AuthorMessage
Kyles
Part of the furniture
Kyles

Female
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2008-11-07

stomach not paying by the rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: stomach not paying by the rules   stomach not paying by the rules EmptySun 20 Dec 2009, 8:56 pm

Yep agree with Caz...I was having Benefibre too thinking I was doing the right thing but it was making my situation worse :(

Cashews work for me and occasionally I take a laxative if I need to...I find I get blocked down there and then I have problems with food intake..sorry if thats TMI stomach not paying by the rules 2329
Back to top Go down
sutbr01
sutbr01

Male
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: stomach not paying by the rules   stomach not paying by the rules EmptySun 20 Dec 2009, 8:53 am

If new from surgery add some kiwifruit to your morning protein shake, once you can handle tablets try Phloe (derived from kiwifruit, 100% natural), keeps you regular.
Back to top Go down
Nigel
Nigel

Male
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-11-11

PostSubject: Re: stomach not paying by the rules   stomach not paying by the rules EmptySat 19 Dec 2009, 11:28 pm

I am only 4 days from surgery and 24 hours at home, but I have also had no 'movement' in the bowel department. I am starting to wonder if the tightness and pain I am feeling around my stomach might be partly related to that.
Before the operation I was adding a teaspoon of unprocessed bran to my morning milkshake which certainly kept things regular. The nurse I spoke to in Hospital thought that might be a bit too rough on my new tiny tummy and suggested Benefibre, so I have started on that today, and we will see how it goes.
It makes sense that if there is little going in, and that mostly liquid, then little will come out. But there ought to be something.
stomach not paying by the rules 595690
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: stomach not paying by the rules   stomach not paying by the rules EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 2:23 am

I'd recommend psyllium husks or something similar - I found Benefibre turned to concrete in my guts!

But everyone is different.
Back to top Go down
Caz
Sponsor
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 5909
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: stomach not paying by the rules   stomach not paying by the rules EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 2:22 am

I'd recommend psyllium husks or something similar - I found Benefibre turned to concrete in my guts!

But everyone is different.
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: stomach not paying by the rules   stomach not paying by the rules EmptyFri 18 Dec 2009, 2:16 am

Very new sleever......only 4 days post-op, but I will be adding Benefibre twice daily to my diet as recommended by both my dietician and baritric nurse.
Back to top Go down
hypn

Male
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-06-24

PostSubject: thank you   stomach not paying by the rules EmptyWed 16 Dec 2009, 5:36 am

One of the other groups had a member who mentioned a increase in fiber might already make a change and yes I agree that fibre is one of those things you won't find in my diet (well that was until today) but I also thought I am seeing a pattern between what I eat and the reaction. I even went and checked the gastric bypass group to see if they have a explanation.

Suppose it's now a matter of looking at what I eat, time and a slight fibre increase and lets hope smooth sailing from their.

Thanks for the reply "LIB"
Back to top Go down
*Lib*
Top Poster
Top Poster
*Lib*

Female
Number of posts : 1594
Registration date : 2009-03-31

PostSubject: Re: stomach not paying by the rules   stomach not paying by the rules EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 10:52 pm

Yep I had the same problem. Usually it was after I'd had something sweet or rich. I am happy to report that I am nearly 8 months post op and it finally abated about a month ago. Everything was going through rapidly at one stage. And for TMI - I nearly didn't make it more than once!! So you're not alone!! D'oh
Back to top Go down
hypn

Male

PostSubject: O.K.   stomach not paying by the rules EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 11:56 am

Hi Libby,
Glad to hear I am not alone especially since we were both sleeved the same month (3 days apart). Lets hope it gets better over time
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: stomach not paying by the rules   stomach not paying by the rules EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 11:35 am

Hi Andre,
I am pretty much the same. No bowel movements for a week then bolt to the toilet and it can be very 'explosive'. I just figure it's finally worked it's way through by bowels and NEEDS to come out.
I wouldn't worry too much. At least it's coming out.
Back to top Go down
hypn

Male

PostSubject: stomach not paying by the rules   stomach not paying by the rules EmptyTue 15 Dec 2009, 9:11 am

Hi All,

Please help I am 2 months post opp. this week. My meals consist of very little food (which I understand and I am happy with). Mornings would be egg on toast (one quarter), lunch for the most part quarter glass of milk to get tablets down and then supper would be a little experimentation such as possible chicken or pie (small portion).

The problem is that I do not need to ever use the bathroom (which is fine being that I am eating less) but then suddenly one day I would have to rush off with a mixture of diarrhoea and normal stomach. I usually counteract this with immodium

This is normally followed by a week of nothing and then the same story again. I am obviously doing something to irritate my stomach but because I work on the road this type of unexpected problem needs to be avoided.

Need to mention that I was a ex. bandster and I wonder if the carbs could have some contribution (had no carbs for 5 years)

Any advice will be helpful

Regards

Andre
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stomach not paying by the rules   stomach not paying by the rules Empty

Back to top Go down

stomach not paying by the rules
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: All about the surgery :: Pre-op, Post Op, and Complications :: The Post-Op Page-
Jump to: