AuthorMessage
melbell
Part of the furniture
melbell

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2010-01-23

Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too   Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too EmptyWed 10 Feb 2010, 11:30 am

hey bigred (michelle)
just wondering how your going after your op
mel
Back to top Go down
akadano54
Part of the furniture
akadano54

Female
Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2009-12-23

PostSubject: keeping it under wraps   Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too EmptyTue 05 Jan 2010, 10:22 pm

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for those comments. It is a personal journey and I have had enough of negativity to last two life times. The heat does affect me too, especially since I came to Qld from down south, plus my old friend Arthur Ritus, visits a lot. I am afraid, you know, that I will change and not 'know' myself any more. I know that that is a stupid thing to say, but it is true. I am scared that I will be so different and after being told....bla....bla for so long, I wonder what will be said in the next chapter. No wonder they send us off to see a psychologist. I think that I must be nuts! lol

Nice chatting, I feel relieved to know that others are out there, feeling the same and thinking the same. Encouragement is what we (I) need. Thak you,

Akadano54 (Alex)
Back to top Go down
BigRed
BigRed

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-12-15

PostSubject: Keeping it under wraps   Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too EmptyTue 05 Jan 2010, 9:12 pm

I too have only told my husband and 2 close friends. My husband is very supportive as he can see how the heat affects me and that my health is beginning suffer. Sometimes people can be very cruel when they no longer have you in the box of "big friend". I think this is such a personal journey because along with the surgery comes your previous baggage of the constant weight battle. Now on a bright note - come Xmas we should be all looking gorgeous in our new bodies and be able to provide support and encouragement to "newbies" in the future.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheers
BigRed (aka Michelle)
Back to top Go down
akadano54
Part of the furniture
akadano54

Female

PostSubject: Keeping it under wraps   Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too EmptyTue 05 Jan 2010, 7:12 am

Hi pappy,

I havent told anyone, apart from one friend, who told me about the procedure, in the first place. She works with Dr Bovey, sometimes and recommended him. I have not told my husband as things are rocky, anyway, and I dont know if he will even be around in March. I am not going to tell anyone else and I will cross the bridge of explaining the weight loss, when it comes. I want to do this for me and like you, I dont want anything negative to be said. My friend is very supportive and she is going to come to see Dr with me and I think that she will be in the theatre when I have the op. I feel blessed to have her, there for me. Will you be in the Mater, too? I feel better, even relieved th know that your date is the same as mine. Cheers,

Alex
Back to top Go down
mum23

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: another newbie.   Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too EmptyTue 05 Jan 2010, 6:45 am

hey alex and a warm welcome. i too am to be sleeved on the 3rd all going well. yep i am a little scared too, but more so to stay like this..... you have come to a great place for info and friendship.... i am keeping my sleeve under wraps, as i dont want the negative crap with family so forth. i just want to deals with things in my own way .,,, my imediate family know and support me, my hubby and best mate was a little concerned after my visit with bovey. i could tell the body language lol.. nice to meet you and hope to talk again soon.... Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too 217555
Back to top Go down
akadano54
Part of the furniture
akadano54

Female

PostSubject: I'm a Newbie too   Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too EmptyTue 05 Jan 2010, 5:25 am

Hi all, my name is Alexandra (Alex). I am contiplating a sleeve and have booked 3/3/2010 with Dr Bovey. I would love to meet someone (hi, Luvs, hi Pappy) from Townsville who has/is going to have the op with Dr Bovey. I am full of fears, questions and excitement. I currently weigh 113kgs and have yo yoed all my adult life and I am a the stage where is it impacting upon me physically as well as emotionally. I keep myself motivated by thinking of being able to wear jeans by christmas. I am finding it hard to navigate this site, but that is becasue I am computer challenged. Hopefully, I will be able to find my way back here. Cheers, to you ; and I send wishes for a great new year (life) for us all.
Back to top Go down
BigRed
BigRed

Female

PostSubject: Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too   Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too EmptyMon 04 Jan 2010, 7:37 am

Hi everyone. Thanks so much for your encouraging words.

Hey Sunland had a look at your diary which was full of soooo much info - many of which i had questions about. just out of curiosity - what did your anaesthetist charge? I am sure I have spelt that word wrong! I don't know who mine will be. I haven't heard from the hospital yet either but I am sure that will come shortly.

Hi Roz (aka Luvs). I have an 11 year old and those same thoughts have been crossing my mind however have decided if I wait until she is older I may not be here. I know how disheartening the diet yoyo is but I am sure that this step will be such a lifechanging experience and that yoyo will well and truly be kicked to the #$*&house. I will be thinking of you on 13 January and all the very best of good luck with the op. I used to live in Townsville and still have close friends up there. I see you have been getting a fair bit of rain.

Cheers
BigRed (aka Michelle)
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too   Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too EmptySun 03 Jan 2010, 6:37 am

Hello and welcome Roz.

Oh the joys of dieting. You go to all that hard work and lose a substantial amount of weight only to put on double. Story of my life.

Hopefully I will never know that feeling again of putting on double what I have lost.

Well 13th of Jan isn't far away now and I bet your so excited after waiting for you PHI to kick in.

Good luck with the pre op diet and keep us updated on how you are going.

Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too 217555
Back to top Go down
mum23

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: another newbie   Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too EmptySun 03 Jan 2010, 5:00 am

hey roz ...alias luvs, welcome to the forum what a great place it is, i too am with peter bovey what a nice man. i am looking at early feb for my sleeve. nice to hear of another of boveys gals from far nrth qld. and i agree with you when you just got to do whats best,for the better you...anyway heres to a thinner year
Back to top Go down
Luvs
Luvs

Female
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2010-01-03

PostSubject: Hi to all   Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too EmptySun 03 Jan 2010, 3:38 am

My names Roz
my friends online call me Luvs ('Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too 355206')

I contemplated weight loss surgery about 5 years ago initially but because of the age of my children and my constant "what if something went wrong, and this is a voluntary operation , who will love and care for my children , blah blah etc., etc. I backed off the thought ..and dieted instead ,i lost 22 kg but as always lost 20 slowly gained 40 ..its been a viscious circle like that for me since I was 18 or so thinking I was fat at (what I now know was a "trim, sexy biatch" ) 64 kg weight.
Ive got to a stage now where my children are now 14 and 16 and I just need to do this.I decided to have gastric sleeve done over 12 months back but had to wait for my insurance to kick in and a good time that fit in with my family and my work. Eventually i set the date at January 13th 2010. My surgeon will be Dr Bovey in Townsville.
I lost about 18 kilos since about January 2009 but as always went a little offtrack and started to put it back on. I decided i needed to kick my ass back into it about a month ago and went on the Atkins Diet. I only lost a few kilos but at least I was going back in the right direction again. My beginning weight was 175 kg and a few days back my wieght was 160 kgs.
Anyway , if you'd like to chat with me , and share some of your thoughts and also your milestones through your journey to a better you ...id be happy as ..
Anyway ,,nice to meet you all and good luck !!('kiss')
Back to top Go down
cosmic1
Part of the furniture
cosmic1

Female
Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2009-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too   Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too EmptySat 02 Jan 2010, 10:38 pm

Welcome BigRed,

Yep it's hard not to join here after lurking ... I know! Now this is my first stop when I log in. I haven't been to dietician yet but have also started my pre-op diet, today is day 2 for me. But it's all worth it in the end and I'm hoping my liver is small and non troublesome so I can get my sleeve with no worries!!

You start a diary the same way you started this topic, easy pesy! So over to the diary section you go :) See ya round the boards!
Back to top Go down
sunland
Sponsor
sunland

Male
Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too   Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too EmptySat 02 Jan 2010, 8:02 pm

Hi BigRed,

I was sleeved by Dr Greenslade at Greenslopes 10 months ago..I was his #14 th sleeve so although he was quite inexperienced at the time, everything worked out brilliantly..My ticker doesn't tell the whole story as my weightloss has slowed a lot over the past couple of months...mind you..I am still loosing although slowly..

Read my diary, especially the early part..this forum is quite adictive!!

All the best, you won't know yourself in 6 months..

Cya

Greg
Back to top Go down
Raingold
Part of the furniture
Raingold

Female
Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too   Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too EmptySat 02 Jan 2010, 10:41 am

Hi bigred! Welcome and lovely to meet you!
I've only been here a short while myself, but this is a fantastic place and the people are so helpful and supportive. There's a wealth of information all over the place!!
Optifast is one of the many Brain Games I think we have to play.
All is good.
gooo 2010!!
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too   Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too EmptySat 02 Jan 2010, 10:16 am

Hey bigred..... welcome.... and good luck with your procedure.... yep 2010 is going to be a good year for a lot of people!
Back to top Go down
Sharon66
Part of the furniture
Sharon66

Female
Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2009-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too   Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too EmptySat 02 Jan 2010, 10:13 am

Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too 355206 BigRed,
Welcome to the forum...
Everything you need is right here,if not just ask...
All the best for your op,this will be your year...

Take Care
Sharon
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too   Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too EmptySat 02 Jan 2010, 9:32 am

Hi Bigred and welcome to this fantastic forum.

If you've been lurking for 4 months then you realise what an awesome site this is. Lots and lots of info and support.

Good luck with starting your pre preop diet.

Bring on 2010 as it's gonna be a FAB year.

Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too 217555
Back to top Go down
BigRed
BigRed

Female

PostSubject: Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too   Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too EmptySat 02 Jan 2010, 9:09 am

After looking at this website for 4months now, thought I would introduce myself.

I am booked in for a sleeve on 1 February 2010 at Greenslopes Hospital (surgeon - Dr Greenslade) and am starting to get really excited. The nerves haven't hit - yet!

I have been to see a dietician and am starting a pre-Optifast diet on Monday. I am hoping that it might make the transition to the Optifast a little easier??? See how I go.

This site is so fabulous - very empowering and full of positive energy and information.

I look forward to corresponding with you all over this journey. 2010 is going to be a fabulous year!

I must try and work out how to start a diary - I am completely computer illiterate.

Happy New Year to all
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too   Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too Empty

Back to top Go down

Another newbie - thought I would introduce myself too
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: