Eternlslady
6 posters
AuthorMessage
nightowl

Female
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2013-11-10

Surgeons on the Central Coast NSW Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surgeons on the Central Coast NSW   Surgeons on the Central Coast NSW EmptySun 23 Feb 2014, 12:35 am

I'm booked for a sleeve with Dr Munro at North Gosford private hospital in March.
Back to top Go down
kittykat6

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Surgeons on the Central Coast NSW   Surgeons on the Central Coast NSW EmptyFri 21 Feb 2014, 12:32 am

Everyone who has been to him seems pretty impressed with Dr Wong at http://www.centralcoastsurgery.com.au/ and I'm probably going to go with him too once I sort out the finance side of things.

There is a thread on him here http://www.gastricsleevesupport.com/t7818-doctor-ken-wong-gosford
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female
Number of posts : 7036
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Surgeons on the Central Coast NSW   Surgeons on the Central Coast NSW EmptyFri 12 Feb 2010, 2:19 am

When I was originally considering the lap band, I went to Dr Munro's info night and had booked in to see him. That was approximately 2 years ago. Then I decided that I'd go with the sleeve and called to see if he did them, and he didn't. Obviously he could have had a lot of experience since then, but I just thought I'd let you know.
Back to top Go down
workdanceplay
workdanceplay

Female
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Surgeons on the Central Coast NSW   Surgeons on the Central Coast NSW EmptyThu 11 Feb 2010, 12:19 pm

hi,
Ive just had surgery at lake macquarie private, with Dr Costa Karihaloo- he has/was fantastic. he has done over 200 sleeves locally. and also does the bypass but no lapbands.
He works with another surgeon Dr Jon Garni he does lap bands and bypass but no sleeves. I went to Garni's lapband seminar and then decided i didnt want that ,i wanted the sleeve so thats how i met Dr Karihaloo and he and his team have been soooooo great. would highly recommend.
Back to top Go down
workdanceplay
workdanceplay

Female
Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Surgeons on the Central Coast NSW   Surgeons on the Central Coast NSW EmptySat 06 Feb 2010, 6:20 am

hi chrisbychic,
I am having surgery on monday 8th feb 2010, and am using the dr at Lake macquarie private.Dr Karihaloo. He has done over 200 sleeves alone in newcastle, so he must do something right? Anyway soon you will all find out.........
Back to top Go down
painted-lady
painted-lady

Female
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Surgeons on the Central Coast NSW   Surgeons on the Central Coast NSW EmptyFri 27 Nov 2009, 10:42 am

Hi,
was it dr. munro, or dr. caska ?
there is a dr. wong who works out of the same rooms as dr. munro who is going to be doing sleeves, i dont know how many he has done. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, 5 kids and i'm a single parent, so i need to stay close to home, i have chosen dr. munro, he is a very experienced upper gastro surgeon and has done heaps of gastrectomies. i'm a nurse at gosford hospital and have heard very good reports about him, and we get to hear the good stuff, lol
I've read somewhere that a couple of surgeons in newcastle area do the sleeve, i've got a link for you to try, but it looks more for band, but it might be worth calling them and asking and then asking about any other surgeons in the area.
http://www.newcastleobesitysurgery.com.au/index.html

Good luck with your search
Terri.
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Surgeons on the Central Coast NSW   Surgeons on the Central Coast NSW EmptySun 22 Nov 2009, 2:32 pm

There was a guy who worked at a local private hospital - Lake Macquarie? - but
i heard quite a few bad things and wouldn't go near him. Can't remember the name now, tho.
I do know someone who had the bypass and caught the train home from sydney to the coast, but i don't think i'd recommend it. good luck with your search.
Back to top Go down
Eternlslady
Part of the furniture
Eternlslady

Female
Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Surgeons on the Central Coast NSW   Surgeons on the Central Coast NSW EmptySun 22 Nov 2009, 9:31 am

Thanks for answering.

I would really adore being able to use a surgeon who is more experienced with sleeves. Unfortunately I have 4 boys under 9yrs so I really need to have the surgery done close by.
There are surgeons who do do sleeves in Newcastle, I just don't know who they are!
We live at the bottom of Lake Macquarie so if I had surgery in Sydney I would have to catch the train home by myself and (with my DH and kids here, I wouldn't have the support I know I will need because I am a scaredy cat and would probably not go through with it)
Back to top Go down
chrisbychic
Top Poster
Top Poster
chrisbychic

Female

PostSubject: Re: Surgeons on the Central Coast NSW   Surgeons on the Central Coast NSW EmptySun 22 Nov 2009, 5:14 am

Hi there
I recently moved from your area to Melbourne. When I had my surgery done, there was no-one on the coast doing the sleeve. I went to Dr tALBOT AT kOGARAH, WHO IS VERY EXPERIENCED,AND IT WAS WORTH THE TRIP. oops - still one-handed and post-op drugs here -
Back to top Go down
Eternlslady
Part of the furniture
Eternlslady

Female
Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Surgeons on the Central Coast NSW   Surgeons on the Central Coast NSW EmptySun 22 Nov 2009, 3:32 am

I have a referral to a surgeon, but I am afraid that a) he hasn't done many sleeves and b) he seems very focused on the lap band (which I have zero interest in). I attended the lap band seminar run by him and I have heard great things from his bandit patients.
I will attend the interview with him and find out how things go, but I am curious to see if anyone on the forums have had a good experience with a surgeon on the central coast just in case.

ETA: I live in the Northern section so would be open to surgeons in Newcastle too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surgeons on the Central Coast NSW   Surgeons on the Central Coast NSW Empty

Back to top Go down

Surgeons on the Central Coast NSW
Page 1 of 1