AuthorMessage
lisab
Part of the furniture
lisab

Female
Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Not eating much?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not eating much??   Not eating much?? EmptySat 30 Jan 2010, 2:23 am

Hi Donna,
I am 8 !/2 weeks out now and I am going through the same thing..
This last week I have only been able to get in about 3 teaspoons of anything and even after that I feel very uncomfortable
and have even been sick a few times.
I will follow Apples and Chris advice and see how I go...

Lisab
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Not eating much?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not eating much??   Not eating much?? EmptyThu 28 Jan 2010, 7:57 pm

Hey, Donna
Good advice from apple, but I'd add a couple of things.
The first is that it's not unusual to have times when you can eat more or less than usual. I don't know why that is, but my doc's advice was "just go with it".
It is important, though, to ensure you get all you need. Make sure you keep your fluids up. And scrap the saos and eat protein first then veg, and if you're having real problems eating, you can always try mushies again temporarily, as they go down easier.
And don't forget your multivitamin!
Back to top Go down
Donna74
Donna74

Female
Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-09-11

Not eating much?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not eating much??   Not eating much?? EmptyThu 28 Jan 2010, 8:34 am

thank you very much Applesauce i will certainly give that a go!! i do feel a bit crappy maybe i am getting ill hope not...
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Not eating much?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not eating much??   Not eating much?? EmptyThu 28 Jan 2010, 8:22 am

keep up the fluids. Try and make your fluids thick if you can handle it for example a thickshake. Eat every hour or two and try just half a teaspoon more each time. the chances are you are off colour and not yet showing any other syptoms. It is important to keep food going in and NOT fall into the bad habbit of not eating no matter how tempting this is because you do not feel hungry and are so pleased with the weight loss. Keep chipping away at what you can eat working it back up do not do it to the point of making yourself ill but do push yourself to go that tiny bit further every time even a quarter of a teaspoon more. It should pass rather quickley if you do not come down fully with a bug and do NOT allow yourself to fall into bad habbits. Those habbits are VERY hard to break, do not fall into that trap.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Donna74
Donna74

Female
Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-09-11

Not eating much?? Empty
PostSubject: Not eating much??   Not eating much?? EmptyThu 28 Jan 2010, 8:12 am

Hi everyone, i will be 12 weeks next Tuesday and have just started having trouble with the amount i can eat it is less than i have been doing, i have been getting this hollow feeling in my stomach and normally when this happens i know i need to eat, but the last couple of days i just can't eat alot i can't even manage a whole SAO. Has anybody else felt this way? My weight lose has been great i have lost 20.2kg's which i am stoked about.
Cheers Donna x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Not eating much?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not eating much??   Not eating much?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Not eating much??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: