Part of the furniture
Adelaide_Jo

Female
Number of posts : 457
Registration date : 2009-04-10

G'day from SA Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from SA   G'day from SA EmptySun 22 Nov 2009, 7:54 pm

Welcome aboard the 'good ship' Nigel.

Look forward to hearing more from you as you progress and maybe even seeing you at one of our get togethers....I know CheekyBugger is tired of all the female attention!

Cheers Jo
Back to top Go down
sunland
Sponsor
sunland

Male
Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2009-02-07

G'day from SA Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from SA   G'day from SA EmptySun 22 Nov 2009, 11:32 am

Go for it Nigel, I'm sure you won't regret it...Best of luck

Greg
Back to top Go down
sue
Top Poster
Top Poster
sue

Female
Number of posts : 3609
Registration date : 2008-06-15

G'day from SA Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from SA   G'day from SA EmptySun 22 Nov 2009, 10:38 am

Hello and Welcome Nigel;

This forum is fantastic everyone is very supportive and helpful
Heres hoping you passt that 140 mark this week make sure you let us know so we can all give youa big Cheer

Cheers Sue G'day from SA 63412
Back to top Go down
Nigel
Nigel

Male
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-11-11

G'day from SA Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from SA   G'day from SA EmptySun 22 Nov 2009, 9:12 am

Wow, thanks for the warm greetings.

I'm not much good at keeping a diary, but I have been weighing myself every Friday for the last four years and keeping a graph on the computer. That really tells a tale - I dropped rapidly from 160 to 120 kg during 2006, but ever since then, with a few minor variations, it has been an upward slope. Now the worm has turned down again. This week I should pass the 140 kg mark, and I'm never going to see that number again.

G'day from SA 110673
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

G'day from SA Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from SA   G'day from SA EmptySun 22 Nov 2009, 9:05 am

Hi Nigel,
Welcome and don't forget when reading on the site to check out the bit that says when we are having a get together. I have found it not only fun but informative to get together with others that are local as well.

Cheers Gail
Back to top Go down
Libby
Top Poster
Top Poster
Libby

Female
Number of posts : 1975
Registration date : 2009-07-04

G'day from SA Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from SA   G'day from SA EmptySun 22 Nov 2009, 8:00 am

Welcome to this wonderful site and congratulations on opting for the sleeve surgery.

We all know we can lose weight but keeping it off is another thing altogether, which is why the sleeve is so enticing.

Keep us updated with how you are going with it all, if you havent already, start a diary.

G'day from SA 217555

p.s. it's nice to have another Adelaidian :)
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

G'day from SA Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from SA   G'day from SA EmptySun 22 Nov 2009, 7:31 am

Hi Nigel and welcome to the forum.

I am being sleeved a couple of days before you. I am taking the last week of school (Admin Manager) to have the op, its the surgeons last date before Xmas. This will give me the whole school hols to recover and get back to normal (small) eating, as I am not telling anyone at work, hernia op as far as they know.

So not unlike you.

Enjoy the site, lots to read.
Back to top Go down
allieswans
Part of the furniture
allieswans

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2009-03-29

G'day from SA Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from SA   G'day from SA EmptySun 22 Nov 2009, 7:23 am

congrats on making the decision Nigel.

I was in sleeved in August and love it . I started at 165.5 and today I weigh 132.4.

I also didn't tell very many people but since Ive started to lose weight i have told a few more and the reaction is really positive.

The kids at your school are in for a treat when they see a lot less of you after the holidays.
Back to top Go down
Nigel
Nigel

Male
Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-11-11

G'day from SA Empty
PostSubject: G'day from SA   G'day from SA EmptySun 22 Nov 2009, 7:00 am

Hi everyone,
Good to find this site. I am in Adelaide, and having the sleeve operation with Dr France on 16 December. I have begun my pre-op diet already, and have lost nearly 5kg in the two weeks since my appointment.
I am a teacher, and next year I will be 50. My max weight four years ago was 160+kg, but by diet and exercise I got that down to under 120 kg. and it felt great. Unfortunately, it gradually crept back up to over 145 kg and nothing seemed to make any difference, so I decided the sleeve was the way to go. I have several friends who have had the lap band operation, but it was one of them who actually suggested I check out the sleeve, and after doing some research, and then meeting with Drs Nancarrow and France, I was convinced that it is the right thing for me.
The operation is the week after school breaks up for me, and I am looking forward to returning to school next year leaner, fitter, and healthier. My family is very supportive, but I am not telling the rest of the world about the op. in advance. I'm not making it a big secret either, I just don't want to bore other people with the subject.
I'll post more about my progress as I go along, but thanks to everyone who posts here - I have found lots of interesting and useful information, and I look forward to adding to it from my experience over the coming months.
Nigel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

G'day from SA Empty
PostSubject: Re: G'day from SA   G'day from SA Empty

Back to top Go down

G'day from SA
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: Introductions!-
Jump to: