AuthorMessage
The Lady Helena
Part of the furniture
The Lady Helena

Female
Number of posts : 303
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Weight gain immediately post op Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weight gain immediately post op   Weight gain immediately post op EmptySun 31 Jan 2010, 11:20 pm

Hi Issi, I was gobsmacked when I put on the 3kgs that I did in the hospital...no one had warned me that could happen...but it went eventually, and my stomach had 'deflated' so I'm very happy at the moment. Another thing that happened to me was a plateau of 3 and a half weeks just two weeks post op....I am getting there slower than I thought I could but at least this time I will get there! As of yesterday I have lost 10% of my weight, my blood pressure is down to 120/80 and I have lost 25% of my excess weight....so it's all good! Weight gain immediately post op 542174
Back to top Go down
issi
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Weight gain immediately post op   Weight gain immediately post op EmptySat 30 Jan 2010, 6:11 pm

I am so relieved to read this post I felt like I was the only person to ever leave hospital heavier than they went in and 2 weeks post op now weigh 300g more than day of surgery even though I'm following their diet. It's so hard to see the scales go down but then come right back up on official weigh day. Good to see you have alllost weight in the end I was begining to regret not having the bypass offered when I saw no weight loss.
Back to top Go down
pf337

Female
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2009-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Weight gain immediately post op   Weight gain immediately post op EmptyMon 28 Dec 2009, 1:43 pm

This is so cool....You gained weight due to water and it came off right away....many times in the past i have blamed my weight gain on water weight and it never came off. can you believe how wonderful our lives are. true water weight. You have done soooo well. I hope you r better. your weight loss has been great. I am almost nine months out and everthing has changed. My family and I just returned from a crazy Christmas trip. My husband wanted to see EVERYONE in both of our families....We just got back and I have so much to do....kicker is.....i have all the energy i need to get it done. We had a great Christmas. We miss those in our family who were here last Christmas and not this year but we all agree they are in a much better place. I hope you had a good one too....Now we are getting ready for a new year....This year i will.....(not sure yet but thank goodness my main goal is not to lose weight)..take care. pf337
Back to top Go down
Shanna
Sponsor
Shanna

Female
Number of posts : 633
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Weight gain immediately post op   Weight gain immediately post op EmptyMon 28 Dec 2009, 1:25 pm

I must have broken a record- I gained 17 pounds of fluid in the hospital- lost it in less than a week. Now I am down a total of 90 pounds (not counting the seventeen) so not to worry. Just watch your salt intake for a couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Weight gain immediately post op   Weight gain immediately post op EmptyTue 22 Dec 2009, 11:08 pm

YES.............WTG Shannon Weight gain immediately post op 542174 Weight gain immediately post op 542174 Weight gain immediately post op 542174
Back to top Go down
The Lady Helena
Part of the furniture
The Lady Helena

Female

PostSubject: Re: Weight gain immediately post op   Weight gain immediately post op EmptyTue 22 Dec 2009, 10:47 pm

I think the drought has broken....the scales have started moving and it's very exciting!!
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341

PostSubject: Re: Weight gain immediately post op   Weight gain immediately post op EmptyTue 22 Dec 2009, 8:38 pm

LOL yes I think I have gone in survival mode..........LOL
Gained 700 gms yesterday and this morning still 600 gms above Monday's weight!
I am sure there is a settling down period, while you body gets used to our new tiny tummy.

Hang in there................ Weight gain immediately post op 217555 Weight gain immediately post op 217555
Back to top Go down
The Lady Helena
Part of the furniture
The Lady Helena

Female

PostSubject: Re: Weight gain immediately post op   Weight gain immediately post op EmptyTue 22 Dec 2009, 11:17 am

Thanks everyone...I had a moment of panic and thought 'what the...?' I knew you guys could offer explanations...must remember to chill and let my body do it's thang! Thanks... D'oh
Back to top Go down
tracey
Sponsor
tracey

Female
Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Weight gain immediately post op   Weight gain immediately post op EmptyMon 21 Dec 2009, 8:44 pm

Hey Shannon, I put on 4 kilos whilst in hospital so don't panic just yet. If you find after a couple weeks theres still no losses, then definately get in touch with your surgeon as there may be some problems with fluid.

Failing is our biggest fear, cause everything else has failed for us, right? Try not to worry and keep those fluids up.

hugs
tracey
Back to top Go down
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: Weight gain immediately post op   Weight gain immediately post op EmptyMon 21 Dec 2009, 8:16 pm

There is also the lil fact that you just had major surgery honey and the swelling inside is pretty huge!! My tummy was huge for about 3 weeks after, then I saw it drop :)

I know its frustrating, but pls dont feel like a failure, give it a bit of time

xx
Back to top Go down
OpusKV626
Part of the furniture

Male
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Weight gain immediately post op   Weight gain immediately post op EmptyMon 21 Dec 2009, 2:58 pm

Definitely weigh yourself once a week only! Weighing in every day will drive you nuts!
Back to top Go down
trinity74tim

Female
Number of posts : 15

PostSubject: Re: Weight gain immediately post op   Weight gain immediately post op EmptyMon 21 Dec 2009, 2:39 pm

They pump you full of air an fluids while you are under. Doc told me it can take up to three weeks before you notice a difference on the scales. I had put on 300 gms and could have easily jumped out of a moving car because I thought I had failed. Hang in there and don't weight yourself( Iknow that is hard!) It will happen the weight will move downward soon.
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Weight gain immediately post op   Weight gain immediately post op EmptyMon 21 Dec 2009, 12:07 pm

first of all DON'T PANIC!!
Secondly - have you been to do no 2's?????
Thirdly - you could be retaining water or just about due for your monthly's!
Fourthly - DON'T PANIC!!! It will happen!
Back to top Go down
CheekyBugger
Part of the furniture
CheekyBugger

Male
Number of posts : 561
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Weight gain immediately post op   Weight gain immediately post op EmptyMon 21 Dec 2009, 11:16 am

your body could just be in shock and still trying to adjust to your food intake?
Back to top Go down
The Lady Helena
Part of the furniture
The Lady Helena

Female

PostSubject: Weight gain immediately post op   Weight gain immediately post op EmptyMon 21 Dec 2009, 10:55 am

Ok...I'm starting to freak out a little bit but I am the same weight on day 7 post op as I was going into hospital??? I also put on nearly 3.5kgs whilst in hospital, fluids I was assured that I would drop soon enough. Has this happened to anyone else? I actually feel 'bigger' than when I went into hospital...my third chin has come back that I'd lost on the pre-op opti. I don't understand why? Any suggestions?
PS. I am following my post op diet to the letter!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weight gain immediately post op   Weight gain immediately post op Empty

Back to top Go down

Weight gain immediately post op
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: