AuthorMessage
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female
Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2009-12-16

OK HERE IS THE DELEMA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: OK HERE IS THE DELEMA   OK HERE IS THE DELEMA - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Jan 2010, 9:44 am

First topic message reminder :

I THINK I HAVE JUST FOUND THE CORRECT WAY OF EXPLAINING MY DELEMA, IF YOU HAVE HAD A SLEEVE OP AND IT HAS HELPED AND YOU HAVE HAD EXACT SAME OR DIFFERENT PROBS TO ME PLEASE PM ME AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE OR ARE DOING OR WHAT?

I spent almost 4 months in acoma and 10 months in hospital. I was so very determined to get back to being "normal" again. I went to speech therapy, physio therapy and occupational therapy. I could barley stand when I left hospital, or talk, but with follow ups and because I went to Jasper Road for a yr & a half and also because I swam, it all came under therapy. I was getting so much better at talking each day. And my walking just improved by the time I was in yr 8, I wanted to continue to improve so I decided to walk to my classes as I went to a "normal school" and "normal classes", which I just loved as I was being integrated with just "normal" students my age. Came across a few hurdles but by yr 10, I was truly happy having friends to talk to and that. It was truly the best decision that my mum and dad had made.

As I was by then an active swimmer, I travelled around the world with the Australian Swimming Team which totally boosted my enthusiasm in swimming. I was training morning and night, waking at 4.15am to get to the pool in time for the morning sessions and returning at 5.30pm for the evening sessions. I was a pretty big eater as I needed the energy back then as you would imagine! I never really stopped swimming until yr 2002. When my father had a massive heart attack and, my shoulder pain in my right shoulder would pinch like buggery. I knew that I had tore the cartlidge before the paralympics but there was not much that could be done. Both my parents wanted me to do my utmost best and I just wanted to prove to everyone that I can do anything I set my mind to and I did!!! I got the shoulder repaired in 2002, before dad passed away, and I meet my husband also before dad passed away. It was about then when the eating became such an issue that because I lived in a granny flat behind mum and dad, I bought all my own food and would eat it! I wanted my own independence so started to catch buses to the shops ect. And guess where I woud shop all the time, going into woolies or coles, buying most of junk and eating it at the movies or when I got home. I was in a way, able to manage my weight even tho I bought shit (mind the french!) Then its just gotten to the stage where I eat and drink (Diet coke) and not much exercise, it's extremely hard to go to the shops with out ppl staring at me as I walk with a limp, I talk with a slur in my voice, I am now overweight (not morbidly obese but still obese), I am finding it hard to get motivated to go to the gym!!! So this is why I am getting sleeved. I am not entirley sure if it will cure all these problems but I really need something to help me!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=708312072

AuthorMessage
OLD Mark
Sponsor

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2010-01-16

PostSubject: Re: OK HERE IS THE DELEMA   OK HERE IS THE DELEMA - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Jan 2010, 11:26 am

Wow you certainly have had your share, my heart goes out to you....there are all sorts of reasons why we put on weight, I am sure most of us can blame something in our lives (me incl...I lost my only son and comfort ate after)....but lets put that aside for a second. Can I ask you if you currently have professional support, psychological & or physical ?

You say "I am not entirley sure if it will cure all these problems " ....despite being a medical professional myself, I personally dont think "we" (members of this forum) are qualified to answer that question for you, I think you should take this up with your suitably qualified medical practitioners. All sorts of things need to be considered....this is not a simple question.

However, can you get support & information re your "sleeve", diet etc here....absolutely, there is a massive amount of first hand "patient" experience here....stuff that you can only get from those who have had the op.done themselves. Stay strong, you are certainly amongst friends.

OLD Mark
Back to top Go down
http://www.livingwithgrief.info
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female
Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: OK HERE IS THE DELEMA   OK HERE IS THE DELEMA - Page 2 EmptyTue 26 Jan 2010, 9:44 am

I THINK I HAVE JUST FOUND THE CORRECT WAY OF EXPLAINING MY DELEMA, IF YOU HAVE HAD A SLEEVE OP AND IT HAS HELPED AND YOU HAVE HAD EXACT SAME OR DIFFERENT PROBS TO ME PLEASE PM ME AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE OR ARE DOING OR WHAT?

I spent almost 4 months in acoma and 10 months in hospital. I was so very determined to get back to being "normal" again. I went to speech therapy, physio therapy and occupational therapy. I could barley stand when I left hospital, or talk, but with follow ups and because I went to Jasper Road for a yr & a half and also because I swam, it all came under therapy. I was getting so much better at talking each day. And my walking just improved by the time I was in yr 8, I wanted to continue to improve so I decided to walk to my classes as I went to a "normal school" and "normal classes", which I just loved as I was being integrated with just "normal" students my age. Came across a few hurdles but by yr 10, I was truly happy having friends to talk to and that. It was truly the best decision that my mum and dad had made.

As I was by then an active swimmer, I travelled around the world with the Australian Swimming Team which totally boosted my enthusiasm in swimming. I was training morning and night, waking at 4.15am to get to the pool in time for the morning sessions and returning at 5.30pm for the evening sessions. I was a pretty big eater as I needed the energy back then as you would imagine! I never really stopped swimming until yr 2002. When my father had a massive heart attack and, my shoulder pain in my right shoulder would pinch like buggery. I knew that I had tore the cartlidge before the paralympics but there was not much that could be done. Both my parents wanted me to do my utmost best and I just wanted to prove to everyone that I can do anything I set my mind to and I did!!! I got the shoulder repaired in 2002, before dad passed away, and I meet my husband also before dad passed away. It was about then when the eating became such an issue that because I lived in a granny flat behind mum and dad, I bought all my own food and would eat it! I wanted my own independence so started to catch buses to the shops ect. And guess where I woud shop all the time, going into woolies or coles, buying most of junk and eating it at the movies or when I got home. I was in a way, able to manage my weight even tho I bought shit (mind the french!) Then its just gotten to the stage where I eat and drink (Diet coke) and not much exercise, it's extremely hard to go to the shops with out ppl staring at me as I walk with a limp, I talk with a slur in my voice, I am now overweight (not morbidly obese but still obese), I am finding it hard to get motivated to go to the gym!!! So this is why I am getting sleeved. I am not entirley sure if it will cure all these problems but I really need something to help me!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=708312072
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK HERE IS THE DELEMA   OK HERE IS THE DELEMA - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

OK HERE IS THE DELEMA
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: