AuthorMessage
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Nice problem to have Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice problem to have   Nice problem to have EmptyWed 24 Feb 2010, 9:22 pm

I think what will work for me is making different food choices, and eating slightly more often - not just 3 meals and a little fruit, but having a larger snack mid morning or afternoon.

The bottom line is that you CAN gain weight with a sleeve, so it is obviously possible to stop weight loss as well.

Don't panic!
Back to top Go down
Gutless Wonder
Gutless Wonder

Female
Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2009-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Nice problem to have   Nice problem to have EmptyWed 24 Feb 2010, 12:57 pm

Abbadabbadoo wrote:
Hi
I told my friend last night that I'm doing the WLS, and she is concerned about at the end when I have lost all my weight, how do you stop loosing weight, so I guess this questions is for the long timers. Once you reach your goal weigh, how do you stop loosing weigh?

Thanks
Abbadabbadoo
I lost 10 kilos more than what I wanted, and so I took the advice from a man on another forum who also lost more than he wanted. His nutritionist suggested he eat raw nuts and full cream milk. So he ate chocolate M&Ms and it worked for him.It took me about 10 months to put on 10 kilos.
I now have full cream milk, cream, icecream, chocolate and lots of butter and peanut butter to maintain my weight. Its a tough job, but someone has got to do it.
Back to top Go down
Max
Part of the furniture
Max

Female
Number of posts : 390
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Nice problem to have   Nice problem to have EmptySun 07 Feb 2010, 11:27 am

I'm 5 kilos from goal and have been for about a month, maintenance is easy, you don;t diet but just continue to eat and make healthy choices which has helped you lose the weight in the first place.
I have added a piece of bread a day and found that it did steady my weight loss.
So I guess what I'm trying to get at is you just change a few things in your diet. No more diets or calorie counting and enjoying a few peanut m&m's if you must with no guilt cause you will stop losing weight with these extra calories and find you maintane where your at, if you want tpo lose a bit more again, take those few extras out of your diet again.

All eays stuff, cause even though we have been sleeved we still enjoy the naughty foods just smaller amount of it.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Nice problem to have   Nice problem to have EmptySun 07 Feb 2010, 11:08 am

Hi Janette
Not sure what you mean about the stomach taking 5 years to settle after the sleeve?
I've never heard of anything like that at all.
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female
Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: Nice problem to have   Nice problem to have EmptySun 07 Feb 2010, 5:16 am

Hi Janette, Correct me if I am wrong but it takes about 5yrs for your stomach to settle after the big sleeve operation? Do you then go back to what you were originally eating before the operation or what you were previously eating???
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=708312072
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Nice problem to have   Nice problem to have EmptySun 07 Feb 2010, 3:29 am

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Check out this thread.......Maintaining a Steady Weight

http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/general-chat-f9/maintaining-a-steady-weight-t2324.htm#51576

Might answer your question.
Back to top Go down
Abbadabbadoo

Female
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Nice problem to have   Nice problem to have EmptySun 07 Feb 2010, 2:52 am

Hi
I told my friend last night that I'm doing the WLS, and she is concerned about at the end when I have lost all my weight, how do you stop loosing weight, so I guess this questions is for the long timers. Once you reach your goal weigh, how do you stop loosing weigh?

Thanks
Abbadabbadoo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nice problem to have   Nice problem to have Empty

Back to top Go down

Nice problem to have
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: