AuthorMessage
Raingold
Part of the furniture
Raingold

Female
Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2009-12-30

Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy!   Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy! EmptyFri 01 Jan 2010, 5:54 am

Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy! 217555 to all of you!
Back to top Go down
Ready2BHealthy
Ready2BHealthy

Female
Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy!   Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy! EmptyFri 01 Jan 2010, 2:15 am

Hi Raingold!
We need to keep intouch. You will be having your surgery 8 days before me. We will probably be going through the same stages together.
Look forward to keeping in touch.
R2BH or Theresa
Back to top Go down
Sharon66
Part of the furniture
Sharon66

Female
Number of posts : 715
Registration date : 2009-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy!   Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy! EmptyFri 01 Jan 2010, 1:30 am

Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy! 355206 Raingold,Happy New Year!.
Welcome all the best with your op,not long to go..
Your going to look hot in 2010.

Take Care,
Sharon.
Back to top Go down
Raingold
Part of the furniture
Raingold

Female

PostSubject: Re: Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy!   Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy! EmptyThu 31 Dec 2009, 5:27 am

Wow! what a welcome! Thanks!! :D
I feel better already. I got this real bad habit of turning molehills into mountains. Need a kick in the pants every now and then. Tough love is good! I think the only thing that I worry about, which my partner says I'm an idiot [lovingly of course!] is that something is gonna happen and the op won't happen! So, please excuse my not jinxing myself. I'll talk about surgeons n stuff after sleeving!! I have started a diary. Did that this morning too. Not right from the beginning tho. That was when I heard on the news a coupla years ago that the government was going to financially support lapband surgery. They lied. But, it gave me the incentive to think about it. Then a friend of mine had banding done. I watched her progress. She's also now got a 12 week old daughter. She wants to know about this sleeve too, so I'll be helping her out a bit aswell. One of my many Sleeving reasons, is that I'd have a long trip, [550kreturn] for every banding visit. I'm hoping there won't be as many with a sleeve? Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy! 697586 Thanks for your support already. I knew I'd done the right thing.
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy!   Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy! EmptyThu 31 Dec 2009, 3:03 am

Welcome to this fabulous forum....... So you are going to have a fantastic 2010!

Can I ask who your surgeon is?
Back to top Go down
cosmic1
Part of the furniture
cosmic1

Female
Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2009-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy!   Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy! EmptyThu 31 Dec 2009, 1:47 am

Hey and welcome.

I'm getting my sleeve at the end of Jan and can't wait. You already know how fantastic the people on this site are, and it's so welcoming and helpful that I'm sure you'll be logging in each day to check on everyone :) You might want to start your own diary, I have and it's great to read everyone else's so you know the kinds of things to expect.

Not long to go now - good luck with your journey!
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy!   Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy! EmptyThu 31 Dec 2009, 1:45 am

Welcome welcome welcome and Hi

There is lots of support here so anything you need to ask then ask someone is always willing to help well really we all are ready to help look forward to reading of your journey

Cheers Sue Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy! 63412
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
tarnz
Part of the furniture
tarnz

Female
Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy!   Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy! EmptyThu 31 Dec 2009, 12:19 am

Welcome to this brilliant forum not long to your op date very exciting looking forard to heaing more from you

Tarnz
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy!   Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy! EmptyWed 30 Dec 2009, 11:48 pm

Hello and welcome,

I love this forum and get on everyday to see how everyone is going. Hopefully you will become a regular reader as well.

Congrats on your upcoming surgery.

Keep us updated on how your progressing.

2010 is gonna be a great year.

Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy! 217555
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy!   Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy! EmptyWed 30 Dec 2009, 11:42 pm

Hi Raingold and welcome to the forum.

Congratulations on your decision to be sleeved and you don't have long now.
Once you start Opti, the time seems to fly.

The forum is a wealth of information.
Back to top Go down
Tamara
Part of the furniture
Tamara

Female
Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy!   Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy! EmptyWed 30 Dec 2009, 11:35 pm

Welcome to the forum Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy! 542174

Well done on making such an important decision and taking charge of your health - I truly wish you all the best on your journey to not only a healthier, but hopefully happier you.

xx
Tamara
Back to top Go down
The Lady Helena
Part of the furniture
The Lady Helena

Female
Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy!   Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy! EmptyWed 30 Dec 2009, 11:30 pm

Hello Raingold and welcome aboard! This forum has helped me countless times through everyone sharing their knowledge and experiences...I know it'll be the same for you. Congratulations on your op date...what a great start to the new year! Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy! 542174
Take care,
Back to top Go down
Raingold
Part of the furniture
Raingold

Female

PostSubject: Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy!   Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy! EmptyWed 30 Dec 2009, 10:59 pm

Almost happy new year! I'm new here. I have spent many hours browsing anonymously already. It seems like so many of my little niggles have already been answered, but I want to say Hi. I've been a larger person all my life, hovering around the 100kg mark for a few years, but it really got out of control once I had a double whammy of quitting smoking and early menopause 4 years ago. Boy, did I balloon! At my surgeon's visit, I was 131kg at 164cm. [You know, it takes an awful lot to admit that!] and would love to get back to around 70kg. Got mega back pains now, find it hard to walk long distances, snore [according to my parner] and am constantly tired. So, anyway, I have an operation date of 11th January 2010 for a Sleeve! This is soooo exciting - and scary! Not far now! And I'm on day 4 of the Optifast diet, so I'm well into the countdown phase. I think this site will be a real help and I'm looking forward to chatting with you all at some stage. All I can think at the moment, is "thank goodness you're here!!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy!   Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy! Empty

Back to top Go down

Beginning my journey - ohhhhhhhh boy!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: