4 posters
AuthorMessage
megs
megs

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-06-15

Hashimotos Thyroiditis Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hashimotos Thyroiditis   Hashimotos Thyroiditis EmptyMon 22 Feb 2010, 5:42 am

Hi Mum05,
I have an underactive thyroid and am also on 100mg of thyroxine. I have just been sleeved - one week today and have lost 9.5kg.

The only problem I can see is that your levels will have to be checked more regularly as you lose weight, as it will affect the amount of medication you are on.

I also was unable to lose weight after being diagnosed with hypothyroidism 2 years ago, and put on the majority of my excess weight during that time. The thyroxine didn't seem to help at all with weight loss.

Hope this is some help to you, and all the best if you go ahead with your op.
Regards,
Megs
Back to top Go down
Countrygirl
Part of the furniture
Countrygirl

Female
Number of posts : 811
Registration date : 2008-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Hashimotos Thyroiditis   Hashimotos Thyroiditis EmptyMon 01 Feb 2010, 6:50 am

I have an underactive thyroid. Had my op in September 09. So far so good but having a bit of a plateau at the moment for the last 3 weeks. I found I could lose weight but put it back on just as quickly. At least with the sleeve I can't eat my way back up once I have lost it. I still have about 18kgs to go to my goal and sometimes think I will never make it but then I remember all the others before me who said the same thing and by 12 months out are at their goal.

I don't think it impacts negatively with the sleeve. In fact I have never felt better. I would say go for it. Wish I had done it years ago.
Back to top Go down
GoodScout
GoodScout

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Hashimotos Thyroiditis   Hashimotos Thyroiditis EmptyWed 20 Jan 2010, 6:04 pm

mum05 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Does anyone here have hashimotos thyroiditis ? If yes can you please let me know if this operation will be successful ? I am currently on 100m thyroxine and not really having much luck with weight loss. I have struggled all my life, exercise plenty (more than half the skinny people I know).

Thanks.

I dont but my mother does. Don't know that it would affect your surgery, but always good to ask your doctor. If it's controlled with medication, shouldnt be a problem.
Back to top Go down
mum05

Female
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2010-01-04

PostSubject: Hashimotos Thyroiditis   Hashimotos Thyroiditis EmptySun 10 Jan 2010, 2:13 am

Hi everyone,

Does anyone here have hashimotos thyroiditis ? If yes can you please let me know if this operation will be successful ? I am currently on 100m thyroxine and not really having much luck with weight loss. I have struggled all my life, exercise plenty (more than half the skinny people I know).

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hashimotos Thyroiditis   Hashimotos Thyroiditis Empty

Back to top Go down

Hashimotos Thyroiditis
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: