AuthorMessage
allieswans
Part of the furniture
allieswans

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2009-03-29

New from Rockhampton :) Empty
PostSubject: Re: New from Rockhampton :)   New from Rockhampton :) EmptyFri 13 Nov 2009, 11:20 am

Sorry Gail - misunderstood I thought you mean't - you liek getting on the scales for visit number 1. Agree that getting on the scales now we are losing is wonderful.

2010ismyyear - Love the name
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: New from Rockhampton :)   New from Rockhampton :) EmptyFri 13 Nov 2009, 10:18 am

Hi Allie,
We are actually agreeing with each other. I was pointing out that at my 12 week check up I was really happy to get on the scales. In fact I have been happy to get on the scales ever since surgery which feels fantastic compared to the embarrassment of the scales in the past.
Back to top Go down
allieswans
Part of the furniture
allieswans

Female
Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2009-03-29

PostSubject: Re: New from Rockhampton :)   New from Rockhampton :) EmptyThu 12 Nov 2009, 8:05 pm

I was sleeved 3 months ago and lost 32.5 kgs and best decision I have ever made. Like you I have spent thousands on pills, diets, machines, trainer, gym memberships.
I self funded my surgery but still money worth spent. Actually I find I save money now on my food bill.

I disagree with Gail about wanting to stand on the gail at the first doctors appointment. That experience was the worst for me because I was so embarrassed that I was so heavy, Since I have been losing I could jump on the scales before he even asks and that comes from the joy of losing.
Back to top Go down
tracey
Sponsor
tracey

Female
Number of posts : 1148
Registration date : 2009-03-04

PostSubject: Re: New from Rockhampton :)   New from Rockhampton :) EmptyThu 12 Nov 2009, 8:47 am

welcome 2010 to the site. I was sleeved by Doc Russell nearly ten months ago and have no regrets. He is an absolute sweetheart and the staff at the Mater will certainly look after you. With so many sleevers going thru in Rocky lately, they should be experts by now!

My diary is an open book if you are willing to wade thru it. lol

hugs and good luck in getting a date
tracey
Back to top Go down
J4Life
J4Life

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: New from Rockhampton :)   New from Rockhampton :) EmptyThu 12 Nov 2009, 7:10 am

Haha i am the same... i enjoy getting on the scales now and seeing the numbers decrease... feels a lot better than seeing them increase as in the past. my dietitian keeps mentioning that my smile is getting bigger and bigger each time i see her. i have not felt better about my life and where it is going!
Back to top Go down
Tempest
Sponsor
Tempest

Female
Number of posts : 3694
Registration date : 2009-08-09

PostSubject: Re: New from Rockhampton :)   New from Rockhampton :) EmptyThu 12 Nov 2009, 7:06 am

Hi,
This will be the first time in your life that you actually look forward to going to the doctor and standing on the scales LOL
SERIOUSLY
I am about 12 weeks out and went to see the Surgeon today for a check up and it is such a buzz to get on the scales AND I even did a Woo Hoo in his office when I saw the numbers.

Take care and stay excited, we are with you all the way.

Big hugs Gail
Back to top Go down
2010ismyyear!

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: New from Rockhampton :)   New from Rockhampton :) EmptyTue 10 Nov 2009, 2:48 pm

Thank you all!!

I have been reading every night and feeling so great about this surgery!

Im just busting to get to my appointment next Thursday and then hoping I will get my date and it will be in early December.. I will be so disappointed if its not!!

Is anyone else having the sleeve done by Dr Russell soon?
Back to top Go down
Janette
Top Poster
Top Poster
Janette

Female
Number of posts : 4341
Registration date : 2009-09-13

PostSubject: Re: New from Rockhampton :)   New from Rockhampton :) EmptyThu 05 Nov 2009, 10:44 am

Welcome.......

Enjoy the site, lots and lots of info.....I am still reading!
Back to top Go down
CheekyBugger
Part of the furniture
CheekyBugger

Male
Number of posts : 561
Registration date : 2009-05-11

PostSubject: Re: New from Rockhampton :)   New from Rockhampton :) EmptyThu 05 Nov 2009, 10:37 am

welcome 2010,

I think you are certainly in the right place for advice and support.

Feel free to ask as many questins as you like, there is also alot of information in The Pre-Op section of the site.

Best of luck
Back to top Go down
LeeLee12
LeeLee12

Female
Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-07-28

PostSubject: Re: New from Rockhampton :)   New from Rockhampton :) EmptyThu 05 Nov 2009, 5:24 am

Hi and welcome. I too was sleeved by Dr Russell 3 weeks ago. I am 3 weeks out and feeling good. Just starting to eat solids and so far all is well. I had to do 3 weeks opti and that, with the last 3 weeks has enabled me to lose 20 kilos. At times I still struggle to see this myself but have received many comments. I have been quiet open about telling people about the surgery if asked and have recieved all positive feedback. I feel we all get to a stage where we need the help and as you say this is a tool but it makes life alot easier. One of my goals is to wear my wedding ring again. It has been over 9 years since I have been able to wear it. I put weight on with each of my 4 children so its been a while. All the best. Any questions just ask.
Back to top Go down
mapmar
Top Poster
Top Poster
mapmar

Female
Number of posts : 2342
Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: New from Rockhampton :)   New from Rockhampton :) EmptyThu 05 Nov 2009, 1:16 am

Welcome...... I hear you on the losing and gaining! I think a lot of people on here will be agreeing with you on that one!

Looking forward to reading how you are progressing on the downward scale for the last time!!!!!
Back to top Go down
J4Life
J4Life

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-09-22

PostSubject: Re: New from Rockhampton :)   New from Rockhampton :) EmptyThu 05 Nov 2009, 12:34 am

Welcome!

Yay, another person from Rocky!!! I was sleeved end of last month with Dr Russell. He is fantastic! He knows his stuff and is very approachable. The ladies in his office as so friendly as well.

I went through the same process as you, meeting Dr Quinn first, then Dr Russell. When i went to see him i was going to get the band, however by the end of my consult with him, i was going for the sleeve and had my surgery booked... best decision ever!

At the bottom of my post, my signature has all the information about my journey so far (key dates and my weight loss)... and all i can say is that i have never felt and looked better in my life that i can remember!
Back to top Go down
mum23

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-10-23

PostSubject: re; new from rockhampton   New from Rockhampton :) EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 9:43 pm

welcome welcome!!!!! to this wonderful site, and yes i was a stalker for quite some time till i joined up!!! lol ..i am a little further north than yourself in good old qld...i also a newbie with an appointment in two weeks 2day.. yes i know about the loosing and putting back on thing... i went to the dietician yesterday and that was a bit of a fizzer, very nice. very informative, but still thought i could do the weight loss thing with his help, i politley told him i understood all he was saying etc etc but i am 47 chasing 48 in feb,,, i am sick of the merry-go-round!!!!!!! he thought the lap band was quite good and again i politley told him i did not want to be like my sis-inlaw not being able to eat and then being sick, wheres the nutrician in that????? dont get me wrong he was good, thats his job to sell what he does.,, i think i am out of pocket more than yourself even though i have top cover, hubby is starting to figit about the money, ohh boy,, once again welcome New from Rockhampton :) 63412
Back to top Go down
2010ismyyear!

Female
Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: New from Rockhampton :)   New from Rockhampton :) EmptyWed 04 Nov 2009, 11:36 am

Hi All :) I have been reading the site for the past week and thought it was
time to introduce myself!
I'm a 31 year old female that has let her weight ruin her life :(
I've lost weight and always put it back on and more.

I had my first consult last week at Dr Russells surgery. I met with
Dr Quinn who was just lovely! I went in to talk about Lap Band
and when I was told about the sleeve I knew that was perfect for me :)
I have my appointment with Dr Russell on the 19th and then apparently
surgery occurs approx 3 weeks later... Fingers crossed! I have 8 weeks
holidays at the end of this month so the timing is perfect.. I will have
enough time to recover and then when I return to work no one will need
to know... Smaller portions will be a result of a lifestyle change :)

Im so excited for the surgery and just can't wait to start my
new and improved life... I just can't wait! I understand that the
sleeve is just a tool and I still have alot of work to do... Bur that's ok!

Has anyone else used Dr Russell? How long did it take from consult to
surgery? I've been told I'll be out of pocket approx $4000.. Alot less then
I have spent on diets, pills, potions and machinery over the years!!!

:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New from Rockhampton :)   New from Rockhampton :) Empty

Back to top Go down

New from Rockhampton :)
Page 1 of 1