AuthorMessage
Mike1616
Part of the furniture
Mike1616

Male
Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2009-07-06

Exercise equipment swap? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exercise equipment swap?   Exercise equipment swap? EmptyThu 16 Jul 2009, 8:16 am

Exercise equipment swap? 618285 Thanks for the info, hopefully it will help me find the best price for the stationary bike
until next time
mike1616
Exercise equipment swap? 877290
Back to top Go down
Deb
Sponsor
Deb

Female
Number of posts : 1924
Registration date : 2008-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Exercise equipment swap?   Exercise equipment swap? EmptyThu 16 Jul 2009, 7:03 am

Orbit Fitness come to mind
Also Rebel Sports sometimes do 12 or 18 month interest free deals on purchases over a certain amount.

Try the yellow pages under exercise equipment.
You might also like to try hiring first to see if it's something you are likely to continue on a long term basis.
Back to top Go down
Mike1616
Part of the furniture
Mike1616

Male
Number of posts : 631
Registration date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Exercise equipment swap?   Exercise equipment swap? EmptyThu 16 Jul 2009, 1:47 am

I don't know if anyone is looking at this post any more, but I would just like top say thanks for the ideas for the home made exercise stuff, great money savers.

Also, thanks for the name of a couple of the exercise equipment stores in WA as I need a stationary exercise bike due to the fact that I can barely walk these days.

Thanks for the assist
mike1616 Exercise equipment swap? 89269
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Exercise equipment swap?   Exercise equipment swap? EmptyTue 29 Jul 2008, 1:09 pm

I think it is more where you are located as getting them to you would probably cost as much as a set to buy.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
wobblymummy

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Exercise equipment swap?   Exercise equipment swap? EmptyMon 28 Jul 2008, 1:06 pm

Thanks so much for all the good advice - I had already thought about a lot of that anyway but good to reinforce it.

I was just thinking that there must be people who have them lying around and either don't want them or would lend them.

But this mustn't be the place. No probs. I'll keep asking around.

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
pretzel.1970
pretzel.1970

Female
Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Exercise equipment swap?   Exercise equipment swap? EmptyMon 28 Jul 2008, 2:27 am

If the budgets tight don't buy weights that are that small.
Another option is to use 1Kg flour or sugar they're cheap and you normally have them in your pantry anyway. As leg weights you can use them by putting them in a stocking or towel and tying them to your legs to lift.
Thre are alot of options around the house to use - just buy one pair of good hand held weights at 3kg and then you just increase your sets to make the workout harder as you get better. I found mine at Kmart and they were about $15.
Good luck
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Exercise equipment swap?   Exercise equipment swap? EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 5:33 pm

You can also use coke bottles filled with water or sand milk bottles or other wen i went to aqua aerobics we used milkbottles with water must get back there soon Could even try quokka

Cheers Sue :)
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Exercise equipment swap?   Exercise equipment swap? EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 5:01 pm

The hand weights I can not remember who had them cheapest but they where under $10 but do try the red dot type stores first. Oh and if you are a clutz like me get the rubber covered ones, they are the cheap ones any way. they are not super padded but help a bit if you drop them taking chunks out of stuff. Tins of soup are a great starter as well especially those long skinny ones :)

applesauce
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Exercise equipment swap?   Exercise equipment swap? EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 3:49 pm

Fitness balls ive also seen in Red Dot stores for $10 also Dealsdirect on line sell them and weights cheap at times just need to look it up good luck

Cheers Sue :)
Back to top Go down
Denise1971
Denise1971

Female
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Exercise equipment swap?   Exercise equipment swap? EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 3:43 pm

Hi W.Y.
The gym bunny probably meant a 65cm Fitball, if you got a 65kg you probably wouldn't be able to use it.

You can usually pick up cheap fitballs from Jim Kidd or Orbit fitness, if you're in Perth, for about $30-40 and they will pump them up for you.

For weights I recently was wandering through Big W they had Pump sets for $55. The set comes with the bar and pairs of 1.5kg, 2.5kg and 5kg weights so you just add onto the bar when it gets too easy. I have a friend who is a gym instructor and she's going to loan me her Pump DVD's for a while since she's not teaching it for a while - pregnant.
Back to top Go down
wobblymummy

Female
Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-06-13

PostSubject: Exercise equipment swap?   Exercise equipment swap? EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 3:14 pm

Hiya everyone!

Just a quick question because it has been occurring to me for days to ask if anyone knows of a place/organisation that will swap exercise equipment/

Specifically the hand weights/bar bells?

I am going to start an exercise programme soon and the gym bunny told me to get a 65kg (?) fitball and some 1-1.5kg hand weights.

Not a prob I thought but then she said I would be working my way up through the weights over time.

And I was thinking what does everyone else do with their weights once they outgrow them?

We are on such a tight budget that I can't afford to keep replacing weights all the time so I would be immensely grateful if someone can help with swap info. Or if you have some you don't use and want to lend them to me I would be grateful too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exercise equipment swap?   Exercise equipment swap? Empty

Back to top Go down

Exercise equipment swap?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Dietitians, Dieting, Exercising and more :: Diet, Exercise and more :: Exercise-
Jump to: