Australian Gastric Sleeve Support Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finally introducing myself...7 days to go!

Go down 
+5
Janette
Ready2BHealthy
Libby
mapmar
kimba
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Raingold
Part of the furniture
Raingold

Female
Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Finally introducing myself...7 days to go! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finally introducing myself...7 days to go!   Finally introducing myself...7 days to go! EmptySat 02 Jan 2010, 10:45 am

Hi Kimba
Your op is 3 days before mine, so I sure understand your nerves! I'm trying not to think too much about it just yet... but getting more excited every day.
I find now that I'm managing on the Optifast, and it's not as bad as I'd thought. Amazing how the mind changes when food intake is limited!!
Best wishes with your surgery and I'll be gleefully reading your posts too!
Back to top Go down
Sharon66
Part of the furniture
Sharon66

Female
Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2009-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Finally introducing myself...7 days to go!   Finally introducing myself...7 days to go! EmptySat 02 Jan 2010, 8:07 am

Hi again Kimba,
I had my band removed in September...
Now my tummy is all ready for the sleeve...
Bad news is I have put on 6kgs (Not Happy About That)...
But I look at it this way,for nearly 2 years I could not get any food in(band problems)so I guess 6kgs is not to bad...
Bring on February,I will let you know my date when I see my surgeon in January.

Keep in touch
Sharon.
Back to top Go down
kimba
kimba

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Finally introducing myself...7 days to go!   Finally introducing myself...7 days to go! EmptySat 02 Jan 2010, 7:48 am

Finally introducing myself...7 days to go! 618285
Thanks so much everybody for your wonderful responses...it truly is so comforting to know so many people are here to support me!

And Libby - I definitely need to start a diary - will do that! Our stories are almost identical it's scary...I just hope I do as fantabulous as you with the weight loss!

This site is amazing and I am totally addicted to reading it! If not once, at least 2 or 3 times a day!!!!

Geminiruby - you are so right, as surgery is voluntary I question it all - however if the doc said you need to have **** done for a reason, I would have no hesitations - what the mind can do hey!

Janette, I definitely tend to agree that the bars are more filling and I usually have 2 a day and a shake for breaky. Am so over the "diet" food tho I must say!

Sharon, will be great to hear how you go - and I agree, bring on the huge weight loss for us both!!! Are they doing the sleeve at the same time as they are removing the band for you?

Well lovely to chat to ya all! Thanks again so much... Now only 6 nights to go!

Talk soon kiss
Back to top Go down
Sharon66
Part of the furniture
Sharon66

Female
Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2009-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Finally introducing myself...7 days to go!   Finally introducing myself...7 days to go! EmptySat 02 Jan 2010, 1:27 am

Finally introducing myself...7 days to go! 355206 Kimba,
Not long to go,I to am going from band to sleeve in Febuary...
This time girlfriend, we are going to get results(Huge Weight Loss)...
2010 is going to be our year woo hoo Finally introducing myself...7 days to go! 542174

All The Best
Sharon
Back to top Go down
geminiruby
geminiruby

Female
Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Finally introducing myself...7 days to go!   Finally introducing myself...7 days to go! EmptyFri 01 Jan 2010, 10:47 pm

Hi Kimba and welcome,
Your surgery fears are natural, when we are voluntarily going under the knife and anaesthesia we feel unsure, but please don't have any doubts about the sleeve. It is the best thing you are doing for your health.
I too had the band, it was great when it was working, but due to trauma to my stomach and liver it didn't work. The sleeve has given me a new lease on life and I am only 4 and a 1/2 weeks post op but know this is the right thing for a healthy future.
Wishing you all the best for the 8th. Finally introducing myself...7 days to go! 217555
Keep reading the forum, there are men and women on here with great knowledge and inspiration to help you on your journey.
Cheers,
Kris
Back to top Go down
mum23

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: 7 days to go   Finally introducing myself...7 days to go! EmptyFri 01 Jan 2010, 9:59 pm

hey kimba and welcome to the bible...lol such a great place to become a part of.. i browse most days, as i am booked for the 3rd of feb... i too am a little scared ... i did think the band was probly the way to go ,but have been converted .. so once again welcome Finally introducing myself...7 days to go! 217555
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Finally introducing myself...7 days to go!   Finally introducing myself...7 days to go! EmptyFri 01 Jan 2010, 9:42 pm

Hi Kimba and welcome to the forum.

Not long to go now, the second week of Optifast is much better than the first.
I found the hunger disappeared, and I was eating more bars than having shakes, they are better and at least you got something to chew on.......LOL

You will be just fine, and you will love your new sleeve just like we all do.
I am 19 days post op and its definitely the best decision I could have made for my health, which has improved no end, already!

Wishing you well with your surgery. Finally introducing myself...7 days to go! 217555
Back to top Go down
Ready2BHealthy
Ready2BHealthy

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Finally introducing myself...7 days to go!   Finally introducing myself...7 days to go! EmptyFri 01 Jan 2010, 5:07 pm

Welcome Kimba!

Good luck to you on the 8th. My surgeon said that he removes more Lapbands then he puts in since the Sleeve is so successful. Sorry to hear that you and Libby had problems with the Lapband. The band was my original goal but after hearing the horor stories I changed my mind. I know you will do great in 7 days!
Keep us posted.
Happy New Year!
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Finally introducing myself...7 days to go!   Finally introducing myself...7 days to go! EmptyFri 01 Jan 2010, 11:35 am

Hi Kimba and welcome,

Looks like you too will have a wonderful 2010. Fortunately I didnt have to do the Optifast stage but I can still feel your pain. Just think, it's only 7 days. In the big scheme of things thats nothing.

It's amazing how quickly you become addicted to this forum isn't it. I come on everyday, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day but it's full of so much information and support that I can't help it.

Isn't it good to know that you aren't the only one to fail with the lap band. I was so happy to see others on here that it didn't work for. As sad as that is.

Don't forget to start your own diary.

Finally introducing myself...7 days to go! 217555
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Finally introducing myself...7 days to go!   Finally introducing myself...7 days to go! EmptyFri 01 Jan 2010, 11:32 am

Welcome Kimba..... 7 days to go...woo hoo! I have just had mine 2 1/2 weeks ago and it is fabulous! You will be fine! Looking forward to hearing how you go....also start a diary if you can so we can keep an eye on you... you know we are all sticky beaks!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
kimba
kimba

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Finally introducing myself...7 days to go!   Finally introducing myself...7 days to go! EmptyFri 01 Jan 2010, 11:24 am

Hi everybody - I have been reading this forum for the last couple of months (religiously as my hubby keeps telling me!) and thought I should finally write about myself on here! I have 7 days to go and am struggling on optifast (or spew as it is so nicely referred to!) but I do know that it isn't long now!

I, like many on here, have had the lap band which didn't work for me and after lots of problems, had it removed in October, so here I am 3 months later about to have the sleeve! Very nervous, anxious etc etc...like everyone! Not only for the sleeve to work (Libby, my story is almost identical to yours - even to the cheating part - lol!) but also the surgery...

But, after so many success stories on here, I am willing to give it a go!

Anyway, I will no doubt add as time goes on but I just want everyone to know that I absolutely love reading about their stories! It gives me such faith in what I am about to do...

Will keep you updated as I go!

Bye for now xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally introducing myself...7 days to go!   Finally introducing myself...7 days to go! Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally introducing myself...7 days to go!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: