Jillybean
Part of the furniture
Jillybean

Female
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-12-28

New bath scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: New bath scale   New bath scale EmptyMon 16 Nov 2009, 12:51 am

Well done Jenni - thats a fantastic loss.
All the best for your surgery - I'm sure you will do well.
hugs
Jilly
Back to top Go down
Jenni
Part of the furniture

Female
Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2009-10-14

New bath scale Empty
PostSubject: New bath scale   New bath scale EmptyMon 16 Nov 2009, 12:34 am

Hi
After 10 weeks on the Optifast I just weighed myself and I have lost 16.5kgs (36.3lbs) WOW.
I have survived quite well on a shake for breaky, a bar for lunch and chicken with salad for dinner (these are getting smaller for this week). I keep looking for the wings and feathers. I have permission from my surgeon to have anything I want for my "last hurrah" meal. Thinking of meat, roast veges and (thanks to Tempest) a small bread roll. That is next Saturday and then on Sunday I will only have Optifast, not even chicken and salad.
Op will be Monday about 2 in the afternoon.
Jenni
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

New bath scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: New bath scale   New bath scale EmptySun 15 Nov 2009, 9:05 pm

Before my surgery I had so much pain in my knees that I was taking anti inflamatories and pain pills just so that I could sleep.
The most humiliating thing for me was sitting on the toilet not sure if I could stand up because the pain of just standing was so bad that I didn't want to do it.
I am 50 so know what you mean about age. Now I have almost no pain in my knees and don't have a problem getting off the toilet LOL
I will still have to have surgery at some stage to repair the knees but for now I am pretty much pain free and so will put it off for as long as possible. It wasn't looks that made me have the surgery but health and I am so much happier on this side with the added bonus that I look better as well as having improved my health.

In case you hadn't guessed I love my sleeve.
Back to top Go down
shifthappens

Female
Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2009-10-28

New bath scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: New bath scale   New bath scale EmptySun 15 Nov 2009, 3:52 pm

You know, I could actually be at peace with my weight if not for the pain. My knees are shot
and I am so looking forward to taking some of the weight off of them. I'm older and have never
been a beauty queen. This is about setting myself up for a pain free life (or far less painful).

Even other issues, like if I'd have to have open heart surgery some day, will be so much easier if it happens. I will be very happy when I get below 240. I know from past experience that's where my body starts to heave a sigh of relief and thank me for the sanity. I could just kick myself
for letting it get this bad.
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

New bath scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: New bath scale   New bath scale EmptySun 15 Nov 2009, 6:35 am

Hi,
Not so Grisly really, there are lots of people here that are that and a lot more, good thing is that it isn't going to stay there. Every time you type a number it will be less and that gives you something positive to look forward to.
So keep going we are 100% with you.

Hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
shifthappens

Female

New bath scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: New bath scale   New bath scale EmptySat 14 Nov 2009, 11:41 pm

Oh, and the grisley numbers. What the hell..............

Sept. weigh in at hospital: 288 pds.
Current: 281
Goal before surgery: 263

(You can see why kgs. look so much better.)
Back to top Go down
shifthappens

Female

New bath scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: New bath scale   New bath scale EmptySat 14 Nov 2009, 11:35 pm

Just to clarify, my place gives two options.

One - If you do not lose weight prior to surgery, you must do 3 weeks of liquid prior to your surgery date.

Two - If you have more than 2 months between starting your diet, and your surgery date and you show a steady maintained weight loss, you only have to do 5 days of liquid. 5 DAYS ONLY!!! That was all I had to hear. Based on my weight, the doctor has said that if I lose 1.5 pounds per week between now and my surgery date, I will only have to do 5 days. With the goal in mind, I can do that. And I'm following their plan.

I know I might fail. Heaven knows, it's happened before. Then I punt and do the 3 weeks of liquid. But I think that with this motivation I can get the 25 pounds off. My date is in early February (tentative).
Back to top Go down
allieswans
Part of the furniture
allieswans

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2009-03-29

New bath scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: New bath scale   New bath scale EmptySat 14 Nov 2009, 9:31 am

If I was you I would calculate in lbs its seems like you are losing more with lbs
Back to top Go down
happyone
happyone

Female
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-09-26

New bath scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: New bath scale   New bath scale EmptySat 14 Nov 2009, 8:40 am

Once the caffeine withdrawal headaches stopped I was too scared to try anything with caffeine in it. Worse thing is, 12 days out, I can't seem to tolerate coffee anymore!

Four weeks of the pre-op diet, omg, not sure that I could have done that. Two weeks I could tolerate - just. Am full of admiration for you. Just think how much weight you will lose pre-op.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
painted-lady
painted-lady

Female
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2009-08-28

New bath scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: New bath scale   New bath scale EmptySat 14 Nov 2009, 5:53 am

Happyone,
I had a huge headache for the first 3 days on optifast, and i dont drink tea or coffee, i drink coke zero, and i'm allowed to have it on my pre-op diet. I was also feeling like i was about to vomit a few times, thank goodness that has passed now.
Week one nearly done, 3 more to go New bath scale 427584
Back to top Go down
happyone
happyone

Female
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2009-09-26

New bath scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: New bath scale   New bath scale EmptySat 14 Nov 2009, 5:00 am

Some scales do the conversion for you. That may be helpful. I guess you should do the same as your doctor/support person does and then do the conversion later for your calendar and us!

Don't you hate the disappointing "last meal"? Mine was an anti climax, but once I started on the optifast I was too scared to break it in case I had to start the awful detox beginning again. Does that make sense? Basically I found the first 4 days awful and then the pre-op diet was ok. I think my hardest bit was going cold turkey on the coffee, the aneasthetist told me that the headaches were caffeine withdrawal.

Go on, get that ticker up!
Back to top Go down
shifthappens

Female

New bath scale Empty
PostSubject: New bath scale   New bath scale EmptySat 14 Nov 2009, 4:15 am

I've been researching a new bath scale. Tomorrow is the day I start my pre-diet and
I wanted to have it by then. Tomorrow morning is my big weigh in. Since reading here
I was very tempted to set it to kg's. But then I decided that while I would like that first
number, losing at such a slower rate would depress me. How silly is that logic?
I'm still thinking about doing it. For one thing, I can write my weight on my calendar
and no one would "get it" at work.

(oh, and I really wanted to go to a movie and eat buttery salty popcorn before I
started this. I sort of got to do that but I wasn't alone (wanted to be) and the popcorn
was horrible...waayyy too salty. So I may have to start this dedicated plan with a
dedicated cheat scheduled. And sometimes I think I'm nuts.)

Be getting a ticker going soon. You'll be able to see the grisly, ugly truth.

New bath scale 878453
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New bath scale Empty
PostSubject: Re: New bath scale   New bath scale Empty

Back to top Go down

New bath scale
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gastric Sleeve Support :: Welcome! :: Welcomes, Introductions & General Chit Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: