Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

You access your husband's super...and....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fatnomore
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-12-30

You access your husband's super...and.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: You access your husband's super...and....   You access your husband's super...and.... EmptySun 07 Feb 2010, 9:49 am

Thanks for your reply..

I think I will ring the ATO tomorrow, they will be able to tell me... Im thinking it will add onto my hubbies income as it is in his name...but will check...wont be in financial ruin if it goes onto mine but $3k is $3k afterall...lol...
Back to top Go down
CheekyBugger
Part of the furniture
CheekyBugger

Male
Number of posts : 561
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: You access your husband's super...and....   You access your husband's super...and.... EmptySun 07 Feb 2010, 2:28 am

hi fatnomore,

I would really suggest speaking to a financial advisor as when it deals with things like your super and familt tax benefits, you really need to have independant financial advice.

Even though someone else on the site may have had a similar situation, it will never be an identical situation. The Investment in an consultation with an advisor could be the difference between financial security and financial ruin.
Back to top Go down
fatnomore
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: You access your husband's super...and....   You access your husband's super...and.... EmptySun 07 Feb 2010, 12:26 am

whose income is it classed as? his because it came out of his fund or yours because your spending it on your WLS?

We worked out by getting my super out it we will lose $4k a yr in family a/b payments but if we use his and add it to his income then we dont lose as much and still get a/b payments....

also will they let me use his if I have my own? also we then will look at using mine this financial yr and his after July 1 this yr so we split it between 2 fin yrs or we are stuffed in terms of losing money from a/b payments..

does that make any sense

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You access your husband's super...and....   You access your husband's super...and.... Empty

Back to top Go down

You access your husband's super...and....
Page 1 of 1