Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeRegisterLog in

Fatigue

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Fatigue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatigue   Fatigue EmptyWed 08 Sep 2010, 1:13 am

Well its been awhile since i've posted in here...happy to say my envery levels have gone up a little bit.

I have come to the conclusion that my energy levels are a combination of depression as well.

We have been trying to build a house that we would were told would be up last Dec. Living away from my family is taking its toll and not being and my r/ship has come to a stalmate, need to work that one out.

But at least i'm not having to close the shop and come home from a sleep...thank goodness.

I just need to rev up the excercise again!
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Fatigue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatigue   Fatigue EmptyTue 07 Sep 2010, 3:59 pm

It took me about 4 months to get full energy back but taking the multi vitamin helped a lot. I stopped taking it and energy levels dropped dramatically
Back to top Go down
neljatye
Part of the furniture
neljatye

Female
Number of posts : 470
Registration date : 2010-07-20

Fatigue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatigue   Fatigue EmptyTue 07 Sep 2010, 2:20 pm

i'm with you whitgold..nearly every day one of my sons comes in the door at 3.30pm to find me nana napping on the lounge.....actually he came in today did a double take and said "how come you arn't asleep on the lounge mum"....cute kid.......i also have always been a late nighter about 1-2am but since op i generally hit bed by 10pm........hubby can't believe it..lol......i am told the energy kicks in about 3-4mths into it........i is awaiting..lol
Back to top Go down
whitegold10
whitegold10

Female
Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2010-04-15

Fatigue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatigue   Fatigue EmptyTue 07 Sep 2010, 1:11 pm

I am feeling so fatigued lately!! I am 6 weeks out tomorrow and really, really tired. Like the other posts mention I just feel like a zombie! I cant sleep in or nap but I feel so fatigued.....the second I sit down I just cannot get the energy to get up again lol. Ahh its so frustrating..
Back to top Go down

Fatigue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatigue   Fatigue EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 12:48 pm

thanks for that B..

I went to have a nana nap today...lasted 3hr...lol..then i was still tired...

at 8pm I thought "this is rubbish" so I saddled the dog up and took him for a walk...poor thing was sooo excited, he hadnt been for a walk for so long. I left the other one at home, one at a time I think hahaha...

25mins..hmm not too bad....going to make this an ongoing thing dog will luv it and i'm hoping my energy levels will also lol..
Back to top Go down
shortsleeves
Part of the furniture
shortsleeves

Female
Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Fatigue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatigue   Fatigue EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 12:13 pm

Hi Jo,

MMm sorry to hear that you are still so fatigued, I can honestly sympathise even though I am relatively new to the sleeve. Your nose and throat symptoms do sounds like it may be snoring. Are you taking vitamins??

Personally, prior to the sleeve I always had a lower blood count (not as low as now, however) and I found that taking spiralina and a mega B helped alot in my energy levels.

I am going to get back onto them soon. I haven't as yet as I am afraid that, if I take the volume of vitamins that I used to take prior to the op, I wont be able to fit breakfast in.............lol. I don't really know, but they are my current thoughts.

Anyway, I hope that you can get to the bottom of it very soon.
Good luck.

B acupuncture
Back to top Go down

Fatigue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatigue   Fatigue EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 1:40 am

thats great news about not needing a nana nap :-)

I'm not feeling any different...I''ve got a feeling it might be something else..I had to drag myself out of bed at 9am. I'm still tired..but i'm going to see if the dr will test me for sleep aponea...my nose & throat feel "strange" when i wake up..so I'm wondering if i'm still snoring or ??
Back to top Go down
shortsleeves
Part of the furniture
shortsleeves

Female

Fatigue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatigue   Fatigue EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 12:48 am

Thanx Darkstar.

Yesterday I thought I would don the same clothes as the first photo taken just prior to the op to see if there was any marked changes. I don't think there has been photogenically but I know that there has been in reality.

Feel good

Thanx again
B acupuncture
Back to top Go down
darkstar
Part of the furniture
darkstar

Female
Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2010-01-11

Fatigue Empty
PostSubject: Yay!   Fatigue EmptyThu 14 Jan 2010, 12:37 am

Brilliant! Love what you've done with your photo, btw.

xxx Darkstar Fatigue 446871
Back to top Go down
shortsleeves
Part of the furniture
shortsleeves

Female

Fatigue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatigue   Fatigue EmptyWed 13 Jan 2010, 9:33 pm

I am pleased to report that just after 2 days on the folate/iron tablets I feel a marked difference in my energy level, AND yesterday I didn't even have to have a nanna nap..........but, shhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell anyone.

B acupuncture
Back to top Go down

Fatigue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatigue   Fatigue EmptyWed 13 Jan 2010, 12:39 pm

thanks for that info pf337..

I will definately look into B12...i've had enough of feeling tired..I want to start enjoying my weight loss :-)
Back to top Go down
pf337

Female
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2009-03-02

Fatigue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatigue   Fatigue EmptyWed 13 Jan 2010, 12:35 pm

have you tried the B12 tablet that you lay under your tounge and let it melt. it bypasses your stomach and goes right to your bloodstream......Some people also have B 12 shots......I had great results with the tablt under my tounge. Once B12 gets to your stomach your body cannot absorb it.....Try this. It sure would be worth it. Just google and read up on it for yourself...you will be amazed. By the way B12 comes in two different forms. One starts with a C and the other starts with a M. The M is best.....Sorry it is early here in the US and I need coffee. Take care.
Back to top Go down
shortsleeves
Part of the furniture
shortsleeves

Female

Fatigue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatigue   Fatigue EmptyTue 12 Jan 2010, 8:31 am

Thanks PerthJo.

I was pleased to read your earlier post ONLY because I am feeling the same even though I am only an operation freshwoman. I hope not to be in the same position for very much longer.

I will try your recommendation if these symptons continue. The doctor actually suggested the ones I am taking but that doesn't mean that they are right for me.

B Fatigue 697586
Back to top Go down

Fatigue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatigue   Fatigue EmptyTue 12 Jan 2010, 8:25 am

shortsleeves.

Maybe instead of taking iron tablet try the liquid form...I have no constipation (which I used to get with tablets) and no headache...might be worth a go :-)
Back to top Go down

Fatigue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatigue   Fatigue EmptyTue 12 Jan 2010, 8:23 am

I'm finding that i'm still totally exhausted & lacking energy & motivation.

I had my surgery in Mar 09 so nearly a year ago and was expecting to be bouncing off walls with energy & full of motivation for excercise etc.

My irons dropped down to 4 but my stored iron was great....I had 3x irons shot for 2 week, that bought my iron up to 10..I think I got a bit more energy after the last one but still not great...but then it left again.

I know I dont eat as much iron as I used to but i'm taking Accomin which is a liquid iron/vitamin tonic.

I've been so tired at times that i've closed my shop and just come home to crash..scary stuff...

I went to see my surgeon in Dec and told him about it and he wants me to have full blood works in March...will be interesting to see what the results are and what he has to say...

I'm not enjoying my weight loss as much as I should because i'm too tired and can't be bothered to do anything :-(

Hope it picks up soon...I want to dance on tables Fatigue 314562
Back to top Go down
shortsleeves
Part of the furniture
shortsleeves

Female

Fatigue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatigue   Fatigue EmptyTue 12 Jan 2010, 6:14 am

I haven't thrown myself into anything as I havent had the energy primarily due to the fact of eating less and then the very low blood count which has actually lowered since the operation.

As for consuming the protein shakes, I will NEVER have another one of those again, LOL!!

I may sound a little down at the moment and thats because I am. I guess today has been a trying day for me and so I am just voicing my experience. I still have my chin up though, and will continue on my merry way on the road to skinnydom.

take care all
B Fatigue 63412 acupuncture
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Fatigue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatigue   Fatigue EmptyTue 12 Jan 2010, 5:18 am

The biggest factor in this being tired about week 3 is that you feel so damn good you throw yourself back into life full on. Now your body is still recovering and you are eating close to NOTHING in those first few weeks. Something just has to give. It usally results in being so tired. Hit those vitiamins and if you have a heavy day planed or need that brain to seriously work then consider putting one or 2 optifast or any one of those you like shakes in as morning or afternoon tea. Part of your fluid intake to give you that extra energy.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
darkstar
Part of the furniture
darkstar

Female

Fatigue Empty
PostSubject: Fatigue and general anaesthetic?   Fatigue EmptyTue 12 Jan 2010, 3:41 am

Hi all,

I've had general anaesthetics twice for other things (eye surgery; appendectomy) and both times I found I had a weird burst of manic energy immediately afterwards (about two weeks), followed by a more realistic period of feeling like the living dead (about four weeks). I just decided not to expect too much from myself after any general anaesthetic, but I do tolerate them worse than most...so if this happened to me I wouldn't know whether to blame the new diet or the anaesthetic.
Back to top Go down
shortsleeves
Part of the furniture
shortsleeves

Female

Fatigue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatigue   Fatigue EmptyTue 12 Jan 2010, 2:01 am

Thank you for your kinds wishes.

B
Back to top Go down
my two girls
my two girls

Female
Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-11-10

Fatigue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatigue   Fatigue EmptyTue 12 Jan 2010, 1:52 am

i did feel the same as you in the first 4 weeks but now have alot more energy. I try to remember to take my berrocca performance but i do forget it some days. as of today I can now commence all foods so i guess i will see how i feel when i'm back on normal diet, good luck to you and i hope you are feeling better soon Fatigue 217555
regards, Trish
Back to top Go down
shortsleeves
Part of the furniture
shortsleeves

Female

Fatigue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatigue   Fatigue EmptyTue 12 Jan 2010, 1:23 am

LOL darkstar - loved the warning and here is another recipe, so.................

Warning! This is a recipe for offal. Stop reading now if that grosses you out!

Saute sliced onions, mushrooms and the cleaned livers in a little oil and a splash of white wine. When you are satisfied that the livers are cooked - usually when the mix is dry frying prepare a gravy mix and add to pan with seasoning and some oregano.

May be served with mash potato and cooked bacon rashers

very tasty
enjoy!!
Back to top Go down
darkstar
Part of the furniture
darkstar

Female

Fatigue Empty
PostSubject: Offal recipe: don't read this if it grosses you out...   Fatigue EmptyTue 12 Jan 2010, 1:15 am

Warning! This is a recipe for offal. Stop reading now if that grosses you out!
Hi Shortsleeves,

Yeah... I felt mysteriously but thoroughly shocking with anaemia. Iron tablets also contribute to constipation (fabulous!).

Here's what I do with chicken livers. You might want to scale this down to suit the post-sleeve stomach

Buy about a handful of chicken livers. Clean them (cut out sinewy bits) & cut into fairly even chunks (so they cook in the same time).
Toss livers in:
Oyster sauce: 1 tbsp
Soy sauce: 1 tsp
Dash sesame oil if you like it.

Fry briefly in an oiled pan until they develop a crunchy crust and you're happy with the cookedness of the insides (cut one in half to test the first couple of times).

Possible accompaniments:
-Steamed rice if you're eating it.
-Spring onions. Before you fry the livers, chop into 2 inch lengths (& blanch if you can be bothered). Toss into pan with livers as they approach the end of cooking.
-Sauteed mushrooms to extend the dish (not that you need that). Saute separately and add to livers towards the end of cooking. Too early and the water from the mushrooms spoils the crust on the livers.

Cheap, easy, readily available and I like it. Hope you do, too.
Back to top Go down
shortsleeves
Part of the furniture
shortsleeves

Female

Fatigue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatigue   Fatigue EmptyTue 12 Jan 2010, 1:02 am

HI darkstar,

I am sitting here after taking the second folate/iron tablet (first one yesterday) and have got a shocking headache.

I googled for some information and it seems that this can be a side effect of taking iron - oh lucky me. Now wondering what to do as I don't think i will function if this continues and am already considering giving them up. I will continue for a few days and see if things stablise. I am doing all the right things - fluids etc.

Oh the liver - yes, just so happens I like liver and know of a place in chinatown that bbqs chicken livers - delish!!! May need to make a special trip to purchase some.

take care
B
Back to top Go down
darkstar
Part of the furniture
darkstar

Female

Fatigue Empty
PostSubject: malabsorption?   Fatigue EmptyMon 11 Jan 2010, 11:55 pm

shortsleeves wrote:
Hi there,

I am almost 2 months post op and still feel fatigued and continue to have dizzy spells. HOWEVER, my is due not only from not getting enough nutrition but also from low blood count. My blood count has generally been around 113 (normal is 119 - 165), but today I visited the doctor with a new set of test results, and low and behold, it was 88!!!!!!!!!

Doctor is most concerned and says its a wonder I can function properly. Anyway, folate and iron tablets have been purchased and another bloodtest scheduled for 5 weeks. If there is no improvement, the doctor suggests exploring reasons why this is happening.

Watch this space
B

Hi Shortsleeves,

Let me know how you go with this supplements. I'm pre-op (pre-appointment, actually), but even with 100% of my stomach, and even as a meat eater, I've sometimes managed to become vitamin B12 deficient, and therefore developed a specific kind of anaemia (B12 affects your capacity to absorb iron from the gut). It would be a concern for me if I couldn't absorb B12 / iron properly with only 60% of my stomach...

PS Chicken livers were my saviours. Let me know if you want a recipe. Bloods back up to normal within 4 weeks.
Back to top Go down
The Lady Helena
Part of the furniture
The Lady Helena

Female
Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Fatigue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatigue   Fatigue EmptyMon 11 Jan 2010, 5:19 pm

Hi Janette and Maria, I am exactly the same...sleeping a LOT, but it's all over the place. Feeling fatigued even after 10 hrs sleep, my problem is that my nanna nap can last 2-3 hrs and then there's the waking up at 3am feeling hungry. Am glad to hear that it should settle. Dr T said if it continues past 4 weeks then it would have to be investigated. Still not losing any weight.... Fatigue 697586
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fatigue Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fatigue   Fatigue Empty

Back to top Go down

Fatigue
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next