applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female
Number of posts : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Problems with Meds and tiredness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problems with Meds and tiredness   Problems with Meds and tiredness EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 4:57 pm

Natures Own odourless omega 3 ultra super strength fish oil 1 a day. BUT I know there is now about 3 different brands making them. The health food shop is where I got them. Just double check they are the full dose in 1 a day capsule.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
Jezzybel
Part of the furniture
Jezzybel

Female
Number of posts : 242
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Meds and tiredness   Problems with Meds and tiredness EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 3:29 pm

On the subject of meds:
- For those having trouble swallowing their reflux tablets post-op, my mum (who's 3 weeks out from surgery) got a script for Zoton, which are granules you dissolve in water, in place of her Somac.
- Fruche has been a godsend for me. I take 8 tablets daily atm, and I've found a teeny bit of Fruche is the perfect consistency to help them slide down without the gross feeling I was getting before.
- Applesauce, can I ask what brand the fish oil you found was? I stopped taking mine post-op, but I'd like to start again, and 1 would be better than 4 daily :)
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Meds and tiredness   Problems with Meds and tiredness EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 3:27 pm

The only tabs ive hd a little problem swallowing is my multi vitaim but getting use to it the rest of my meds are all quite small but im lucky ive come off so many and am only on i diabetic tab my multivitamin anti depressent down 2 one and now 1 sleeper wonderful. But i will go see my pharmacist he is very good thanks applesauce you really are a wealth of infomation and i appreciate it thankyou

Cheers Sue :)
Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Meds and tiredness   Problems with Meds and tiredness EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 3:13 pm

you tend to feel full from your pills to start with if they are horse tablets. I use a small 150gram tub of yoghurt to take my morning meds and wait about 30 minutes after I have dinner to take my dinner time meds. Those are the ones that are meant to be taken with food. I also made sure I shopped around for the smallest brand of any tablets I took. Metaformin is still a horse pill tho *LOL* BUT I take fish oil and manged to find a mega dose tablet that is the same size as ones I took before surgery and is only ONE tablet a day where I was taking 6 before for the same amount. One bit of advise here your doctor is usally the last person to ask for advise on meds, yes I know sounds strange but the reality is your pharmacist will be far more upto date on what brands out there are small and do the same job or can be disoved or you can now take without food or say with a mouthful of milk. which works as well as food for quiet a few tablets. Once you have the infor from your pharmacist then take it to your doctor. A good idea to see you GP before surgery and get a good pain killer, something for stomach acid like somac that way you have them if you need them when you leave hospital. Nothing is a bigger pain in the ass or the place you want to NOT be than a doctors surgery when you just come out of hospital. Especially in winter all those germs.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Meds and tiredness   Problems with Meds and tiredness EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 10:05 am

Thanks guys

im having enough protien so will just lower my meds till blood tests come back and see from there i go back to see doc on tuesday but if anything is urgent she will ring me at home so will let you know after tuesday

Thanks again cheers Sue :)
Back to top Go down
nicolev1969
Top Poster
Top Poster
nicolev1969

Female
Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Meds and tiredness   Problems with Meds and tiredness EmptySat 26 Jul 2008, 9:42 am

Hi sue,

Are you getting enough protein, i felt tired for a few days so i added a little more protein into my day and made sure i took my vitamins(which I had been forgetting) and i seem to feel a bit better.

Just a thought!!!

Nicole ☀
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Meds and tiredness   Problems with Meds and tiredness EmptyFri 25 Jul 2008, 8:24 pm

Hey, Sue
Sorry to hear you're feeling lousy, but Applesauce is right - week 3 seems to be the tiring week.
I'm still feeling a bit like that, but I've been sick for the last 3 weeks, so that's partly why.
As for meds, I can't remember if I told you, but I had to stop taking them all because I couldn't swallow them, and now I'm on just a few. I told the doc I wanted to review all the rest, and if not having them wouldn't kill me, I'd stay off them until blood tests confirmed what I still need to take or not. She agreed, hesitantly, but I was adamant.
So now I still have my glaucoma eye drops, my asthma puffers, the anti-reflux meds that the surgeon put me on, and painkillers - oh, and antibiotics for the bug I've got. Sounds like a lot, right? Well, believe me, it's not - I've lost all the diabetes meds, a couple of kidney pills, the cholesterol and thyroid meds, and a couple of others that I don't recall right now. I might have to go back on some of them, but if I do, it will be after making sure I still need them.
Good luck with yours - my blood tests are next week, and the verdict will come the week after.
Chris
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Meds and tiredness   Problems with Meds and tiredness EmptyFri 25 Jul 2008, 12:19 pm

Thanks Applesauce hopefully thats all it is and im not overdosing on my meds i try to have nourishing fluids as well but i must confess not everyday im having between 100 to 150mls ameal

Back to top Go down
applesauce
Top Poster
Top Poster
applesauce

Female

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Meds and tiredness   Problems with Meds and tiredness EmptyFri 25 Jul 2008, 12:15 pm

Very normal to hit a wall about week 3. For most here it is when they go from nourising liquids to mushie foods. the do not realise that they more than half their calorie intake as so little real food can be taken in along with feeling well enough to resume close to normal activity. I usally suggest keeping in 1 or 2 noursing liquids per day until you are utp 200ml in volume with your meals.

applesauce
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female

PostSubject: Problems with Meds and tiredness   Problems with Meds and tiredness EmptyFri 25 Jul 2008, 11:25 am

Hi all

My first two weeks after being sleeved were great full of energy etc but the last week and a half ive been constantly tired dizzy and feeling faint. Thought it might of been the Diabetes at first but my levels are fine down to one Gylade a day. Doc as of today has taken blood tests and got me to cut down on my anti depressent meds and sleepers in case maybe the meds are taking longer to get out of my system cause i have the smaller tummy and weight loss so thats wat il do and see if that makes a difference. Has anyne else found any difference with meds after having being sleeved? Ihavent even been on the computer much its all to much of an effort.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Meds and tiredness   Problems with Meds and tiredness Empty

Back to top Go down

Problems with Meds and tiredness
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: