructions but just knew i felt ok pretty quickly.

running after and lifting a 2year old is a whole other ballpark though. i lifted my (smallish) 2yo niece a few days after leaving hospital - just pure instinct as she came running toward me - then realised i probably shouldn't have. hubby told me off. i didn't do any damage - was just a bit soon for comfort. i'd probably be ok now but would still be wary.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: I have a dilemma not sure where to put this?   I have a dilemma not sure where to put this? EmptyTue 29 Jul 2008, 8:54 am

bugger! 🐷
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 1588
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: I have a dilemma not sure where to put this?   I have a dilemma not sure where to put this? EmptyTue 29 Jul 2008, 8:40 am

Hi Cinni,

If you have looked around and still are unsure on where to post a topic, dont worry at all, our Moderators, or I will move the topic if it could be in a better area.

Hayley
Back to top Go down
liquefiedstars
liquefiedstars

Female

PostSubject: Re: I have a dilemma not sure where to put this?   I have a dilemma not sure where to put this? EmptyTue 29 Jul 2008, 8:24 am

Thanks Chris, nope they are strict on the start date because it is a group start with training. DOH!
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: I have a dilemma not sure where to put this?   I have a dilemma not sure where to put this? EmptyTue 29 Jul 2008, 8:13 am

Gee, that's bad timing, Cinni - what a shame!
Firstly, can hubby negotiate a later start date with his new employer? They're often open to that sort of thing, especially if he mentions that you have to go to hospital (but not what for).
I was told to wait for 2 weeks before driving, but I know that others have driven after 1 week.
As for lifting, I was told no more than 10kg for 6 weeks, but I'm sure others have differences.
Sorry, but I can't help you with the other stuff - it's a long while since I've had to deal with a toddler full-time, but I'm sure that some of the other younger mums will be able to help.
If I was closer, I'd be glad to help out, but we're almost as far away as your relos!
Best of luck sorting it out.
Chris
Back to top Go down
liquefiedstars
liquefiedstars

Female

PostSubject: I have a dilemma not sure where to put this?   I have a dilemma not sure where to put this? EmptyTue 29 Jul 2008, 7:53 am

My husband may be changing jobs right when I am looking to have my op. The dillema is it means he will have no leave yet to stay home and look after my toddler. She is two, very large and boistrious and I already have trouble with her due to back pain so my husband has suggested flying one of our family members over from nz if we need to.

I don't really want anyone else here because I don't want to tell anyone about the op, I don't mind telling them it a Hiatus hernia from a distance but don't really want to lie to their (probably his mums) face. Plus I would like to save the $1100.

So before we go ringing relations up I am trying to make this happen on our own.

Could you please tell me how long before I will be able to drive?

How long do you think I will need help around the house with a toddler? Is the third week really bad or will I be right to pick her up by then? She weighs about 16kgs.

Cinni
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have a dilemma not sure where to put this?   I have a dilemma not sure where to put this? Empty

Back to top Go down

I have a dilemma not sure where to put this?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: