akadano54
15 posters
AuthorMessage
pf337

Female
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2009-03-02

what is your ideal weight? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is your ideal weight?   what is your ideal weight? EmptyTue 12 Jan 2010, 2:19 am

i think if you give your ideal weight a chance, you begin to look better each day. when i reached my ideal weight several people would say things about how bad i looked. i was so happy to be at goal that i tried to keep my weight there. Those same people about a month or so later saw me and thought i looked great. they also thought i had my color back and i had a glow...
Back to top Go down
darkstar
Part of the furniture
darkstar

Female
Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2010-01-11

PostSubject: BMI and the solid frame   what is your ideal weight? EmptyTue 12 Jan 2010, 12:28 am

Hi all,

As Gail knows, my username is "Darkstar" because I weigh heavier than I look. This is also a comment on the BMI and "ideal weights."

At 163cm, my ideal weight should be somewhere between 53 and 66 kg. In 2006, I got down to 66 kg, which is the top of that range. Everyone was convinced I was either anorexic or dying of cancer. I just looked (and was) too thin for my build. 70 kg looked and felt much healthier. This isn't because I have a "large frame," but because I come from a long line of muscly little scrappers.

Don't get frightened by the "ideal" weight. Maintaining any weight that's lower than your pre-op weight will be a fantastic. If I can get down to, and maintain, 70 kg (or almost any weight under 103kg), I'll be happy.

Hope that helps with the "goal weight" heeby jeebies.
Back to top Go down
akadano54
Part of the furniture
akadano54

Female
Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: Re: what is your ideal weight?   what is your ideal weight? EmptyTue 12 Jan 2010, 12:00 am

Hey Smiley80,

I checked out that site and cut and pasted some info for later (just in case). Thanks for posting the link

Akadano54
Back to top Go down
miss
Part of the furniture
miss

Female
Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2009-12-16

PostSubject: Re: what is your ideal weight?   what is your ideal weight? EmptyMon 11 Jan 2010, 11:53 am

Just thought I would post this link up, http://www.personal-nutrition-guide.com/after-weight-loss-surgery.html I haven't really had a good look into this yet but I was really excited when I found this site, it explains alot of stuff, eg- why one hasn't lost any weight or not much weight 1-2 years out of surgury. ect....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=708312072
Tamara
Part of the furniture
Tamara

Female
Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: what is your ideal weight?   what is your ideal weight? EmptyMon 11 Jan 2010, 11:09 am

For my height (163cm) I apparently should be between 55 -66kg. I set my goal for 70kg, and I currently weight a little bit less than that. I probably could lose more weight if I tried, but I figure that my body likes being here as I havent had to do any 'work' to keep it here. I do tend to flucuate up and down a couple of kilos, but Im not worried as I know that it's mostly fluid anyway.

I will be looking into having a tummy tuck once I have another baby, and I figure (like Gail) that I will lose an extra couple of kg that way.
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: what is your ideal weight?   what is your ideal weight? EmptyMon 11 Jan 2010, 10:28 am

Hi All,
Like Bingobutt I am supposed to be between 49 and 53 Yeah right LOL
BUT I will just like the rest of you plod away and then go to see the Wobbly Bits Surgeon and see how much I can lose the other surgical way. I have got a lot of wobbly bits that will need to be seen to.
Bottom line is that I feel pretty good now so anything from here on in can only be considered a bonus.

Seriously 49 Kilos AS IF................that is another 30 kilos and I can't see my body having that much more to be rid of
Back to top Go down
akadano54
Part of the furniture
akadano54

Female

PostSubject: what is your ideal weight   what is your ideal weight? EmptySun 10 Jan 2010, 10:25 pm

Hi all,

After the initial shock and horror, I have settled down and I have decided that I will plod away and lose whatever amount I can. The nearer I get to my ideal weight, the better. I think that I will know when enough is enough and maybe I might (will) want to get down to what the experts say is the ideal weight. I think that I have been so heavy for so long that thinking that 'I cant' is just another one of my excuses that I have used for being fat.

So, thank you for yoursupport and for your encouragement. Whatever amount we lose has to be great, because we have all struggled and we have all taken this big step with commitment and hope for a better life.

Anyway, I want a waist. When I look in the mirror, now, ITS ALL WASTE. LOL

akadano54
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: what is your ideal weight?   what is your ideal weight? EmptySun 10 Jan 2010, 9:14 pm

I am 166 cms.

My ideal weight range is 55-69 kgs (Blackmores)

I have set my goal at 70 kgs. No way I can see me getting under 80 let alone 70 what is your ideal weight? 697586
Back to top Go down
BingoButt

Female
Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2009-11-02

PostSubject: Re: what is your ideal weight?   what is your ideal weight? EmptySun 10 Jan 2010, 10:58 am

Hi Guys

After reading the topic thought I would go check out "My Ideal" for 5'1

Large Frame - 56-63kg
Medium Frame- 52-58 kg
Small Frame - 49-53 kg

I guess I would do backflips if I could reach the Large Frame 63kg mark and anything after that is a bonus.

I do remember being around 58 kg when I was 16. SO 63kg I can only wish for...I would be estatic
Back to top Go down
shifthappens

Female
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2009-10-28

PostSubject: Re: what is your ideal weight?   what is your ideal weight? EmptySat 09 Jan 2010, 9:21 pm

My ideal weight is about 180 pounds. I'm only 5 feet 7 inches so that isn't even close to what the charts say I should weight. But I was at that weight 10 years ago and it was a wonderful size for me. I'm very muscular, very solid build. To weigh much less than that and I'd have to lose a lot of muscle which I don't want to do. However, getting the doctors in this program to agree with me is not going to happen. They believe everyone should fit into the slot the chart has defined for them. I find that almost sad. Even tho I don't want to be mobidly obese, I do want to be "me".

My primary care doctor agrees with me. But he knew me 10 years ago when I was that size. He's suggested taking a picture in to show them what I looked like at that weight. (I don't know if sizes are the same in AZ, but here I wore a size 16.) The problem is that all of the pictures I have of me then are on a computer that's dead and I haven't had time to get it fixed. But once our 28 inches of snow are gone and it's above -7 C (current temp), I will get it in to be fixed. Heck, memory is an odd thing. Maybe once I see one of those 10 year old pictures I'll think they are right.
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: what is your ideal weight?   what is your ideal weight? EmptySat 09 Jan 2010, 2:02 pm

I just checked mine online and at 166cm i'm supposed to be between 54 - 68 kilos. I can only dream at this point in my journey.
Back to top Go down
issi
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: what is your ideal weight?   what is your ideal weight? EmptySat 09 Jan 2010, 11:48 am

The ideal weight range for me 58-72kg according to BMI but my goal is 64kg as that is the weight I had the most ease in maintaining.... lower weights were harder to maintain and that is the weight I would go back up to each time. I think my body liked being 64kg. Right now I wish it didn't prefer being over 80kg!
Back to top Go down
Cuddly Kat
Part of the furniture
Cuddly Kat

Female
Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: what is your ideal weight?   what is your ideal weight? EmptySat 09 Jan 2010, 6:25 am

Hi there akadano54

There are people on this site that have reached amazing goals and some who have got to the 90 kilo mark and are happy there, having improved their health out of site and are enjoying the other benefits of being slimmer.

One of the things I've noticed about goal weights is that when you take into account age, having had kids etc etc, it is roughly your height in cms less 100. So I am 173 cms and would like to be 73 kilos. If you are 5'10" which is about 177 cms then about 77 kilos? Having said that, from a BMI point of view, this is at the top end so if you make it there, then you might reconsider how the 60s look.

I have seen so many pics of people on this site that are into the 60s and 50s and they all look gorgeous so it is such a personal thing what weight you want to get to.

Good luck with your journey
what is your ideal weight? 217555
Back to top Go down
chook00
Part of the furniture
chook00

Female
Number of posts : 339
Registration date : 2008-10-24

PostSubject: Re: what is your ideal weight?   what is your ideal weight? EmptySat 09 Jan 2010, 3:34 am

Hi there

I think you really need to take one day at a time. I was 105 and am 177cm tall, my Dr had set 82kgs as goal, although I wanted to get to 75. On revision with Dr at 6 months they suggested 73.5ish, and well now I am 70.5. I never imagined I would get to this weight and I am very happy to achieved what I have. I have an entirely different outlook on life, eat different foods and exercise where ever possible. I have snacks etc as I don't really want to lose much more, and eat a balanced diet and if I want some junk food enjoy it, but enjoy the fact that a kids meal is sill too much!

Good luck with your journey, everyone is different, so don't worry about the outcome just enjoy the ride!

Chook
Back to top Go down
bella3
bella3

Female
Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: what is your ideal weight?   what is your ideal weight? EmptyFri 08 Jan 2010, 7:28 am

Hi Lib

In a typical day, could you say how much and what you are currently eating now ur at goal :)

I would be happy with being between 80-70 but would be exstatic to get into the 60's!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what is your ideal weight?   what is your ideal weight? EmptyFri 08 Jan 2010, 7:11 am

akadano54

I'm 176cm and my dr's goal weight for me is 80kgs. I was the same weight as you (113kg)

My lowest i've been to is 68kg before children...and I was 70kg after children...

I would love to be around 75kg (after I've had some lose skin removed) but wouldnt want to be any lighter than that .
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: what is your ideal weight?   what is your ideal weight? EmptyFri 08 Jan 2010, 7:05 am

I never thought I'd be in the 50's but I am!! I was 108kg and am just off 58kg's. No idea of my height in feet but I am 165cmish.
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: what is your ideal weight?   what is your ideal weight? EmptyFri 08 Jan 2010, 6:47 am

I think when we have been overweight for so long anything in the 60s looks unattainable.

Gosh if your supposed to be 66 then I would have to be about 60 as i'm 5'6". I haven't looked. I just know I would love to get to 71 as I know that is what I was when I fell pregnant and put on 35 kilos whilst pregnant.

Of course it's doable. Just check out some of the photos in the gallery. That will show you what can be achieved.

what is your ideal weight? 217555
Back to top Go down
akadano54
Part of the furniture
akadano54

Female

PostSubject: what is your ideal weight?   what is your ideal weight? EmptyFri 08 Jan 2010, 4:27 am

Hi everyone,

Today I went on line to look to see what weight I am "supposed to be" for my age height etc. What a shock! I am still in shock. Cant believe that I am "supposed" to be that skinny. I read several sites which talked about different measurment tools and used a couple that are designed to calculate for women. I am 5'10" in old measurement (I'm of the old school) and should be 142-156 lbs or somewhere around 66.7 kgs, depending upon which scale I used. 66.7kgs - hell! Can I do it?????? Do I want to be that skinny????? Nope.

Am I back peddling, do you think? I am booked to be sleeved on 3/3/10 and think that I am committed to shedding the extra weight, but wonder how much is enough?

I was thinking that perhaps 'the food devil' is chatting in my ear and trying to turn me off, so I have asked the 'weight fairy' to come help me get on track with my goals. Has anyone else been frightened of the suppoed ideal weight numbers? What do you reckon would be ideal for me? I had thought that I wanted to get down to somewhere between 80 and 85 kgs. I'm 55 years old and had have 6 children and over 30 years to put the excess weight (113kgs) on. Maybe, I am just having a bad day and I feeling sorry for myself for being 46kgs overweight.

akadano54
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what is your ideal weight?   what is your ideal weight? Empty

Back to top Go down

what is your ideal weight?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: